The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What year do you guys think we will officially start the rebuild?

The route the Canucks' are heading rite now is a similar route to the Leafs,Oilers or Flames

Our prospect pool has no real 1st line skill

Our prospect pool has no real defensive stud (these can take long to develop and we have no were near one)

- Just like the Leafs were, we are trusting our core which will bite us in the behind. After seeing a horrible effort in game 6 you would think management puts the foot down and changes the direction of this team but nope. ( How we lost to Calgary gm 6 is similar to how the Leafs lost to Boston)

- Signing outrageous contracts

- Not having the right picks in the draft ( for example, this year Benning had NO 2ND ROUNDERS)

- Also not signing the right guys.

- Not sticking to the plan but instead trying to do a quick rebuild

In short, the writing is on the wall, we need to rebuild now not later or else we will see paper bags being introduced to Rogers Arena and this will get ugly soon. I don't know why the management is not asking the guys from the core to waive and why they are not sending that direct message that we are truly making a change. Instead we are seeing this team go out and sign expensive free agents to put on a mediocre effort in round 1. The bottom line no matter what this team does they will never be good enough to compete for a cup because there is too many holes. They need to trade the veterans and start the rebuild Heck, even Boston got the memo but I don't get what the Canucks' are doing.

Next year, this draft was a sleeper for Benning. He's already stated he likes the 2016 draft more.

We're going to miss the playoffs, consequently getting a high first rounder. Then deal Bonino, Vrbata, and possibly Hamhuis for picks and young players.

I fully expect Benning to load up for next year.

Never on purpose. This market can't handle a rebuild. Profit means too much when running a business.

Except a lot of fans want a rebuild. People are tired of the same old core struggling to win games.

Fans want youth because youth brings hope, and this core has none of that.

I think the fans can handle it but I don't the owners can handle a economic loss and this is a problem heading forward.

Lol it's really easy to crap on the owners about losing money. Is it your potential millions of dollars lost? No? Give your head a shake.

Should have started last year. Will hopefully start this year with everyone around us getting better. The problem this management group got into is trying to sell the idea of a retool instead of a rebuild like this team needed. That raised fans expectations instead of preparing them for a rebuild. It's too late now, so when we suck this year fans are going to be pissed. Whereas if you already prepared the fans for a rebuild last year like they're doing in toronto now, the fans wouldn't be so pissed. Doing a retool is just spinning your tires like toronto did for years and never getting top 5 lottery picks. It's a plan that just gets you stuck in mediocrity.

The route the Canucks' are heading rite now is a similar route to the Leafs,Oilers or Flames

Our prospect pool has no real defensive stud (these can take long to develop and we have no were near one)

- Just like the Leafs were, we are trusting our core which will bite us in the behind. After seeing a horrible effort in game 6 you would think management puts the foot down and changes the direction of this team but nope. ( How we lost to Calgary gm 6 is similar to how the Leafs lost to Boston)

- Not having the right picks in the draft ( for example, this year Benning had NO 2ND ROUNDERS)

In short, the writing is on the wall, we need to rebuild now not later or else we will see paper bags being introduced to Rogers Arena and this will get ugly soon. I don't know why the management is not asking the guys from the core to waive and why they are not sending that direct message that we are truly making a change. Instead we are seeing this team go out and sign expensive free agents to put on a mediocre effort in round 1. The bottom line no matter what this team does they will never be good enough to compete for a cup because there is too many holes. They need to trade the veterans and start the rebuild Heck, even Boston got the memo but I don't get what the Canucks' are doing.

Hopefully next year at the trade deadline

The rebuild will happen when Linden/Benning are fired.

Aquilini brothers think that the fans won't turn on a Canuck 'legend' Trevor Linden.

Canucks get garbage for Lack. Some $&!#ty defenseman from the Quebec league (where they don't play defense) that won't turn out and a pity 7th round pick that is equal to a bag of pucks.

Canucks can't move Bieksa, or Miller, as both have no trade clauses and are too old and expensive to be of any value to any NHL team not run by a chimpanzee.

Luca Sbisa gets huge payday for half a season of mediocre play. Dorsett gets a new deal and prompty disappears.

ZERO selections from the WHL until round 7, takes some kid from the USHL at the suggestion of John Weisbrod (Who drafted Mark Jankowski)

I think the fans can handle it but I don't the owners can handle a economic loss and this is a problem heading forward.

Did you see the "fans" reaction to trading their backup goalie for a realistic price?

What makes you think this market can handle a rebuild.

I think it could very well start in the coming season. If the canucks are out of the playoff picture next year we have a lot of players to sell at the deadline. 2016 is going to be a deep draft too, so hopefully that is where we pick up our next franchise player(s)....

The rebuild will happen when Linden/Benning are fired.

Aquilini brothers think that the fans won't turn on a Canuck 'legend' Trevor Linden.

Canucks get garbage for Lack. Some crapty defenseman from the Quebec league (where they don't play defense) that won't turn out and a pity 7th round pick that is equal to a bag of pucks.

Canucks can't move Bieksa, or Miller, as both have no trade clauses and are too old and expensive to be of any value to any NHL team not run by a chimpanzee.

Luca Sbisa gets huge payday for half a season of mediocre play. Dorsett gets a new deal and prompty disappears.

ZERO selections from the WHL until round 7, takes some kid from the USHL at the suggestion of John Weisbrod (Who drafted Mark Jankowski)

The ugliness is starting to pile up, sad to say.

you forget that baerschi was our second round pick...dorsett our third...he wanted a 2nd and 3rd but the bieksa deal fell through and lack was not loved like we love him...i can see bieksa moved in the summer and maybe some hockey trades with other core players...i see kassian being moved.....i see the core being moved as people step up and force them out...players have to earn their way on the team...are there teams out there that would give us a player that can make our team for say, higgins, hansen or kassian?

We can't change history, worrying about it is a waste of energy, it's best to let it go.

There's a good chance next year we will be out of the playoff picture in time to trade off some old assets at the deadline. Load up on picks and make a splash in the 2016 draft. By the following season some of our young guns will be ready for prime time.

We?

This team is in denial and will lose a lot of ticket sales because of it.

Last year. After the team knew they weren't going to make P.O.'s it would've worked to clear the slate.

Remember how years ago Philly cleared the deck when they stunk and then got Forsberg, Timonen, etc. and became a playoff team by next year? Too bad Jim isn't that kind of GM, would work to have one now.

I think it would've worked to sign Vrbata and Miller after the team re-tooled and declared its intention to still make the playoffs, so it would've been optimized for a rebound year with good young assets and veterans ready to win again.

This year would've been fine too, had some marketable assets which could've gone for high value (e.g. Lack, Juice) but we decided to keep the grit and couldn't make trades when he should have... oh well what's done is done.

Archived