The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reports Patrick Kane is under police investigation.

I don't even think he did it. The chick went to his house and probably regretted it the next morning or just wanted some money and said she was raped.

I havn't really read up on it much, but wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened. If a drunk star athlete invited you to his house, it's common sense he's going to want sex, not many people have common sense these days though.

"I don't know anything about the case but I'll assume she's guilty anyway."

What a stupid post.

Kane has had issues, yes, but a pattern of behavioral issues, with the latest one prior to this accusation being 3 years ago, can't be used to justify calling him a rapist when he hasn't even been charged yet by investigators.

3 years is a long time, and we don't know what happens behind closed doors. Maybe he has matured over those 3 years with the help of the Blackhawks, or maybe he had a sit down with close family and friends and decided to change. Or maybe he hasn't matured, and has managed to keep whatever trouble he's gotten into over the past 3 years on the down low.

Either or, I'm not for, or against Kane in this current situation, but I don't think it's fair to label him something when nothing has been proven.

As for the Hawks getting penalized for this, that doesn't even make sense. They're a professionally run organization in Chicago, Illinois. What one of their employees does during his off season in Buffalo, New York isn't something they should be held responsible for. They're not required by the CBA to hire babysitters for every employee of theirs for the off season.

When Aaron Hernandez was found to be involved in some way with murder, not accused of, but once some sort of evidence had actually been brought up, the Patriots terminated his contract and removed any traces of him from the organization immediately. But the NFL didn't punish the Patriots, because what Hernandez did on his own time in the off season is his responsibility.

After watching the 'fall guy' video by Cris Carter, I think the NFL has some new damage control to worry about.

The thing is, ALL pro leagues offer their young star players a life of tolerance and entitlement, and these values being instilled in a mind as twisted as Kane's is a pretty dangerous thing.

Should the person putting together the timebomb be innocent just because the timebomb went off elsewhere?

He's being investigated for statutory rape. We're not sure how old the girl is, but jail time varies from 4 to 25 years, depending on the age of the girl. There will likely be a settlement, but wow. What a pig.

Wait, when did statutory rape come into it? I haven't heard that, and it'd mean the woman he assaulted likely wasn't even of voting age, let alone old enough to be in a bar. Someone can correct me on the laws in Buffalo if that's incorrect, but I don't think they're investigating for anything but regular rape.

EDIT: I looked it up and the age of consent in the state of New York is 17.

I don't even think he did it. The chick went to his house and probably regretted it the next morning or just wanted some money and said she was raped.

I havn't really read up on it much, but wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened. If a drunk star athlete invited you to his house, it's common sense he's going to want sex, not many people have common sense these days though.

Someone clearly didn't read the recent revelations, in that the woman was just accompanying her friend who was the one wanting to go back with Kane to his house. So, using your logic, the woman - who went with her friend to make sure she was safe - should reasonably expect that a drunk NHL star would assault her?

Maybe next time you should "read up on it."

Wait, when did statutory rape come into it? I haven't heard that, and it'd mean the woman he assaulted likely wasn't even of voting age, let alone old enough to be in a bar. Someone can correct me on the laws in Buffalo if that's incorrect, but I don't think they're investigating for anything but regular rape.

EDIT: I looked it up and the age of consent in the state of New York is 17.

Someone clearly didn't read the recent revelations, in that the woman was just accompanying her friend who was the one wanting to go back with Kane to his house. So, using your logic, the woman - who went with her friend to make sure she was safe - should reasonably expect that a drunk NHL star would assault her?

Maybe next time you should "read up on it."

http://sportsmockery.com/2015/08/the-girl-involved-in-patrick-kane-rape-accusation-younger-than-18-years-old/

I dont even know what to believe anymore.

That link is terrible, you should check the source link from that page.

http://patch.com/illinois/lakeview/rape-accusation-leads-cops-investigate-blackhawks-star-patrick-kane

All that source link says is the following:

...The investigation initially was described as a “statutory rape” case. The age of the accuser is unknown, and police have been ordered not to comment publicly on the case at all.

“We can neither confirm nor deny the existence or nonexistence of a criminal investigation until such a time as a person is charged with a crime,” Hamburg Police Chief Gregory G. Wickett has told reporters.

All that sounds like to me is it was initially (and likely incorrectly) described that way, but we haven't seen anything else where it's been confirmed as an investigation for sex with someone under the age of 17 (consensual or not, consent can't be given under the age of 17 in the state of New York).

After watching the 'fall guy' video by Cris Carter, I think the NFL has some new damage control to worry about.

The thing is, ALL pro leagues offer their young star players a life of tolerance and entitlement, and these values being instilled in a mind as twisted as Kane's is a pretty dangerous thing.

Should the person putting together the timebomb be innocent just because the timebomb went off elsewhere?

While I agree that all pro leagues give their young stars too much power by giving them all this money at such a young age, I don't believe it's the organization's responsibility to monitor their players in the off season to make sure they're not getting into trouble. Sure, the organization or one of it's leaders can take the extra step in guiding their young superstars, like Lemieux taking Crosby under his wing and have him live at his house for his first season or two, but it's not mandated.

It's not fair to say the Blackhawks are putting together a timebomb by paying Kane what they are, because if they hadn't paid him, another team would have.

And like I said, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. For all we know, the Hawks could have been providing Kane with support and guidance for the past 3 years after the frat party incident. His involvement in the community had certainly increased in between the frat party incident and this summer. They didn't have to, the off ice issues clearly weren't affecting his on ice play which is what he is employed to do. If anything, his family, close friends, and his agent should be getting some of the blame if we're going to discuss the topic of people who should've, could've, would've helped Kane straighten out.

That link is terrible, you should check the source link from that page.

http://patch.com/illinois/lakeview/rape-accusation-leads-cops-investigate-blackhawks-star-patrick-kane

All that source link says is the following:

All that sounds like to me is it was initially (and likely incorrectly) described that way, but we haven't seen anything else where it's been confirmed as an investigation for sex with someone under the age of 17 (consensual or not, consent can't be given under the age of 17 in the state of New York).

like i said, i have no idea what to believe at this point. There is so much stuff written out there right now by illegitimate sources. We know very little correct facts at this point. Best of just ro wait it out.

This post proves that you don't.

Do you even know which "chick" regretted going to the "star athlete's" house? :rolleyes:

like i said, i have no idea what to believe at this point. There is so much stuff written out there right now by illegitimate sources. We know very little correct facts at this point. Best of just ro wait it out.

That's why I reacted to the 'statutory' claim. Hardly a statement of fact at this point.

While I agree that all pro leagues give their young stars too much power by giving them all this money at such a young age, I don't believe it's the organization's responsibility to monitor their players in the off season to make sure they're not getting into trouble. Sure, the organization or one of it's leaders can take the extra step in guiding their young superstars, like Lemieux taking Crosby under his wing and have him live at his house for his first season or two, but it's not mandated.

It's not fair to say the Blackhawks are putting together a timebomb by paying Kane what they are, because if they hadn't paid him, another team would have.

And like I said, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. For all we know, the Hawks could have been providing Kane with support and guidance for the past 3 years after the frat party incident. His involvement in the community had certainly increased in between the frat party incident and this summer. They didn't have to, the off ice issues clearly weren't affecting his on ice play which is what he is employed to do. If anything, his family, close friends, and his agent should be getting some of the blame if we're going to discuss the topic of people who should've, could've, would've helped Kane straighten out.

24hr, 365 day a year surveillance on Kane probably wasn't going to happen.

But what the Hawks could have done was reprimand Kane appropiately after his prior idiotic incidents to instill a feeling that this type of behavior was unacceptable. That didn't happen. Instead his rockstar status has been boosted to uber levels while the Hawks give him the 'atta boy' treatment every step of the way.

The Hawks are a dynasty. Unfortunately, the monster they've created with Kane is a direct cost of their success, so I think they should have to share in some of the fallout here. I think Kane doesn't turn into this person due to him not being as spoiled or entitled if he were on another less fortunate team.

Still, whether or not Kane is found guilty, their franchise and current legacy will be forever tarnished and fans will hang their heads about their (alleged) rapist superstar player. This case will drag well into the season, so a dark cloud will be over Madison until it's wrapped up. If he lands in jail, well. Good. It's where he belongs. But aside from that, the Hawks take a massive blow in terms of on and off-ice impact. Too bad they didn't do enough to get him straightened out. His family, friends, agent etc. may be partially to blame as well, but I don't think that will amount to anything since it's the Hawks who have had all this booming success. Their % liability should amount to far more damages paid, if it comes to that. Follow that up with the NHL's liability as well, since they've helped created this atmosphere as well.

But what the Hawks could have done was reprimand Kane appropiately after his prior idiotic incidents to instill a feeling that this type of behavior was unacceptable. That didn't happen. Instead his rockstar status has been boosted to uber levels while the Hawks give him the 'atta boy' treatment every step of the way.

The Hawks are a dynasty. Unfortunately, the monster they've created with Kane is a direct cost of their success, so I think they should have to share in some of the fallout here. I think Kane doesn't turn into this person due to him not being as spoiled or entitled if he were on another less fortunate team.

Still, whether or not Kane is found guilty, their franchise and current legacy will be forever tarnished and fans will hang their heads about their (alleged) rapist superstar player. This case will drag well into the season, so a dark cloud will be over Madison until it's wrapped up. If he lands in jail, well. Good. It's where he belongs. But aside from that, the Hawks take a massive blow in terms of on and off-ice impact. Too bad they didn't do enough to get him straightened out. His family, friends, agent etc. may be partially to blame as well, but I don't think that will amount to anything since it's the Hawks who have had all this booming success. Their % liability should amount to far more damages paid, if it comes to that. Follow that up with the NHL's liability as well, since they've helped created this atmosphere as well.

lmao. Go ask a hawks fan if the kane thing makes any of their last 3 championships anything less than awesome.

Hypothetically speaking, if a month from now the girl comes out and apologizes for exaggerating the truth and not accurately telling the authorities exactly what happened, it's not going to tarnish their legacy, or their franchise, or Kane's legacy, or their organization.

Again, you're speaking as if he has already been convicted, or has already had charges filed against him and is awaiting trial. I get that you're not a Kane fan or a Blackhawks fan, and I agree that it looks suspicious that Kane's camp hasn't publicly defended this or released any surveillance footage from the house [i assume a millionaire living in a mansion has a home security system], but we can't slander his name in regards to being a rapist until at least authorities feel that there is enough to file charges against him.

Hypothetically speaking, if a month from now the girl comes out and apologizes for exaggerating the truth and not accurately telling the authorities exactly what happened, it's not going to tarnish their legacy, or their franchise, or Kane's legacy, or their organization.

Again, you're speaking as if he has already been convicted, or has already had charges filed against him and is awaiting trial. I get that you're not a Kane fan or a Blackhawks fan, and I agree that it looks suspicious that Kane's camp hasn't publicly defended this or released any surveillance footage from the house [i assume a millionaire living in a mansion has a home security system], but we can't slander his name in regards to being a rapist until at least authorities feel that there is enough to file charges against him.

"It's not looking good for Kane" were the initial reports.

Unfortunately, Deb, over the course of history there has been precedent set that more often than not, a lot of sexual assault/rape accusations are more for fame/money than actually being a victim.

Unfortunately, people actually believe this^ sickeningly ignorant tripe. False rape accusations are extremely rare. My source is a close relative who is the former head of the Toronto PD Sexual Assault Squad, a Masters in Criminology, graduate of the FBI criminal justice program, Academy Instructor, author...

I havn't really read up on it much

that's pretty obvious

Never mind convicted, he hasn't even been charged with a crime a month after the allegations were broadcast by the police at a news conference.

The only reason the Hamburg police made that 5 second statement only confirming the existence of an investigation, 5 days after the fact, is because the media was shutting down their phone lines with enquiries. The story was making it impossible to do their job.

You should also probably learn how the NY State grand jury system works and how long the process can take. I'm not holding my breath though, you're obviously not big on reading up on anything before going on your purple faced tirades.

Unfortunately, people actually believe this^ sickeningly ignorant tripe. False rape accusations are extremely rare. My source is a close relative who is the former head of the Toronto PD Sexual Assault Squad, a Masters in Criminology, graduate of the FBI criminal justice program, Academy Instructor, author...

I was speaking in regards to cases involving a "normal" person and a high profiled person.

I was speaking in regards to cases involving a "normal" person and a high profiled person.

I don't think that's true and believe it's more likely that settlements are offered/reached. And that isn't due to "gold digging" but, moreso, that a woman is happy to get it over with and put things behind her rather than being dragged through the painful ordeal of having to be judged and doubted. I mean, look what's happening here, in this thread. So imagine having to live that daily.

I don't think that's true and believe it's more likely that settlements are offered/reached. And that isn't due to "gold digging" but, moreso, that a woman is happy to get it over with and put things behind her rather than being dragged through the painful ordeal of having to be judged and doubted. I mean, look what's happening here, in this thread. So imagine having to live that daily.

I don't disagree that more often than not settlements are reached behind the scenes and it's displayed as the girl "dropping" the case. But you can't deny that in some cases the high profiled celebrity agrees to a settlement because they know the pay off is minuscule compared to what kind of damage the allegations will cause, whether they're true allegations or not. Is this girl telling the truth? Who knows. My only point's been to not slander someone's name in regards to them being a rapist when nothing has been confirmed or denied. She reportedly has bite marks from Kane, which should be pretty easy testing to prove whether they match his teeth or not.

Archived