The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What year do you guys think we will officially start the rebuild?

The rebuild will happen when Linden/Benning are fired.

Aquilini brothers think that the fans won't turn on a Canuck 'legend' Trevor Linden.

Canucks get garbage for Lack. Some crapty defenseman from the Quebec league (where they don't play defense) that won't turn out and a pity 7th round pick that is equal to a bag of pucks.

Canucks can't move Bieksa, or Miller, as both have no trade clauses and are too old and expensive to be of any value to any NHL team not run by a chimpanzee.

Luca Sbisa gets huge payday for half a season of mediocre play. Dorsett gets a new deal and prompty disappears.

ZERO selections from the WHL until round 7, takes some kid from the USHL at the suggestion of John Weisbrod (Who drafted Mark Jankowski)

This. Bennings performance at this years draft killed any faith I had in this current management group.

Next year, this draft was a sleeper for Benning. He's already stated he likes the 2016 draft more.

We're going to miss the playoffs, consequently getting a high first rounder. Then deal Bonino, Vrbata, and possibly Hamhuis for picks and young players.

I fully expect Benning to load up for next year.

Well unloading Bieksa to SJ for their 2016 2nd would've been a great start.

Never on purpose. This market can't handle a rebuild. Profit means too much when running a business.

I'm ready for it. But honestly who is van gonna trade to rebuild right now? . Cant move the sedins. Have to trade Edler hamhuis bieksa Higgins vrbata and burrows this season/ next off season and get the rebuild going big time for 2016. I think keeping the twins will help all the young guys Learn what it takes to.be an nhl player. When they retire in 3 years benning had better of build. Up a.young core to completely take.over cuz the rebuild. Must be done by then

Should have happened already. Benning should have started the rebuild last year when some older players had some value.

my thoughts exactly.....this past year, imo, should've been all about "tryouts". Let all vets redeem themselves.

Well they didn't, and what little they did....shouldn't be deemed good enough.

NOW the changes should be made.

-Higgins had an awful year

-Burrows mirrored his previous year

-Kassian fell out of favor with the coach, -Bieksa became Ferlands b**ch

-Matthias disappeared after the deadline...could've gotten us something at the deadline

-Hamhuis is a year away from UFA

-Prospects such as Jensen haven't progressed as he should

If we are crying for the re-build, it should've started last week.

The problem with so many Canucks fans, is that they seem to think that just saying it makes it so. We want a rebuild therefore it is possible and all our NTC's and NMC's will waive just by being asked.

I think it is quite possible that Benning and Linden put feelers out to see which players would consider it. Like it or not these players have a right to decline. They signed for less just to have job security. If they don't want to go, then a full on rebuild is not possible. A "re-tool" becomes the only option.

I think(hope) Benning is loading up for next year's draft as he mentioned that he liked the 2016 pool better. I am expecting Canucks to miss playoffs this season. With the tight race in the West and the fact that team in our division and and some teams in our conference got better, I don't think we have a chance. Last year I believe we won all games against Edmonton. I don't expect the same to happen this year. LA is going to be better and more hungry. Calgary...oh god..why... So I hope they trade some core(Bieksa, Higgins, Hansen, etc) and stack up on picks for next year's draft like Boston did this year. I believe this is the year we'll go into a rebuild.

If they do the same thing every year and expect something different, expect us to go down a similar path the Leafs went through the past 9 years.

The problem with so many Canucks fans, is that they seem to think that just saying it makes it so. We want a rebuild therefore it is possible and all our NTC's and NMC's will waive just by being asked.

I think it is quite possible that Benning and Linden put feelers out to see which players would consider it. Like it or not these players have a right to decline. They signed for less just to have job security. If they don't want to go, then a full on rebuild is not possible. A "re-tool" becomes the only option.

At this rate, the old core will outlast Linden and Benning. If Miller falters, expect the fans to get angry.

I think(hope) Benning is loading up for next year's draft as he mentioned that he liked the 2016 pool better. I am expecting Canucks to miss playoffs this season. With the tight race in the West and the fact that team in our division and and some teams in our conference got better, I don't think we have a chance. Last year I believe we won all games against Edmonton. I don't expect the same to happen this year. LA is going to be better and more hungry. Calgary...oh god..why... So I hope they trade some core(Bieksa, Higgins, Hansen, etc) and stack up on picks for next year's draft like Boston did this year. I believe this is the year we'll go into a rebuild.

If they do the same thing every year and expect something different, expect us to go down a similar path the Leafs went through the past 9 years.

I been adamant since yesterday when I heard Benning had SJ's 2016 2nd on the table for Bieksa.....Benning held out for a lower 5th or 6th for this year as well and SJ said bye bye...

THAT to me is the new bar set for BIEKSA.

MARK NY WORD. ....SJ is going to be right there with us in our division and possibly the conference

So the situation is.....

And I want you to remember this at this exact time next year........

- when we could've had a VERY HIGH 2nd for Bieksa-

It's been said why we can't just " rebuild ".

NTC. pretty much anyone with value has one. Yeah, they might waive if they like the destination, but it's not like Benning can go out and get full value for most of these guys.

Thank gillis for basically giving the entire core of this team the right to retire here.

Archived