The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bonino? we get worse n worse

Van bc

Essentially we traded our second line center, Clendenning and a 2nd round pick for a 3rd line center with a $1.2 million dollar increase in cap hit, who will be a UFA at the end of the season. Bad bad trade for the canucks

Yeah but half the points and 1.2 million more cap hit. Anyone that believes this was a good deal is an idiot. Sorry for insulting most of you.

The only one insulted here is you, big guy! Over and over and over again by yourself.

Nice one.

People are gonna bash you because of how you chose to phrase this thread, but you do have a point. I really don't see how we got any better. The only thing that's good about this trade is that it'll allow Horvat to develop into a second line center.

Except.... Hes posted 3rd line numbers throughout his whole career? It's legit to call him a 3rd line center.

Because that's the only place he's played...

Maybe they believe that he can put up 2nd line numbers if he actually plays on the 2nd line.

Yeah but half the points and 1.2 million more cap hit. Anyone that believes this was a good deal is an idiot. Sorry for insulting most of you.

You really should seek out the facts before posting. This way we don't assume you wear your ass as a hat.

I'm not completely sold on this deal either but I agree that Sutter is an upgrade over Bonino. Better Faceoff %, more size and speed and the same capability offensively. He put up 33 points(I checked the stats) last year as a 3rd liner. Perhaps with better wingers he can provide additional offense than he has to date. I just didn't like to see Clendening go. Liked his puck-moving ability

Essentially we traded our second line center, Clendenning and a 2nd round pick for a 3rd line center with a $1.2 million dollar increase in cap hit, who will be a UFA at the end of the season. Bad bad trade for the canucks

Bwahahahaha. Bonino sucked. I couldn't stand the guy. 15 goals and even had plenty of Poweplay time. What's better. Bonino bejng on our second line and getting 15 goals , or sutter getting 21 on the third. ? Get a clue.

What line u think Bonino will be on for the pens and how much Poweplay time u think he will get? Well if he got 15 here on the second with pp time ..... Not to mention sutter kills him in defensive ability

Bonino on the pens is a third line centre. And one that isn't as useful on the third either.

Can someone look up how many defensive zone faceoffs on the right side the team lost last year? Cause I guarantee you it's probably around the 70-80% mark. That's good enough for me to like this trade if our f/o % on that right side gets better. Less dzone starts for the Sedin's is huge also. HAving Horvat and Sutter take most of the dzone draws will win us more games in the long run. Watch Hank and Dank throw up 90 points each this year with more ozone starts.

Archived