The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

So CCP nixed it? That IPO was highly anticipated.. I'm not very familiar with Ma's criticism.

Regulators nixed it. Though technically I guess that is the CCP. Apparently there was an issue was some undisclosed derivatives. Bit of a clusterfrack. 3 trillion in orders is kind of a big thing. BABA is getting smoked pretty good as a result.

Haven't seen a screw up like this since the BATS IPO years ago. BATS was minutes away from completing their IPO. Then was delayed 10 minutes for technical issues. Then delayed 30 minutes. Then an hour. Then they said they'll do it tomorrow. They never did, and BATS is a private company to this day. Never seen anything that weird and there never was a good explanation.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:20 AM, filthycanuck said:

I mentioned a month or 2 ago I was heavy on Very.Cn (Very good food), I have 75% return so far, really nice company, canadian version of Beyond Meat. Its about $2.50 right now and a lot of stuff coming down the pipeline, just started eastern canada distribution, vancouver and california factories are coming online mid-late 2021 to meet the insane demand.

You uh...got any more of these very.cn type of picks? :bigblush:

10 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Never expected this day on election day.

Made an entry into IPOB and WKHS

I have had my eye on WKHS for quite a while, but they really hinge on that postal contract.  Been looking to dump APPL for something that wont completely depress me constantly. REally wishing I didn't dump my NIO a couple months ago though, that was a dumb move

11 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Futures are ripping. Trump win pricing in now all over the world. 

This was also incorrect as Biden is now the -300 odds favourite to win. 

Nothing makes sense. No election night winner but markets still ripped and uvxy tanked. 

Just gonna observe from the sides for a bit

10 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

This was also incorrect as Biden is now the -300 odds favourite to win. 

Nothing makes sense. No election night winner but markets still ripped and uvxy tanked. 

Just gonna observe from the sides for a bit

You wonder what happens when trump makes a mess out of this.. do the markets react or just not care?

17 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

You wonder what happens when trump makes a mess out of this.. do the markets react or just not care?

My assumption they wouldn't care. A Biden win is already priced in.

------------------------------

I very much like Draftkings below $40 for a 2 week ride.. 

They just signed Bryson Dechambeau one of the best golfers in the world to a multi-year deal. He will be wearing DK gear at the masters next weekend.

Add in that DKs earnings are Friday Nov 13th and they should just SMASH earnings with people at home and not at games. Online gambling has been huge the past 6 months.

My personal PT is $50+ by the end of NOV.

image.png.0267fd7b5193d2e660774adf65f5c77c.png

https://www.investors.com/news/gambling-stocks-sports-betting-state-ballot-measures/

Add in that several states just this week approved online gambling.. Colorado, Nebraska, Louisiana and South Dakota.

Edited by AriGold2.0
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

My assumption they wouldn't care. A Biden win is already priced in.

------------------------------

I very much like Draftkings below $40 for a 2 week ride.. 

They just signed Bryson Dechambeau one of the best golfers in the world to a multi-year deal. He will be wearing DK gear at the masters next weekend.

Add in that DKs earnings are Friday Nov 13th and they should just SMASH earnings with people at home and not at games. Online gambling has been huge the past 6 months.

My personal PT is $50+ by the end of NOV.

image.png.0267fd7b5193d2e660774adf65f5c77c.png

https://www.investors.com/news/gambling-stocks-sports-betting-state-ballot-measures/

Add in that several states just this week approved online gambling.. Colorado, Nebraska, Louisiana and South Dakota.

I bought back in on Monday.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I think markets don’t care anymore. The big shake out looks to have been Friday morning. I’m kicking myself for not buying things like Lulu at 308 or BA in the 140s

Just now, DonLever said:

I think the market went up not because Biden/Trump Won/Lost but that the Republicans retained control of the Senate.  By retaining control of the Senate the Republicans will block Biden's Agenda of increased taxes.

You do realize wall street prefer Biden right. It is not always taxes that drives the market.

6 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I think markets don’t care anymore. The big shake out looks to have been Friday morning. I’m kicking myself for not buying things like Lulu at 308 or BA in the 140s

Yeah. Unless we see mass protest, the market don't care. They are banking on stimulus coming in no matter who wins.