The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] EDDIE TO CAROLINA

Stix

Disaster. Everything looked so promising yesterday.

Lack gone for peanuts and a debatable pick in Boeser (not BPA, didn't fit organisational need, but still not Carlo).

Ownership want us to go out in the first round every year and have no real interest in doing what it takes to really win (lose, a lot, for a few years).

Patience will run very thin in this city now. Most of the new management's moves have been poor (Vrbata and Bärtschi being notable exceptions).

what a terrible trade. dumping miller for a conditional 7th would have been infinitely better. oh wait, besides the whopping 6 million contract, miller ALSO HAS A NTC. way to go, benning.

The goal is to win hockey games.

Miller is better than Lack. Miller can carry us the whole season.

I expect a 65 -17 game all it with Marky.

Like I said Lack has never ever played more than 41 games. Had he stayed Wed have to ask Marky to play around 25 - 30 games.

66th is in the third round but probably holds second round talent.

Honestly I bet if we had got a mid second we would have probably drafted the same guy we take at 66

I was going to say the same thing. Banning and co. will probably grab a dman they have their eyes set on.. Meloche? Vande Sompel? Seigenthaler? Jones? Im guessing they have 2 or 3 guys they'll be happy with.

Wish there was more of a return..not overly surprised it isn't.

asset manangement actually. he came in here raving about the core vets on this team. thought he could win the cup?? i would have expected him to clean house and get some return for beiksa, higgins et al. now a year later we have let those possibilities go. virt was not a difficult pick by the way. the jury is still well out on mcann/demko

Yeah, because cleaning house is all on Benning when the owner wants to make the playoffs. He's had his hands tied.

People keep forgeting we traded our 2nd for Sven. Which is a great deal in my opinion. Recovering this third gives us a full deck in terms of new young players. I'd rather have baer then a 2nd any day of the week. Was hopeful for a 2nd for Lack but am happy with an early third.

66th is in the third round but probably holds second round talent.

Honestly I bet if we had got a mid second we would have probably drafted the same guy we take at 66

i dknt think we'll get anywhere near the talent thats left in the next 10 picks.

At least he went ot the east coast. LOL at everyone thinking a 27 year old UFA was worth a first round pick

Bingo !! And you can tell by reading the posts who those people are! Quite entertaining actually.

I think a lot of it comes from media brainwashing thinking we can get more or just a viral hate for Benning.

Either way , ppl aren't thinking for themselves.

Best of luck to the Stork !!

Not if you look at statistics and general play. Miller is here for the $$$, Lack was here to play hockey.

When Eddie Lack plays a whole season w. Starters workload then we can compare him to a starter like Miller.

Right now all I see is a great bullpen guy w. Limited innings being compared to a starting pitcher

The goal is to win hockey games.

Miller is better than Lack. Miller can carry us the whole season.

I expect a 65 -17 game all it with Marky.

Like I said Lack has never ever played more than 41 games. Had he stayed Wed have to ask Marky to play around 25 - 30 games.

Correction Miller was better than Lack......5 years ago.

Lack has the edge over Miller in every aspect, except for the W-L record.

Archived