The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anti-Gay Kentucky County Clerk Jailed for Refusing to Issue Marriage Licences

TOMapleLaughs

Well 3 different men but 4 marriages, she came back to her 2nd after separating from her 3rd who she had children with 5 mos after separating from 2nd, so that means the children with the 3rd were conceived while she was married to 2nd.

Mute point because she found Jesus after all that bull %^&*... The devil had control of her life until 4 years ago when she found god.

How the flying fark do you know all that lol.

How the flying fark do you know all that lol.

lol, I read it on NBC.com while at work yesterday, pretty sure I got it right, even confused my self after reading my own post. haha

Edit here's the link

After reading the article again I think I was a bit off, but what ever, you get the point...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/clerk-who-denied-gay-marriage-licenses-has-been-divorced-multiple-n420216

"She was first married in 1984, when she was 18, and divorced a decade later, court records show. Five months after the marriage dissolved, she gave birth to twins by another man.

In 1996, she married again, and her new husband adopted the twins. They divorced in 2006.

The following year, she married the father of her twins. That third marriage lasted less than a year.

In 2009, Davis remarried her second husband, Joe Davis. They remain wed."

So she is in jail for contempt of court but has not been fired from her job as a clerk. Is she still getting paid?

3 scenarios:

1) She decides to give in and start giving out marriage licences as per state guidelines and she gets released from jail and goes back to work and everything goes back to normal

2) She refuses to give in and stays in jail the rest of her life, highly unlikely

3) She refuses to give in and the court doesnt want the story hanging around as the days add up so they eventually quietly let her go with the loss of her job.

Bonus scenario: her forehead becomes sentient and goes on a multi state mass murder spree because God told it to.

While she doesn't represent a lot of Kentuckians, it's still incredibly embarrassing that this whole fiasco is still going on. She was arrested for contempt yesterday which is a major step in the the right direction.

One of the other clerks has a Twitter account (@nexttokimdavis) which is hilarious, but I can't repost most of the stuff they're tweeting on here because it's not exactly PG rated.

My guess is she has widespread support in what is probably a dry county.

edit. it's actually only a partly dry county, one can buy packaged alcohol in a place called Morehead, which, I can only assume is named after her forehead.

Jeezus that thing's big

Thats a 5head

lol, I read it on NBC.com while at work yesterday, pretty sure I got it right, even confused my self after reading my own post. haha

Edit here's the link

After reading the article again I think I was a bit off, but what ever, you get the point...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/clerk-who-denied-gay-marriage-licenses-has-been-divorced-multiple-n420216

"She was first married in 1984, when she was 18, and divorced a decade later, court records show. Five months after the marriage dissolved, she gave birth to twins by another man.

In 1996, she married again, and her new husband adopted the twins. They divorced in 2006.

The following year, she married the father of her twins. That third marriage lasted less than a year.

In 2009, Davis remarried her second husband, Joe Davis. They remain wed."

Seems to me her Lord said something about throwing stones.

Does her conviction inlcude obeying scriptures? I think so. Seems to me there's also something about obeying governing authorities tucked in there somewhere like maybe romans 13 just of the top of my head.

Wow it's been a long time but it's still up there...

Does her conviction inlcude obeying scriptures? I think so. Seems to me there's also something about obeying governing authorities tucked in there somewhere like maybe romans 13 just of the top of my head.

Follow and respect the gov't and their laws, but if something contradicts with God's law, God's law comes out on top...

Regardless, of scripture, she made her choice. Now she pays the price for that choice.

Ultimately, she (probably) believes there is one judge, whom all shall answer to.

So she is in jail for contempt of court but has not been fired from her job as a clerk. Is she still getting paid?

She cannot be "fired" because she is an elected official. Impeachment would be the only way to remove her, which is highly unlikely.

She doesn't get to make up her own law based on religious beliefs. And it's not like anyone is forcing anything on her, no one is forcing her to marry a woman. She's just mad because she's losing her "right" to impose her own values on others.

Religious freedom is overrated. I look forward to the day when irrational beliefs are no longer held on a pedestal just because they are taught by some ancient belief system. Let people practice but please keep it out of the public sector at all costs.

Follow and respect the gov't and their laws, but if something contradicts with God's law, God's law comes out on top...

In that case she'll be in jail for a loooooooooooong time. But seriously I believe the only law is to love yourself and your neighbor. People need to ditch their archaic superstitious belief systems and upgrade.

If your job is going to make you do something against your convictions, get another job!

If she really has nothing against marrying homosexuals and just doesn't want to be involved in the process, then move aside and let someone else take over who can provide the service the law allows them.

Many years ago I applied to be a Customs officer. Passed the test with flying colours (I think something like 2/3 fail it), and was close to an interview when it became official that the officers were going to be armed. Carrying a gun was against my convictions, so I withdrew. Seems like a simple equation.

There's a difference between throwing stones and following convictions - at least, in her case.

Her "convictions" do not supersede the laws of the land. What if her "convictions" told her that mixed race marriages were offensive as well?

The point is, everyone has their beliefs. Religious zealots and racists. Just because one's bigotry is based on the teachings of a book that many people believe in, doesn't make it any more valid than the other's. In both cases, their beliefs run counter to what the law dictates and the legal system, not the bible, is the final arbiter.

...and in a development that should surprise no-one, Presidential hopefuls Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee have come out in support of Kim Davis, in what they call "a battle for religious liberty". :rolleyes:

In a letter addressed to Barrack Obama, Attorney General Loretta Lynch and the judge who ruled on the case, David Bunning, Huckabee says "Exercising religious liberty should never be a crime in America. This is a direct attack on our God-given, constitutional rights".

Aside from the fact that the US constitution certainly is not "God-given", Huckabee (and Cruz) seem to be of the opinion that their so-called "religious liberty" is more important than the liberty for same sex couples to be married, a liberty granted by the courts.

I don't have a vote in the USA, but if I did, I'd be leery of supporting anyone who feels his own personal views are more important than the laws of the land.

...and in a development that should surprise no-one, Presidential hopefuls Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee have come out in support of Kim Davis, in what they call "a battle for religious liberty". :rolleyes:

In a letter addressed to Barrack Obama, Attorney General Loretta Lynch and the judge who ruled on the case, David Bunning, Huckabee says "Exercising religious liberty should never be a crime in America. This is a direct attack on our God-given, constitutional rights".

Aside from the fact that the US constitution certainly is not "God-given", Huckabee (and Cruz) seem to be of the opinion that their so-called "religious liberty" is more important than the liberty for same sex couples to be married, a liberty granted by the courts.

I don't have a vote in the USA, but if I did, I'd be leery of supporting anyone who feels his own personal views are more important than the laws of the land.

Carson is just as bad. In a recent CNN interview he fumbled the question of whether the Constitution takes precedence over the Bible as the law. He said it was a "tough question he couldn't answer." He also asserts evolution can't be true because humans didn't come from monkeys. I can't say if he's pandering his moronic voter base or if he, a neurosurgeon, is really this much of an imbecile. Running second only to Trump though - it's certainly alarming.

And if Huckabee were president, (Cruz too), he would be a fascist. He's already demonstrated the Constitution and federal law means absolutely nothing to him. If Huck ever becomes president, will the next Lee Harvey Oswald please step forward.

Archived