The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Man oh man... Is it weird to be disappointed I’m only up $375 this morning when if I held any of the other stocks I like I would be up around $2000.. Dammit...

RIP to zoom holders, wow...

Lol little overreation to the vaccine announcement I think but I still think lots of companies are going to be staying heavy on zoom for years to come and reduce their office space. I don't like how Plizer sat on the announcement during the election, seems slimy but I guess they had their reasons. 

All my premarket is in the green post election but all minimal percentages.  But hopefully it holds up for a while :P I like green much better than red haha

Edited by Russ

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Lol little overreation to the vaccine announcement I think but I still think lots of companies are going to be staying heavy on zoom for years to come and reduce their office space. I don't like how Plizer sat on the announcement during the election, seems slimy but I guess they had their reasons. 

All my premarket is in the green post election but all minimal percentages.  But hopefully it holds up for a while :P I like green much better than red haha

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-europe-54b77dd8c1a84a3e2a3a8d11dc2a0646

They called it in Mid-Oct prior to the election news that mid-Nov they would announce it. Techniclly 1 day early from their Nov 10-20 projection.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Check out their Careers Page...

https://www.chargepoint.com/en-ca/about/opportunities/

I LOVE companies that are hiring this many people... They have 750 employees and are currently hiring 50+

Very promising indeed. A lot of engineers and project manager positions for california which is nice to see. Even a few European positions to shore up their current operations there. That's what I like about them, they are already doing it in Europe so they have some 'know how'

23 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

This is true but it isn't their responsibility to maintain pensions at the detriment of the long term financial health of the company. Given the times, I think a dividend cut was not only expected but also reasonable. Even after the dividend cut they are paying out over 5% which is nothing to sneeze at. Plus they are still generating cash and not borrowing to pay their dividend ala Exxon.

I am not defending the PO % just discussing the external influences on the managements of these companies. Yes the dividends have to reflect profitability. I see Buffet has bought $18 billion of BRK stock in the past year.

5 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

SBE/Chargepoint probably has the best chance out of the stocks I am holding. Maybe Palantir as well.

Is that who chargepoint went under? I was waiting to see them become public to put some money down, I have one of their chargers and find it good 

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Any other NIO holders here? I've doubled and am thinking of selling half today and riding out on house money.

Yea! Only had 1k worth around $17 but still happy with results so far