The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

I seem to remember people comparing his play style to Hammer in the young stars tourney. If that's the case, then this doesn't concern me much.

Even if his potential is a Hamhuis-like player—not sure I agree with that comparison too much—Hamhuis had 60 points in 59 games as a 19 year old for the Cougars, if you're gonna be a decent 2-way defenseman in the NHL, you need to put up some stats in the CHL.

I think Brisebois get going this year, hopefully sooner than later.

I seem to remember people comparing his play style to Hammer in the young stars tourney. If that's the case, then this doesn't concern me much.

yes but to put in perspective hanmer had 59pts in his draft year and 60 draft plus one.

That team wasnt anything spectacular either.

Edited by Gooseberries

Even if his potential is a Hamhuis-like player—not sure I agree with that comparison too much—Hamhuis had 60 points in 59 games as a 19 year old for the Cougars, if you're gonna be a decent 2-way defenseman in the NHL, you need to put up some stats in the CHL.

I think Brisebois get going this year, hopefully sooner than later.

yes but to put in perspective hanmer had 59pts in his draft year and 60 draft plus one.

That team wasnt anything spectacular either.

Fair enough, I didn't know his junior numbers, I was going off of current offensive production.

Hopefully Brise picks it up!

i do my judgment when i watch him vs russian, anybody know if zhukenov will play for russia or maybe even the Q?

btw Carl Neill is at just under a ppg on a much better team...

I think that Brisebois always plays against the top line with one of the worst team of the CHL. We can't judge him!

But he will make again Russia super series. He made this team at 17 and 18. I think it's very good for us!

Edited by CrazyCanucks27

Why do we even bother drafting d from the Q? Hell, why draft any player from that league? Look how many of those guys are busts? They are one way players, who's games usually don't translate. Sure there are some who do well, but guys generally don't.

I'm watching the Canadien hockey League since several years and each league have very good players. Alflives don't forget that 3 of the last 4 Mermorial cups were won by of the QMJHL. I'm a WHL fan but I respect the three league!!!

Why do we even bother drafting d from the Q? Hell, why draft any player from that league? Look how many of those guys are busts? They are one way players, who's games usually don't translate. Sure there are some who do well, but guys generally don't.

I'm watching the Canadian hockey League since several years and each league have very good players. Alflives don't forget that 3 of the last 4 Mermorial cups were won by of the QMJHL. I'm a WHL fan but I respect the three league!!!

Edited by CrazyCanucks27
  • Upvote 2

Congrats on answering your own question. Some guys do well which is why it would be not in our best interest to ignore that league.

Edited by The Lock

The odds are so much better, it seems, to draft from other places.

The odds are if you do your research on the player, rather than the league they're in, you'll find out what players you feel will be best on your team and draft accordingly.

The odds also are if you don't even look at certain leagues, you're limiting your potential picks and knowledge at the draft, lowering your chances of drafting the right draft picks.

The odds are if you do your research on the player, rather than the league they're in, you'll find out what players you feel will be best on your team and draft accordingly.

The odds also are if you don't even look at certain leagues, you're limiting your potential picks and knowledge at the draft, lowering your chances of drafting the right draft picks.

I accept that :)

Zhuk plays in the Q.

Brisebois is a good example where statsheets do not always tell the full story.

He is eating up big minutes in all situations, his team may not be very good but playing a keyrole can only be good for his development

Brisebois is a good example where statsheets do not always tell the full story.

He is eating up big minutes in all situations, his team may not be very good but playing a keyrole can only be good for his development

funny how you only post this after he gets a goal. You weren't so brave 2 days ago.
  • Upvote 1