The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

10 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

what, he saying to people play for the canucks. i need proof 

He definitely tried to convince Caggiula:

The third member of college hockey’s CBS line, Drake Caggiula, just returned to Grand Forks after a tour of potential National Hockey League employers that included a visit with the Canucks last Thursday and Friday.

“He just got back here at school,” Boeser said between golf shots. “He hasn’t said too much about it, but I’m trying to get it out of him and convince him to come to Van. He said it was a great trip and he really got along with the staff and stuff.”

- See more at: http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/brock-boeser-is-the-canucks-inside-man-at-und-1.2247530#sthash.x9xOOxjV.dpuf

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tanev + Boeser for Kane and Reinhart?

would we do that?  It's painful to think of, but is it fair?

Why even think of trading our best young d-man and best prospect when we're trying to develop?  He's our draft and we'll sign him.

3 minutes ago, clutesi said:

Why even think of trading our best young d-man and best prospect when we're trying to develop?  He's our draft and we'll sign him.

Yes, it's very painful to think of, but JB wants to speed up the rebuild, and this trade brings in two forwards who are developed, while still being relatively young.  

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, it's very painful to think of, but JB wants to speed up the rebuild, and this trade brings in two forwards who are developed, while still being relatively young.  

How would our roster look with those players... Where would they fit?

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Kane Reinhart Hansen

Granlund Sutter Burrows

Baerstschi Horvat Dorsett

That screws our development by putting Bo and Sven on the fourth line, Or It means we gave up a ton for a foundational player in sutter to play the fourth line and it mean a bunch of other players are left off the roster. (Virtanen, Gaunce, Skille, Rodin)

We have a future need for some of those players but until the Sedins leave, we don't have room to be adding.  It makes more sense for us to make a move like that in 2 years or for us to draft a player to be ready in two years to take over for the twins..  

15 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

How would our roster look with those players... Where would they fit?

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Kane Reinhart Hansen

Granlund Sutter Burrows

Baerstschi Horvat Dorsett

That screws our development by putting Bo and Sven on the fourth line, Or It means we gave up a ton for a foundational player in sutter to play the fourth line and it mean a bunch of other players are left off the roster. (Virtanen, Gaunce, Skille, Rodin)

We have a future need for some of those players but until the Sedins leave, we don't have room to be adding.  It makes more sense for us to make a move like that in 2 years or for us to draft a player to be ready in two years to take over for the twins..  

Or we could go

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Kane - Reinhart - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Granlund - Gaunce - Burrows/Dorsett

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Or we could go

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Kane - Reinhart - Eriksson

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Granlund - Gaunce - Burrows/Dorsett

Since sutter would be on the top line that would limit Horvat into full defensive zone duties and personally I want to see the kid grow more offensively.  

Canucks currently have too many centers,  if were going to get a future Hank replacement, lets do it after Hank is gone or then at least explore possibilities of moving them.  Getting a player before they are gone just puts everything on pause for a couple years.    

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Since sutter would be on the top line that would limit Horvat into full defensive zone duties and personally I want to see the kid grow more offensively.  

Canucks currently have too many centers,  if were going to get a future Hank replacement, lets do it after Hank is gone or then at least explore possibilities of moving them.  Getting a player before they are gone just puts everything on pause for a couple years.    

Would the trade (as silly as it is) make us better up front, right now? The key in the entire deal (for me) is getting Sam Reinhart.  I see him as a replacement for Henrik, and in time being an excellent one two punch at center with Bo.

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would the trade (as silly as it is) make us better up front, right now? The key in the entire deal (for me) is getting Sam Reinhart.  I see him as a replacement for Henrik, and in time being an excellent one two punch at center with Bo.

I can see what you mean, but hasn't Kane been a cancer for every team he's played for? 

10 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Great source. Some guy has never been wrong before so this must be true. 

Trump built his campaign on "things he heard" and he won the election for President of the United States so....crap, Boeser must be leaving.

No it will not go downhill if Boeser does not want to play here which he said he sure does, then he will be traded and we will get back a decent package for him.Boeser has said after this season he is excited to come play for us so this guy who ever he is must be drunk or on glue or something!