The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Turkey Terror Attack (Death Count: 30<)

Mathew Barzal

Such a terrible incident. RIP to those lost.

Video (NSFL)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/world/turkey-suruc-explosion/

Suruc, Turkey (CNN)

An apparent suicide bombing ripped through a rally Monday in the Turkish border town of Suruc, killing at least 31 people, Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus said.

At least 100 others were wounded, provincial Gov. Izzettin Kucuk told Turkish media.

The explosion occurred at midday at the Amara Cultural Park in Suruc, where a group had gathered calling for more help to rebuild the Syrian Kurdish city of Kobani, CNN Turk reported.

Suruc is about 6 miles from the border and Kobani, the Syrian city that was the scene of intense fighting between Syrian rebels and Kurdish forces and ISIS.

Explosions at Turkish political rally kill at least 2, injure 100

Photos and video taken from the scene show bodies strewn around a park and dazed people at the blast site while emergency teams rush to aid victims.

"Kids were screaming, everyone was screaming and running," eyewitness Erhan Subasi told CNN. "Everyone was in a panic but trying to help."

"I had a blast at the rally but my legs are killing me."

It obviously happened at the back left, you can hear a pop before the explosion and people turned in that direction, but turned back thinking it was nothing, then ka-boom.

Good thinking too on the annotations that kept popping up.. "Best TV laughs and News bloopers"

Turkey really needs to stop playing with dynamite..

Allegedly supporting ISIS so they can oppress the Kurds and achieve some sort of resolution in Syria.

RIP to the victims.

They're morons if they think that terrorists can be controlled like a dog.

That's bound to happen when you're incredibly lax against terrorists on your doorstep.

It's a bit more complicated than that.

The victims were Kurdish nationalists. The same people that Turkey has spent the last 400-500 years or so horribly oppressing. I seriously doubt that Turkey is now going to great lengths to stop ISIS from getting at these people. Turkey probably gave them directions.

It's a bit more complicated than that.

The victims were Kurdish nationalists. The same people that Turkey has spent the last 400-500 years or so horribly oppressing. I seriously doubt that Turkey is now going to great lengths to stop ISIS from getting at these people. Turkey probably gave them directions.

I didn't know that but I know they've hampered them in their fight against ISIS to retake Kobani. They've also done a poor job of sealing off the border into Syria by the sounds of it; majority of their foreign fighters came through that border. They're also not participating in coalition airstrikes. Perhaps they don't exactly condemn these IS wannabe's?

Turkey really needs to stop playing with dynamite..

Allegedly supporting ISIS so they can oppress the Kurds and achieve some sort of resolution in Syria.

RIP to the victims.

source bbc news

"Preliminary findings show that she was acting on her own,"

you know something is up. especially when Turkey is not allowing fellow Nato Countries to conduct strikes and use their air ports as launch pads for allied offenses. Not to mention Turkey is a top 10 country in terms if Military, yet they are doing nothing. At least Iran is helping out fighing ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

source bbc news

"Preliminary findings show that she was acting on her own,"

you know something is up. especially when Turkey is not allowing fellow Nato Countries to conduct strikes and use their air ports as launch pads for allied offenses. Not to mention Turkey is a top 10 country in terms if Military, yet they are doing nothing. At least Iran is helping out fighing ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

I agree..

The thing about Turkey I guess from their prospective is that they have more to loose than to gain by fighting ISiS..

If Kurdistan ever came into formation a large chunk would be ceded from Turkey.

Then you also have the fact Turkey absolutely despises Bashar Assad because apparently he has decided to block a key oil and gas pipeline from Saudi Arabia to Turkey and eventually Europe?

Archived