The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Cassels was our Bergeron, Virtanen was our Lucic and McCann was our Sakic.  People around here can't help themselves from hyping up our prospects

Since when did anybody call Cassels our next Bergeron or McCann our next Sakic? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

"Cassels is an elite shutdown centerman"  because he shut down McDavid so I threw my own comparable out for that one, although I'm sure the comparison was actually mentioned by a poster at some point.  Vrbata compared McCann's wrist shot to Joe Sakic's so lots of people took that comment and ran with it. 

Not gonna lie, McCann does have a nice shot, I don't think people saw him as the next Sakic despite Vrbata's comparison. 

Pretty depressing stats for Cassels in Utica. Turning out to be the next Alexandre Mallet.

On 4/12/2016 at 2:48 PM, Stierlitz said:

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 8m8 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Boeser: It's tempting to turn pro, but there's no rush. For me, playing another year of college can help me develop physically and mentally.

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 13m13 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Boeser: My first three strides can improve. My playmaking ability, getting faster with that. Will skate at UND with Oshie, Parise this summer.

TSN Radio Vancouver @TSN1040 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario

Boeser on turning pro: I just feel that returning to North Dakota for another year can't hurt me, it can only help me.

@MJDDawg

Here's some quotes on him returning to college for one more year from April when being asked about turning pro this season.....

also  Benning quote  

We are leaning Boeser playing one more year at UND - Benning #Canucks

Wherever he ends up next year, I'm very excited to see his progress :) 

On 01/12/2016 at 6:46 PM, The 5th Line said:

Cassels was our Bergeron, Virtanen was our Lucic and McCann was our Sakic.  People around here can't help themselves from hyping up our prospects

Horvat is our Bergeron

Virtanen is our Bertuzzi

McCann is our Kesler (same fate to)

Rodin is our Naslund

Boeser is our Laine

Tryamkin is our Chara

Juolevi is our Lidstrom

Stecher is our Orr

Hutton is our Karlsson

Demko is our Roy

Gudbranson is our Bigger Bieksa

2020 cup is ours!!!

Edited by Hortankin

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Since when does a wrist bone bruise cause a guy to miss games?  There's more to this injury.  

Good point Alf.  My guess is a hairline fracture and they need to let it heal before he goes back on the ice.  I've had one of those; no need for a cast, but you have to be careful or you can break the bone.  Heals +++ faster than a break and there shouldn't be much in the way of atrophy.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Since when does a wrist bone bruise cause a guy to miss games?  There's more to this injury.  

Well if its the wrist and the joint is bruised then that would limit mobility of that joint and be quite painful. No reason to hide a different injury from people. He probably just needs a week or two rest 

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Well if its the wrist and the joint is bruised then that would limit mobility of that joint and be quite painful. No reason to hide a different injury from people. He probably just needs a week or two rest 

Also increase chance of breakage I'd imagine too.

The Canucks curse really needs to take a vacation. Another prospect down with injury prior to joining our club.
Thankfully this one sounds like a routinely recoverable injury, but hate to see this kid have to sit and watch hockey when he was having the season of his life.