The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Town of Salem

Intoewsables

I'd be up for something like that but with fewer roles so we had a few regular TP could be interesting, like MR's championship game.

It's strange - I think most veteran players here love the more vanilla-ish games, yet the games with role madness tend to be the longest, most intense, and most memorable.

I like this format too, although I found it really tough as Mafia. And I like the championships format too, but it takes a small group of dedicated and active players to really make it work.

Oh, and I really want to Host a game or three too, but the deadlines would have to change a bit. I could do 10:00 deadlines Sunday-Thursday, but Friday and Saturday deadlines would have to be more like 11:30 or 12:00. (Because I have to be up at 6 am my time anyway, but on weekends there's no way I wake up that early for you guys.)

Perhaps tentatively add me to the GM list, after everyone else?

Yeah, this format tends to work well in Town of Salem but I think it's because the town is so stupid. With any sort of competent town, it becomes a process of elimination pretty quickly. I was hoping adding another mafia role (Consigliere) would help balance that a bit, but the mafia still ended up in a crappy position near the end. One thing I did forget to include was the Random Town role, which would've helped the mafia blend in a lot easier. Maybe throwing in a couple regular TPs is the answer but I feel like they'd lose interest knowing that everyone else has a role. Idk.

Regardless, thanks to everyone for playing. Like Heffy, I think I'm going to have to sit out the next few games as well. This "real life" thing really gets in the way of my mafia time ffs.

I played a similar format game one time on another site a few years ago. The TP decided right up front to mass role claim. Then we started whittling down the pairings. What screwed it up for the TP was that the Mafia were allowed a single conversion in the first round. So the TP knew who three of the Mafia were by PoE, but couldn't find the converted fourth member, as it was someone who had already been assigned a separate role.

(I was the player to push for the mass role claim at first, and then get converted.)

But I don't know if that would work again as well as it did.

Thanks for the game, Toews. It was a tough one for us Mafia. Once BW claimed we were basically screwed, as it forced everyone to claim and then we were all outed. But I like to think I had everyone going there for awhile. :P

So no TP faction whatsoever? What would be the point of the game? Everyone would just know everyone else was Mafia.

Kind of like that game where Apples was the only TP?

It took everyone a while to figure that out though since Dral never told us much about factions.

It was a really fun game, but only had like 10 pages in the thread because everyone was trying to hide and no one was solving the game.

Thanks for the game, Toews. It was a tough one for us Mafia. Once BW claimed we were basically screwed, as it forced everyone to claim and then we were all outed. But I like to think I had everyone going there for awhile. :P

So no TP faction whatsoever? What would be the point of the game? Everyone would just know everyone else was Mafia.

no 3 different mafias/factions

1/3 of the players in each faction (+2 non-faction players)

although there wouldn't be any point in posting in the actual thread hmm, there has to be a way to make this work though...

Yeah, this format tends to work well in Town of Salem but I think it's because the town is so stupid. With any sort of competent town, it becomes a process of elimination pretty quickly. I was hoping adding another mafia role (Consigliere) would help balance that a bit, but the mafia still ended up in a crappy position near the end. One thing I did forget to include was the Random Town role, which would've helped the mafia blend in a lot easier. Maybe throwing in a couple regular TPs is the answer but I feel like they'd lose interest knowing that everyone else has a role. Idk.

Regardless, thanks to everyone for playing. Like Heffy, I think I'm going to have to sit out the next few games as well. This "real life" thing really gets in the way of my mafia time ffs.

I find normal tps lose interest when you are able to pm. Everything is always going on in the background. More no pm games.

Would it be possible to make a game with 3 mafias instead of 1 mafia and 1 TP faction?

Apples was the SK and claimed claimed VIG... everyone else was in 1 of 3 mafia groups... it was pretty hilarious as most of the thread was Apples saying "Why haven't specials contacted me yet?"

And yeah, the thread wasn't long, but most of the mafia teams had longer PMs... I think most people liked that game, it was definitely fun to host

Archived