The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 5 - Flames 1

TheRussianRocket.

haha that was makaveli that did that side by side :P , i was just asking if he was going to be doing extended highlights on the nucks games.

Okay, but I don't care if it was Machiavelli. I'm laughing my ass off. Any making fun of the Flames - in any way - is great stuff, no matter who makes it. Any mention of those Calgarians makes my fur crawl!

He stays in Nashville, and Hutton becomes our elite number one guy that we've never had. If that's His value, I can't believe Some fans thought Leon Drisatl was worth him, or Druin? Crazy value, but he's a superstar #1 D I guess?

Jones is one heck of a defenseman in the making. In a few years, he'll be dominant.

At tgis point, I think Vrbata is better off moved for a young dman than a pick.

I was kindof figuring that Benning would use some forward depth to grab a nearly-ready young D prospect to push things along, but Hutton has basically appeared out of nowhere to fill that gap. Still, I could see him look to get another, especially if moving Hamhuis or Edler is at all in the plans later this season.

Going to be a lot of auditions this year, both by those on one-year deals as well as call-ups from Utica.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I feel it has to be. Did anyone catch Daniel's first chance that Ramo saved with the blocker? If you watch it closely, you not only see a sick saucer pass from Hank, but you realized that Daniel let a slick snapshot go...from mid-air...

*mind blown*

After all these years of the Sedinery, my mind is already in pieces.

With Bartkowski and Hutton in the lineup, I think it is high time that we shelf the dreaded drop-pass. I cringe every time Edler does it. I swear there was one play last night where Bart took the puck up ice and went deep into Calgary's zone - solo - because the four other skaters had stopped at the blueline waiting for the drop pass before entry.

The drop pass is only used on PP to create separation for zone entry. Edler rushes the puck and pushes the defense back and usually Henrik comes from behind and carries the puck into the zone with that much more space available since the defense backed off.

Good game by Vancouver bad game by Calgary. Exciting to see some of the young guys contribute right away. Let's see how many of them can swim with the sharks long term.

Over the summer my 2nd biggest beef with Benning was the Kassian trade. Knowing now how bad it was behind the scenes I have to say I was dead wrong on that issue. Good luck to Prust and especially good luck to Kassian. Kassian what a #(^&(!ing waste of talent, get your life together man you're still young.

Now time to hopefully spank Calgary again on Saturday. #_(&* Yeah hockey is back!

I guess for what he's worth he's dominant already. I wonder if Stevie Y cost his team a Cup by taking Druin instead of Jones?

I wouldn't say so yet. Drouin has shown great playmaking skills and if his goal scoring ever catches up, he'll be at a 1st line level or a premium 2nd line level.

I wouldn't say so yet. Drouin has shown great playmaking skills and if his goal scoring ever catches up, he'll be at a 1st line level or a premium 2nd line level.

I don't doubt the guy has skill, but he appears clueless about play off the puck - all over the ice. He's like a Matt Duchene clone. He will put up points, but in the long run he hurts the team too much on the d side of the game. But I would still love to have him on our team!

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 14h14 hours ago

Flames Hartley liked team's first 10 minutes then said #Canucks kicked their butts.

reminds me of a boxing match. When one fighter thought he would win, and all of a sudden he was fighting a much improved fighter. Anyways I am sure the last time we we re in Calgary we had a big lead but couldn t hold on to it. Same start better finnish.

Calgary got served tonight.

They were not prepared - poorly scouted this team imo.

Forecheck failure for the most part. They underestimated the Canuck exits - which were clean and consistent.

They were not only too aggressive presuming the effectiveness of their puck pressure, but their 3rd man and blueline were also exposed - got caught so many times, so many odd man rushes.

Mobility upgrades that Bartkowski and Hutton represent was obvious - as was Sutter's, McCann's and the lineup as a whole. But not only the mobility was obvious - so was the forward puck support, and the confidence of the team as a whole in moving the puck, particularly in their own end.

Johnson got punked. Tried to troll this team hard early in the game, pretending to know better than utilizing Sutter on the wing, attempting to belittle Prust, Crack, Dorsett, suggesting they won't be worthy of rolling four lines.

Loved the combination of putting Burrows and Hansen on McCann's wings. Deadly third line potential there.

Tank nation awfully quiet tonight.

Henrick and Daniel we re sent the other way ,more in one game than all of last year. I put money on 85 plus point years. I think they we re surprised at a couple 2 on 1s. They missed Salo and Erhoff.

Henrick and Daniel we re sent the other way ,more in one game than all of last year. I put money on 85 plus point years. I think they we re surprised at a couple 2 on 1s. They missed Salo and Erhoff.

They completely dominated Calgary in the playoffs as well - just didn't have the finish (like on that first one-timer where Henrik was robbed). Their possession numbers though, were nothing short of dominant.

But yes, the odd man rushes were almost surprising - expected better exits and puck movement, but that was impressive.

Archived