The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Still feeling bummed out by Travis Konecny. Would be really cool to see Bo and Travis together.

However, Boeser seems like a great guy and a great pick too.

LET'S BROCK AND BO!!!! :D That should totally be their line name if they're ever put together.

Can't help but wonder if we could've still had this pick if we traded down?

Still pleased with Boeser though.[/quote

Better safe than sorry. Look at Detroit, Scechnikov on the board and they take him. Was projected to be picked on the early 20's and they take him at 19 and has one of the highest probablilities of NHL success according to advanced stats. If you're up and a guy you've eyed down is there especially as good as Boeser, simply put you take him and don't risk any chance.

I suppose so. But would you rather select Brock Boeser? Or take a risk taking him later, and if you can't, being able to select a plethora of defensemen that we need?

There are 5-7 dmen left on the board that are considered 1st round talents in the world of advanced stats who according should have been taken ahead of some dmen already drafted. Let's hope we can draft 1 of them in the 2nd or 3rd if we get the picks.

I suppose so. But would you rather select Brock Boeser? Or take a risk taking him later, and if you can't, being able to select a plethora of defensemen that we need?

Assuming we trade into the second or third round tomorrow, I wouldn't change what happened today at all. I think we need prospects basically everywhere, and even though defense is the primary weak point, we've still added another good piece to the prospect puzzle.

We'll see what happens, I'll be happy with Boeser either way but a little disappointed if we can't put ourselves in a position to take a defender in the next two rounds.

The rest of the D are nothing special; taking a D just because you need a franchise one and not getting what you needed doesn't make much sense

• Upvote 1

Really good pick. I think the USHL is very underrated, a lot of later 1st round and 2nd round picks become really solid players.

Kyle Okposo, Sam Gagner, Jeff Petry, Max Pacioretty, John Carlson, Justin Abdelkader, David Backes, Keith Ballard, Matt Carle, Alex Chiasson, Justin Faulk, John Gibson, Zemgus Girgensons, Alex Goligoski, Matt Greene, Martin Hanzal, Seth Jones, Rostislav Klesla, Dylan Larkin*, J.T. Miller, John Moore, Matt Nieto, T.J. Oshie, Brandon Saad, Jaden Schwartz, Paul Stastny, Mark Stuart, Jared Tinordi, Jacob Trouba, Thomas Vanek, Patrick Wiercoch, Jimmy Hayes, Blake Wheeler

35 goals is very impressive. Here are USHL goal totals at draft year (in some cases 1 year before or after) amongst a number of successful NHLers:

Okposo: 27G 50GP

Gagner: 11G 56GP

Pacioretty: 21G 60GP

Abdelkader: 27G 60GP

Backes: 28G 57 GP

Chiasson: 17G 57GP

Girgensons: 24G 49GP

Hanzal: 4G 19GP

J.T. Miller: 3G 21GP

Nieto: 14G 21GP

Saad: 12G 24GP

Oshie: 3G 11GP

Schwartz: 33G 60GP

Stastny: 30G 56GP

Vanek: 46G 53GP

Hayes: 4G 21GP

Wheeler: 19G 58GP

Boeser is in some very good company. Only Vanek scored more goals, and he is an elite level sniper.

I would expect Boeser to be in the 40-50 point range, and a guy who regularly scores 20 goals and might hit 30 once or twice.

Good post. He has a great shot which is the main reason benning took him.

So now our prospect forwards are:

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Shinkaruk McCann Grenier

Kennins Cassels Boeser

Blomstrand Gaunce Jensen

Boeser is ahead of Grenier and I bet he'll be better than Virtanen

Hedman, on 26 Jun 2015 - 7:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Demko isn't eligible for WJC.

He played last year

Time marches on. Demko's WJC eligibility is in the past.

Boeser will be eligible for the next two WJCs.

Edited by tyhee

I will really like this pick if we get the 31st pick tmro morning, as once rumoured...

And get Roy or Kylington. How can a defenseman by the BPA only once, maybe twice every 20 years? Especially when its your teams biggest area of need.

At least its a good pick. And we do need RW as well.