The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

8 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Nope, guess it just dipped for like a ms.

Either that or stop orders do not execute in after hours and pre market. So if it gaps 100 bucks you eat all 100 points. In your case no big deal. In everyone else's it represents a problem.

Edited by nuckin_futz

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Either that or stop orders do not execute in after hours and pre market. So if it gaps 100 bucks you eat all 100 points. In your case no big deal. In everyone else's it represent a problem.

have found if using banking apps to trade in canada you don't get the post or pre market price just open/close

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Either that or stop orders do not execute in after hours and pre market. So if it gaps 100 bucks you eat all 100 points. In your case no big deal. In everyone else's it represent a problem.

Plenty of apparent fools on FB jumping in at this record high because others in the comment sections have convinced them to do so

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

have found if using banking apps to trade in canada you don't get the post or pre market price just open/close

If you have a stop at $300 and your stock closes at $310 then gaps down to $250 no one is giving you $300 or whatever the close was. You get $250.

Perhaps you're confusing an MOC (market on close) order with a stop order?

Edited by nuckin_futz

27 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

If you have a stop at $300 and your stock closes at $310 then gaps down to $250 no one is giving you $300 or whatever the close was. You get $250.

Perhaps you're confusing an MOC (market on close) order with a stop order?

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

No stop losses in after hours, limits only

i think this is what i was trying to say

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Chamath's argument that Reddit investors are sophisticated was hilarious. They are some of the biggest degenerate gamblers you'll ever see. A couple of them figured out you can run shorts out by buying OTM calls and every moron followed. Wait until all their stocks gap down. That will be the end of them.

Yeah I kind of lost Chamath when he started talking about that, but I think the overall sentiment of his comments was revealing of the same, if not, higher levels of idiocy and greed on the other side. At the end, there will probably be a bunch of bag holders on Reddit, but I'll still credit them for sticking it to Wall St. 

Edited by KoreanHockeyFan

26 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

This is absolutely hilarious, I'm rooting for the redditors 

Stick it to wall street 

This ain't going away any time soon, the small guys have power in numbers and the internet facilitates it all 

Discord bans r/Wallstreetbets server due to hate speech.

41 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Discord bans r/Wallstreetbets server due to hate speech.

Reddit's one of the most used sites on the net, so long as the subreddit stays up I wouldn't be surprised to see them adapt 

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Reddit's one of the most used sites on the net, so long as the subreddit stays up I wouldn't be surprised to see them adapt 

The WSB subreddit was just made private due to 'overload'... maybe that's true or maybe that is the guise they are using to justify shutting things down...

Ultimately this whole thing left me with an awfully red day... but I don't think this really matters for me since I'm not day trading. I am happy to see this create a bit of a mess for Citron and others though and will be happy to experience some more days like to day if it hurts some of those hedge funds. 

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

The WSB subreddit was just made private due to 'overload'... maybe that's true or maybe that is the guise they are using to justify shutting things down...

Ultimately this whole thing left me with an awfully red day... but I don't think this really matters for me since I'm not day trading. I am happy to see this create a bit of a mess for Citron and others though and will be happy to experience some more days like to day if it hurts some of those hedge funds. 

Idk if it's shady, I've been seeing news related to what's going on with the sub on Facebook all day so it's probably an act of self-preservation? 

But yeah, let the big ol fatcats bleed