The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015-16 Utica Comets Thread

thejazz97

Comets are playing against O'connor tonight. Remember the Boston U goalie the Canucks were trying to sign?

The Senators were able to sign him because they promised him time in the NHL. Turns out he ended up the AHL anyways. So far this season he has played 3 games, posted an 0-3 record with a 3.04 GAA  .894 SV%.

Comets are playing against O'connor tonight. Remember the Boston U goalie the Canucks were trying to sign?

The Senators were able to sign him because they promised him time in the NHL. Turns out he ended up the AHL anyways. So far this season he has played 3 games, posted an 0-3 record with a 3.04 GAA  .894 SV%.

funny.  The guy sucks.  Glad we didn't waste a contract on his sorry butt.  What are we allowed 50 contracts?  There's a few more we could get rid of too, at the end of this season.

Final score: 7-5 Comets

Shots: 32-29 Senators
Powericon1.png plays: Utica (2/7), Binghamton (1/5)

Scoring:
1. UTI Subban 1 (Pedan, LaBate) 8:05
1. BNG Lindberg 1 (Dzingel) 10:35
1. BNG Dzingel 1 (unassisted) 16:41
1. UTI Jones 2 (Zalewski, Negrin) 19:44

2. UTI Fedun 1 (Vey, Grenier)(PP) 11:23
2. UTI Shinkaruk 5 (Vey) 17:02
2. BNG Dziurzynski 3 (Robinson, Hobbs) 18:48

3. UTI Shinkaruk 6 (Pedan) 0:39
3. BNG Dzingel 2 (Ewanyk, O'Dell)(PP) 6:38
3. BNG Lindberg 2 (Dzingel, Paul) 8:32
3. UTI Jones 3 (Sautner, Cassels)(PP) 12:56
3. UTI Pedan 1 (unassisted)(EN) 19:38

Final score: 7-5 Comets

Shots: 32-29 Senators
Powericon1.png plays: Utica (2/7), Binghamton (1/5)

Scoring:
1. UTI Subban 1 (Pedan, LaBate) 8:05
1. BNG Lindberg 1 (Dzingel) 10:35
1. BNG Dzingel 1 (unassisted) 16:41
1. UTI Jones 2 (Zalewski, Negrin) 19:44

2. UTI Fedun 1 (Vey, Grenier)(PP) 11:23
2. UTI Shinkaruk 5 (Vey) 17:02
2. BNG Dziurzynski 3 (Robinson, Hobbs) 18:48

3. UTI Shinkaruk 6 (Pedan) 0:39
3. BNG Dzingel 2 (Ewanyk, O'Dell)(PP) 6:38
3. BNG Lindberg 2 (Dzingel, Paul) 8:32
3. UTI Jones 3 (Sautner, Cassels)(PP) 12:56
3. UTI Pedan 1 (unassisted)(EN) 19:38

Boeser scored tonight too.  He's got 5 in 7 games.  We got some natural goal scorers coming along::D

First Shinkaruk's goal
https://streamable.com/16so

Pedan with the empty netter
https://streamable.com/709f

All clips posted as usual by Win Tha Game.

Just saw Dregs insider trading, he claimes Travis Green is a top candidate for the Ducks coaching position. I'm not taking his BS too seriously, but if true that would be devastating to the organization. He is a great coach though, we can only hold him back for so long. 

Just saw Dregs insider trading, he claimes Travis Green is a top candidate for the Ducks coaching position. I'm not taking his BS too seriously, but if true that would be devastating to the organization. He is a great coach though, we can only hold him back for so long. 

I guess that depends on how long Willie D wants to coach in Vancouver. A great thing if Green comes to the Canucks after coaching many on the roster at the AHL level. He already has a huge BC connection. The time line probably does not work. Anaheim has all sorts of red flags around it.

I think they need to move Green up to the big club as an assistant after this year and find a new coach for the Comets. Rather keep him in the organization than let him go to another team, we would get a second rounder though if he was hired in season just like Torts.

I think they need to move Green up to the big club as an assistant after this year and find a new coach for the Comets. Rather keep him in the organization than let him go to another team, we would get a second rounder though if he was hired in season just like Torts.

Are you sure? I don't like it applies to AHL coaches

Archived