The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

13 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So....avoid it?

12 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

It’s a SPAC so the value will be heavy on who their target is. 

It's actually got a pretty good team compared to most.

Former CEO of Groupon and all his boys. 1 of them was the former head of marketing for Amazon as lead for the Kindle launch. I will look in 52 days to purchase warrants.

On 12/29/2020 at 1:04 PM, AriGold2.0 said:

BREZW warrants, under $1... Cheappppppp.... 

On 12/29/2020 at 1:05 PM, Warhippy said:

explain the draw please.  Whats their story

That's the draw.. 15,000 warrants bought @ $0.86 2 days ago. Just sold at $1.01 for a quick $2200

It may go higher but onto the next one..

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Is it too late for BFT at $15.31?

My real opinion, this is the best opp you may get. End of year sell off are a perfect dip time. Only put half of your total in, be prepared to average down.

I just grabbed 1000 shares of GHIV as well. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

That's the draw.. 15,000 warrants bought @ $0.86 2 days ago. Just sold at $1.01 for a quick $2200

It may go higher but onto the next one..

I jumped in at $0.92 a share.  Bought a few hundred.  Have to be careful after the home purchase on any potential allowable losses but seems like a smooth ride for a 30% return.

These are the kinds of things I don't mind risking because SPACs are all the rage right now and anything under $1 can present you that 30% without much risk because...well, people are creatures of a mob mentality and now that everyone is jumping on the SPAC bandwagon it seems everything will present that return just because it's new and low cost and money money money

DraftKings is at the top of my watch list right now. I think we can all agree it will be a future monster (already is) but they have had a rough few weeks. Trying to see if they have any catalysts coming up. NBA didn’t move the needle and NHL is around 1 percent of their income so that’s not it.

Anybody ?

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Predictions for Q1 2021

TTCF $23 -> $35

IPOC - $16 -> $20+ (could be way higher given the news of all their partnerships coming out)

DKNG $47 -> $60+

SESN $1.3 -> $2+

STPK $20 -> $40

Ohh this is fun... Let’s say we pick 5 and where they settle end of day on March 31, 2021

48 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

DraftKings is at the top of my watch list right now. I think we can all agree it will be a future monster (already is) but they have had a rough few weeks. Trying to see if they have any catalysts coming up. NBA didn’t move the needle and NHL is around 1 percent of their income so that’s not it.

Anybody ?

NBA is on a condensed schedule and the league loves their load management. Means that it is not always clear when star players will actually be dressed. Makes placing bets a little more risky unless you're really in the know about when starters are going to be rested, etc. There are no real crowds from what I understand, so home advantage is difficult to judge and I'm not sure how bookies factor this into their lines. 

Feb 7 = Superbowl. An extra Sunday between playoff games means that everyone should have a good understanding of the lineup. Fewer people not at bars might mean more people home, bored on their phones, placing stupid bets for some type of endorphin rush that they are missing from being in bars

One month after Superbowl is March Madness, which is probably the biggest betting event of the year. Last year, in some jurisdictions, 3x the bets were placed on March Madness games compared to the Superbowl. 

In the US, who knows what people might do with their stimulus cheques...

On 12/31/2020 at 1:16 PM, AriGold2.0 said:

Ohh this is fun... Let’s say we pick 5 and where they settle end of day on March 31, 2021

I'll play along (EDIT: for anyone new to the thread, I'm brand new to this. There are a few on here whose opinion I value... I don't really value my own opinion and so neither should you):

BITF: $2.50 -> $5.00

ENPH: $175.47 -> $210.00

PCRFY: $11.71 -> $15.00

GLNCY: £233-> £250

EBIX: $37.97-> $49.00

Rationale:

BITF: Mines various cryptocurrencies. Provides computing power to Bitcoin networks. 

ENPH: Energy solutions that may benefit from Biden

PCRFY(Panasonic): Makes batteries for TSLA

GLNCY: Supplies copper to TSLA

EBIX: provides on-demand software and e-commerce services and solutions to insurance, financial, healthcare, and e-learning industries. Cathie Wood talked about new e-learning companies and this one might be on its way. Same with potentially telehealth.

Edited by Down by the River

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

NBA is on a condensed schedule and the league loves their load management. Means that it is not always clear when star players will actually be dressed. Makes placing bets a little more risky unless you're really in the know about when starters are going to be rested, etc. There are no real crowds from what I understand, so home advantage is difficult to judge and I'm not sure how bookies factor this into their lines. 

Feb 7 = Superbowl. An extra Sunday between playoff games means that everyone should have a good understanding of the lineup. Fewer people not at bars might mean more people home, bored on their phones, placing stupid bets for some type of endorphin rush that they are missing from being in bars

One month after Superbowl is March Madness, which is probably the biggest betting event of the year. Last year, in some jurisdictions, 3x the bets were placed on March Madness games compared to the Superbowl. 

In the US, who knows what people might do with their stimulus cheques...

• Haha 2

March 31st 2021 Predictions

BFT - $31.47

DKNG - $57.23

PSTH - $47.00

AMZN - $4000.00

CRM - $297

BFT - That should be right around merger date and it will just rip...

DKNG - So much uncertainty but the next earnings call should be the biggest in company history.

PSTH - Everybody is waiting to see who Bill Ackman has teamed up with, should be an instant double up.

AMZN - Christmas + Earnings = HULK

CRM - Overreaction to the price paid for Slack, next earnings should be fire. 

18 hours ago, inane said:

Well, 2020 was my first ever year investing after selling a property a year ago Jan 2nd. I didn't know what I was doing, took a few baths along the way, but thanks to those here, and a few others online--I'm pretty freaking stoked about this!

image.thumb.png.597253c357f2c0927cae0a44dd1d44b0.png

When I invested in late Feb and watched the market tank like that, I kinda peed a little, but glad I held on!

Best long term hold: TTD at 164% (2nd biggest position), SHOP at 155% (largest position), SQ at 153% (3rd largest position), PBW and WELL.ca at 150% each and HPQ at 150% (smaller position).

Best short term plays: NKLA at 275% (thanks to you guys!!)

Worst long term hold: BNS at -6% (5th largest position) and BAM.A (8th largest) 'Safe stocks' ya right!

Worst short term play: GNUS at -75% and MARK at -70% (luckily smallish positions) :)

Into 2021--looking forward to learning more from you guys and getting into warrants!

*slowcap*

Well bloody done bud.

Edited by Warhippy

There is no way I could possibly predict where x stock will be in 3 months. What I do know is that I feel very fortunate to have paid for my MSc degree tuition with the weed boom and now have a head start on the EV boom. In the last 9 months, we all could have thrown $h!T at a wall to pick stocks and made money. It has been a nice bull run that we have all enjoyed. But I don't have the skill set, knowledge, or expertise to beat the market in a 'normal' year, year over year, over time (ie. decades). I'm not in the 90th percentile in that regard. I'm a science guy. My plan has been to take advantage of the opportunities that this year has provided but moving forward I am blue chips, asset allocation and index fund style investments.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1