The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hit] Couture levels Lucic; Lucic Goes after Couture

Odd.

What Lucic believes does not affect Stewart's reputation in any way whatsoever.

Again, think what you will about Lucic, but please don't disrespect Stewart because of it.

Stewart is a straight-shooter who calls it as he sees it and I for one, appreciate his forthright analysis and comments.

Best result imo, would be to acquire Lucic and rehabilitate him, which may not be possible.

Part of that rehabilitation would necessarily include adherence to the code and sportsmanship in general.

A return to Vancouver may help with his off-ice problems as well.

A lousy year in LA could help keep his UFA price down, as well as restricting his movement clauses, and Benning should already know what is possible as far as getting Milan to play within proper parameters.

If JB wants him, he is going to have to convince the owners, TL, and others that Lucic can be reined in and taught to play (and fight) (and live his life) with integrity.

Rehabilitate? Are you kidding me? This isn't snowblind Zack Kassian we are talking about.

Lucic can be an asshole but he is also a proven champion with the ring to prove it.

Paul Stewart is a retired ref and enforcer who wrote an inflammatory article where he called an NHL hockey player a gutless puke. I can't really take that has-been seriously when he had to resort to name calling in an article.

Just like me, you have no idea how Benning and Linden would approach the situation. None. Your assumption that they would stage some sort of half assed intervention to reign Lucic's "tendencies" in is both laughable and sad.

You seem to forget that if your sainted Lucic comes to Vancouver, he won't get the benefit of the doubt or 'tsk tsk, naughty boy, slap on the wrist' or 'blind eye' he gets now and when he played in Boston. He inherits the 'no latitude given' attitude the Canucks team has always received. His antics would never be tolerated by the DoPS as it was previously. After all, he'd have an Orca on his chest now.

So your going to counter the argument with complete speculation? The league plays favorites based on salary and star power, not on the team. Pittsburgh was the most penalized team in the league last year.

Did Crosby's presence stop that from happening? No.

A couple of posts by viking mama and everyone is in conspiracy theory mode.

Can you young ones let us old timers in on the acronyms? I figured out LMFAO. Can you expand ROFL so I can LMFAO again? Thanks, because this cat fight is great entertainment:)

Rolling On Floor Laughing. It's no cat fight...... that would require two felines.... damned auto filters.

The only thing this illustrates to me is Lucic is being targeted because he's more imposing than 90% of other NHL players. Naturally David wants to take on Goliath.

Is Lucic guilty of being hot headed and short tempered? Sure, but half of those top 10 hits were dirty and unwarranted.

At this point in time, what you see with Lucic is what you get, he's old enough now that if he hasn't managed to wrangle in his temper by now, it's unlikely to begin suddenly by coming to Vancouver (if he does).

That said, I still think the Canucks would be better with Lucic than without, if only due to the fact that he creates such an impact on the game (positive or negative), that opponents are forced to alter their approach to the game.

Love him or hate him, he's a polarizing player had still has upside. I want Lucic on the team, but not at the price tag that Benning is likely to hand to him. He doesn't have many good years left with the rough and tumble game he plays, and I can't help but feel like we'd get 1-2 good years and 2-3 poor years without an ability to move the contract.

There are lots of big nasty players in the league who have an equal chance as Lucic of being targeted. Except that Lucic doesn't have the respect of his peers and the referees as he is known to be a dirty player and a bully.

Rolling On Floor Laughing. It's no cat fight...... that would require two felines.... damned auto filters.

Oh, that's not really as good as LMFAO. I was hoping for better. Thanks though:) maybe next time just make up something really good to keep the older crowd entertained?

You want to make this personal, I'll be happy to discuss it in PMs. Otherwise, it would be best to keep this thread on topic.

Affirmative! Although it's not really personal because neither of us have really shared any personal information.

And we should think about Alflives.

There are lots of big nasty players in the league who have an equal chance as Lucic of being targeted. Except that Lucic doesn't have the respect of his peers and the referees as he is known to be a dirty player and a bully.

Based on?

I wouldn't consider referees a real barometer of class and fair play in the NHL. That would require being competent at their job.

Affirmative! Although it's not really personal because neither of us have really shared any personal information.

And we should think about Alflives.

Thanks:) it's past my bed time though, so you two whipper snappers do your worst, without an audience. Not choosing a winner, but one of you clearly dominated the other.

Is anyone really surprised? He likes to dish it but can't take it. Lucic is such a crybaby........it's hockey, not ice dancing, as another hockey player used to say. Thank the hockey gawds his whiny ass isn't a player on our Canucks team as so many people seemed to want at one time.

I'm about the farthest thing there is from being a Logan Couture fan but that hit was a beaut!! : :D

Lucic hits - FIGHT

Lucic gets hit - FIGHT

I like it. Now let's win a Cup when he signs.

So is everyone who takes a penalty selfish? By your awesome reasoning, it would seem that way.

Yea, you're taking this a little hard but let me help out the situation.

Some of you are treating it like this or that. If he does come here, we will still cheer for the team but it doesn't mean his antics are great.

Archived