The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

Market is acting a little weird lately. Companies that report and disappoint get beat to death with little to no reprieve. Usually there's at least a dead cat bounce in there but that doesn't seem to be happening lately. It's odd market behavior.

Some examples. FSLY drops from 130ish to 84ish on earnings and outlook. Then trades red for another 12 consecutive days down to $62.

INTC drops from $54 to $49 on earnings. Then bleeds with no real bounce to sub $44.

SAP drops from $150 to $120. Then bleeds in a straight line to $105.

The selling looks entirely algorithmic so that would indicate hedge funds and institutions are selling. Not quite sure what to make of this but it would make me a little weary to pick up bargains.

fsly.jpg

intc.jpg

sap.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Market is acting a little weird lately. Companies that report and disappoint get beat to death with little to no reprieve. Usually there's at least a dead cat bounce in there but that doesn't seem to be happening lately. It's odd market behavior.

Some examples. FSLY drops from 130ish to 84ish on earnings and outlook. Then trades red for another 12 consecutive days down to $62.

INTC drops from $54 to $49 on earnings. Then bleeds with no real bounce to sub $44.

SAP drops from $150 to $120. Then bleeds in a straight line to $105.

The selling looks entirely algorithmic so that would indicate hedge funds and institutions are selling. Not quite sure what to make of this but it would make me a little weary to pick up bargains.

fsly.jpg

intc.jpg

sap.jpg

Intel is losing the fight vs AMD and Nvidia.. They are getting hammered but maybe a little bit disproportionately. That chart looks dreadful. SAP is nearing March lows as well.

This is going to be a very interesting week.. there is some big red to come imo. I think major players are also protecting profits going into the uncertainty of what this election is going to hold + the rising virus cases.

27 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Intel is losing the fight vs AMD and Nvidia.. They are getting hammered but maybe a little bit disproportionately. That chart looks dreadful. SAP is nearing March lows as well.

This is going to be a very interesting week.. there is some big red to come imo. I think major players are also protecting profits going into the uncertainty of what this election is going to hold + the rising virus cases.

AMD hasn't been doing to well either ever since the Xlinix deal.

16 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Good bye baseball! (Very good food company)

yeah its sky rocketing right now but i think it may be too fast. I still think its a good company for long term. Even just getting a few hundred long term, with all the stuff the growth happening, i think theres money to be made. Like you said, profit is profit right? Im waiting for a drop and planning to buy a few more to just play around and sell on really high jumps

1 minute ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Never expected this day on election day.

Made an entry into IPOB and WKHS

Me neither. 

Im now hoping for a very contested and ugly election because I missed on some dirt cheap entries on Friday thinking this week would be worse and now I regret it lol. 

China suspends $34.5B Ant Group IPO in shocking move

Tue 3 Nov 2020 14:03:29 GMT

What is going on here?

Ant Group's $34.5B IPO would have been a world record but it was suspended in Shanghai and Hong Kong today.

Top executives were summoned on Monday and that meeting was cited as a reason to halt the IPO, which reportedly had at least $3 trillion in orders.

"Your company has also reported significant issues such as the changes in financial technology regulatory environment. These issues may result in your company not meeting the conditions for listing or meeting the information disclosure requirements," a statement from the Shanghai Exchange said.

The market has not taken kindly to this news. Alibaba Group owns about a third of Ant and it fell 8% in US premarket trading.

Company controller Jack Ma recent criticized domestic and global regulators for stifling innovation in financial services.

35 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

China suspends $34.5B Ant Group IPO in shocking move

Tue 3 Nov 2020 14:03:29 GMT

What is going on here?

Ant Group's $34.5B IPO would have been a world record but it was suspended in Shanghai and Hong Kong today.

Top executives were summoned on Monday and that meeting was cited as a reason to halt the IPO, which reportedly had at least $3 trillion in orders.

"Your company has also reported significant issues such as the changes in financial technology regulatory environment. These issues may result in your company not meeting the conditions for listing or meeting the information disclosure requirements," a statement from the Shanghai Exchange said.

The market has not taken kindly to this news. Alibaba Group owns about a third of Ant and it fell 8% in US premarket trading.

Company controller Jack Ma recent criticized domestic and global regulators for stifling innovation in financial services.

So CCP nixed it? That IPO was highly anticipated.. I'm not very familiar with Ma's criticism.