The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why on team 1040 is everyone ripping into Canucks Management?

captaincowbasher

aQe1oOk.png

We should have let Corrado prove he can at least do better than Sbisa. Sbisa is a absolute disaster. It's a terrible contract for a player that has the impact of a AHL player.

Colour me completely unsurprised by thst reply. I suggest taking a few years, get out and actually play hockey.

We don't need Corrado... he was a nice asset but is replaceable.

I don't think a lot of people look too far into the future, but this off-season will be Benning and Lindens coming out party. This is their master plan. They are going to sell hard at the deadline regardless of if we're in a playoff spot or not. Hamhuis, Prust, Vrbata, etc are gone. We're going to load up big time on 1st and 2nd rounders, and probably add a few nice prospects as well.

The rebuild starts this year. And in the mean time we've already been stocking our prospect cupboard. This season/off season is going to be extremely interesting.

Colour me completely unsurprised by thst reply. I suggest taking a few years, get out and actually play hockey.

Yeah assuming I don't play hockey because I use stats. Colour me completely unsurpised by this reply. I suggest taking a few years, get out and actually figure out how statistics work.

aQe1oOk.png

We should have let Corrado prove he can at least do better than Sbisa. Sbisa is a absolute disaster. It's a terrible contract for a player that has the impact of a AHL player.

Hey, let's play "What important numbers are missing from the HERO chart?"

I'll give you a hint since you wouldn't have posted one of those silly things if you knew: strength of competition and strength of teammates.

And what about shot blocks? Corsi I fine for a forward, but Corsi vs Fenwick for Chris Tanev is the difference between "pretty good" and "god like". Hmmm, yeah maybe those would be important factors to include when evaluating a dman.

Which is pretty telling. Hutton was lights out from his first shift.

Just because Hutton is a better prospect doesn't mean we should dump Corrado.

That is like dumping McCann because he's not as good as Horvat. Makes no sense.

Isn't that exactly what the media is? A bunch of know it alls trying to get attention?

I mean you can be negative about it and think badly of these people but they are necessary.

They're necessary to get the facts out. Everything else beyond that is not necessary. I'm not saying they can't critique, but the assumptions that they "know how to GM" amuses me. It's easy to think you "know" something and be that backseat driver.

It's not necessary at all for one to try and sound like they know what they're talking about and know more than the actual GM when they really don't.

Hey, let's play "What important numbers are missing from the HERO chart?"

I'll give you a hint since you wouldn't have posted one of those silly things if you knew: strength of competition and strength of teammates.

And what about shot blocks? Corsi I fine for a forward, but Corsi vs Fenwick for Chris Tanev is the difference between "pretty good" and "god like". Hmmm, yeah maybe those would be important factors to include when evaluating a dman.

Here is QoC he was 4th on the team

QoT he played with Bieksa all season who was a good defenseman up till being paired with Sbisa. Bieksa also was good on the PK and our best defenseman last year at getting shots on net. So clearly Bieksa is not a bad defenseman.

Oh Fenwick! good one.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201415&sit=5v5&pos=defense&minutes=500&teamid=29&type=fenwick&sort=A60&sortdir=ASC

They're necessary to get the facts out. Everything else beyond that is not necessary. I'm not saying they can't critique, but the assumptions that they "know how to GM" amuses me. It's easy to think you "know" something and be that backseat driver.

It's not necessary at all for one to try and sound like they know what they're talking about and know more than the actual GM when they really don't.

Yeah, I get that. But there is a difference between saying "I know it all" and saying "this was the wrong move". I get that making decisions is hard, absolutely. But just because making decisions is hard doesn't mean you always get it right. And we can make judgements on a persons performance based on how many right decisions they make and how many wrong decisions they make. We can then compare him to his peers. This is how evaluation IMO should be done.

I don't get these see if Hutton is for real comments

Hutton was a hobey baker finalist and put up insane point totals playing against men in college

He's got the size to be an NHL defenseman and the offensive instincts of a seasoned vet, he's also excellent with his stick checks as the offense enters the zone

The kid isn't going to forget how to play in the next couple of games

I'm not saying he's not going to make mistakes

Edler, Hamhuis, sbisa, bartkowski, Weber, tanev all make mistakes

I don't doubt he's going to be a real good player down the road, and yes, I do think he has more potential than Corrado. But to think he's going to jump in without a hiccup is a bit crazy.

Even Johnny Hockey took 4-6 weeks to figure the NHL out. I have to think that Hutton is going to take at least that much time to figure the NHL regular season out.

Have Corrado around to rotate with him, maybe split time 70/30 (for Hutton) or something for the first 10-12 games. Once you have to take Higgins off IR, maybe there is a market for Corrado. Or, maybe the Canucks need Corrado because they're missing a D.

You also have to remember, Hutton has averaged around 37 games a year for the past three seasons. So far, I believe he's played five preseason games and two rookie games, so he's about 20% of the way into what he's used to.

The only way 1040 stays relevant is if they try and stir up controversy. Like a bad tabloid.

They're more of an "entertainment" station than they are a sports station most of the time.

AGREE and to ADD - they are not even all that entertaining . . . When I was out of Vancouver for a month I didn't listen to Jake and Pratt and I became a way more positive person. I listen to them a bit now that I am back but not much.

I don't doubt he's going to be a real good player down the road, and yes, I do think he has more potential than Corrado. But to think he's going to jump in without a hiccup is a bit crazy.

Even Johnny Hockey took 4-6 weeks to figure the NHL out. I have to think that Hutton is going to take at least that much time to figure the NHL regular season out.

Have Corrado around to rotate with him, maybe split time 70/30 (for Hutton) or something for the first 10-12 games. Once you have to take Higgins off IR, maybe there is a market for Corrado. Or, maybe the Canucks need Corrado because they're missing a D.

You also have to remember, Hutton has averaged around 37 games a year for the past three seasons. So far, I believe he's played five preseason games and two rookie games, so he's about 20% of the way into what he's used to.

Biega

Pedan

Fedun

All played better than Corrado in pre-season. Ive always like Corrado, but he had a rough pre-season. He looked like he was getting better in his last game, but too little, too late. It's unfortunate the Nucks lost him, but they can absorb it. If injuries hit hard, though, it could be tough.

i, for one, am totally on board with what linden and benning are doing. its a process and a business. not everyone will agree with decisions made. when you look at former canucks struggling to even STAY in the NHL it really puts things in perspective for me.

schroeder, booth, raymond, stanton....the list goes on and on. we are high on these guys that are fringe at best. benning and linden have a plan and are clearly "putting their money where their mouths are"...yet still the masses are bitching. lets see how this goes before passing judgement.

go canucks go!

Archived