The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dmitry Zhukenov | C

9 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Is he Bolting?  Or is this not concerning? I don't understand why he would do this, he would have been eligible for the AHL.. how long is he signing in thé KHL for? 

Tryamkin played in the K until he was 22, right?  Shuk might not be ready for the NHL for a couple years anyway, so this is no big deal.

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

According to eliteprospects.com its been confirmed, as has been on a Russian hockey source.

Either vancouver didn't expect to sign him and wanted him to go back to junior again or Zhuks just had enough of NA.

They, like me, probably think he won't be ready for a couple of year's anyway and Utica could be getting crowded next year....

On 3/29/2017 at 1:37 PM, Where'd Luongo? said:

I get the attraction for Russian players to go home to play in a pro league. Swedes do it quite a bit too. Those leagues are both quite good, so he will still develop but maybe not the way the Canucks want him to.

Yup, fame, money, Mama's home cooking. What's not to like?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Chicoutimi ties the series at 1-1 with a 5-2 win in Game 2. One goal, one assist for Zhukenov who now has 4-7-11 in six playoff games.

Wow he is just ripping it up right now. I don't really care where he plays next year as long as he continues with amazing play like this! Our prospect pool just keeps looking nicer and nicer!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Chicoutimi takes a 3-2 series lead with a 3-1 win in Game 5. One goal, one assist for Zhukenov who now has 5-10-15 in nine games and is tied for 1st in QMJHL playoff scoring. Game 6 goes on Monday.

Holy crap. Love it. 

• Upvote 1