The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

My dream lineup for game one would be:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata (scoring)

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen (youth, scoring)

Burrows-Sutter-Hansen (helluva third)

Prust-McCann-Dorsett (helluva fourth)

Cracknell to switch to 4c eventually with McCann in for Hansen or Virtanen when possible. Higgins LTIR

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Hutton-Sbisa

Bartkowski

Would be great to see 4 actual lines!

Me Like.

I hope we can keep this guy in the fold.

He's good enough to be a bottom pair guy, he just had a poor camp.

Another season in Utica could be just what he needs.

Guy has potential, but was far from a shoe-in on any NHL roster. Some ice time, esp. PP time, could help him sharpen some of his tools.

I don't understand why fans want the youth to move up in the line so fast. That's a recipe for disaster, and can also hamper their development. Virtanen needs to stay on the fourth line, or third tops. McCann is going to struggle early with actual NHL competition. The Sedin's are going to have it rough at first if that's the case. Last year we could roll four lines no problem with help from good contributors. With youth coming in, the downside is that's not a given whatsoever.

if they canèt handle it they wonèt stay there. These surprises will ensure Vancouver stays ahead of Calgary and Edmonton. Because the Canucks still have a really strong first line.

Linden was on TSN 1040 and they pressed him a bit as to why they didn't take advantage of Higgins LTIR and keep Corrado, but he wouldn't really explain the rationale other than that they just chose that path, which was to waive him instead of keeping him. As we all know, the annual blue line injury bug hits, and hits hard. You would think Frankie would be solid insurance in case that happens.

Linden was on TSN 1040 and they pressed him a bit as to why they didn't take advantage of Higgins LTIR and keep Corrado, but he wouldn't really explain the rationale other than that they just chose that path, which was to waive him instead of keeping him. As we all know, the annual blue line injury bug hits, and hits hard. You would think Frankie would be solid insurance in case that happens.

They probably figure that with the waiver wire flood it was worth the risk to send him down because it will be best for his development. We want to gain a reputation of being a good option for any players development, decisions should be made for the player 2nd after the teams best interest. Not a bad thing to go by, also it did say that they waived these players with intention of them playing in Utica. Frankie will likely be their top dman.

#Canucks skating at @UBC this morning.

NEW NUMBERS ALERT: Virtanen is No. 18, Hutton No. 27 & McCann is No. 91.

Perfect for Jake and Jared. I'd rather see Ben in #6 -- has more a ring of permanency for a D-man.

I actually think Vrbata with McCann would be interesting as well. I don't like Vrbata and Baertschi both with Bo. The thing that worked so well with Baer, Bo and Virt is you had two north-south players and a playmaker who did a grea job of putting pucks into soft ice areas for thoe other two to go get.

Yeah, that's only Bo as the digger. Baertschi and Vrbata aren't boards players or effective forecheckers, so that may get changed up.

Perfect for Jake and Jared. I'd rather see Ben in #6 -- has more a ring of permanency for a D-man.

Yeah, that's only Bo as the digger. Baertschi and Vrbata aren't boards players or effective forecheckers, so that may get changed up.

you want hutton and weber to share a jersey?

Archived