The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hit] Couture levels Lucic; Lucic Goes after Couture

Odd.

Well clearly you weren't that big of a fan through all those years if one player is able to sway your support of this team. Especially a transitional player.

You're questioning my loyalty and 'fandom' through 'those' years, (some of them very, very bad years} because I will be (if Lucic is added to the roster) tired and fed up with watching the powers that be shoot themselves in the foot yet again by adding a lose/lose player to the team? :lol:

Transitional player or not, the cost all around will end up being way too high.

Wut?

People are upset that Lucic stood up for himself after a hit?

I wouldn't mind that on the Canucks. Especially from such a big winger.

Plus, Couture nailed him while stepping out of the box. While not illegal, it's not like it was non-opportunist hit either.

Lucic & Sutter is gonna be 2/3 a line next year, and I'm gonna be happy about it.

Willie Mitchell was idolised in Vancouver for wrecking Toews as he stepped out of the box. Toews had the class to say it was a clean hit and the fault was him not keeping his head up. Lucic is the complete opposite a whinning vindictive p.o.s that nobody is scared of anymore. As one poster said welcome to the west we don't put up with your crap, just laugh at you ya mook.

Willie Mitchell was idolised in Vancouver for wrecking Toews as he stepped out of the box. Toews had the class to say it was a clean hit and the fault was him not keeping his head up. Lucic is the complete opposite a whinning vindictive p.o.s that nobody is scared of anymore. As one poster said welcome to the west we don't put up with your crap, just laugh at you ya mook.

Also it was clear that Willie let up. He could have ended Toews' career right then and there.

I don't care personally if Lucic comes here but we gotta stop assuming the dislike is solely from 2011

Lucic feeds plenty of ammo for criticism. Like spearing groins from behind after clean hits. If we do get him, I hope we can get that out of his game.

The only thing this illustrates to me is Lucic is being targeted because he's more imposing than 90% of other NHL players. Naturally David wants to take on Goliath.

Is Lucic guilty of being hot headed and short tempered? Sure, but half of those top 10 hits were dirty and unwarranted.

At this point in time, what you see with Lucic is what you get, he's old enough now that if he hasn't managed to wrangle in his temper by now, it's unlikely to begin suddenly by coming to Vancouver (if he does).

That said, I still think the Canucks would be better with Lucic than without, if only due to the fact that he creates such an impact on the game (positive or negative), that opponents are forced to alter their approach to the game.

Love him or hate him, he's a polarizing player had still has upside. I want Lucic on the team, but not at the price tag that Benning is likely to hand to him. He doesn't have many good years left with the rough and tumble game he plays, and I can't help but feel like we'd get 1-2 good years and 2-3 poor years without an ability to move the contract.

Yes, some of those hits were filthy dirty and he had every right to lose his marbles. He would have to definitely dial it back a bunch if he wanted to play for Van though, otherwise he would see a Raffi Torres like suspension in the first year.

Lol, Mitchell's hit was pretty much at centre ice, Couture's was right out of the box. It was opportunistic hit.

And good for Toews, doesn't mean Lucic shouldn't stand up for himself, nothing wrong with that either. Canucks could use some compete.

Bottom line is Lucic is a selfish player. If someone hits him, he always retaliates and puts his team shorthanded.

Like the old adage says, there is no "I" in team and Lucic seems to want to do his own thing instead of what's best for the team.

Bottom line is Lucic is a selfish player. If someone hits him, he always retaliates and puts his team shorthanded.

Like the old adage says, there is no "I" in team and Lucic seems to want to do his own thing instead of what's best for the team.

Bottom line is Lucic has a cup, been to the SCF another time and puts up big playoff numbers while grinding down the other team. If he has an awful year with L.A. then his cap will be even less.

Plus, he's from Vancouver and wants to bring the cup here.

Bottom line is Lucic has a cup, been to the SCF another time and puts up big playoff numbers while grinding down the other team. If he has an awful year with L.A. then his cap will be even less.

Plus, he's from Vancouver and wants to bring the cup here.

The fact that all of those things are in the past and he's declining rapidly at the age of 27 is the only thing that should be mentioned in regards to Lucic.

The fact that all of those things are in the past and he's declining rapidly at the age of 27 is the only thing that should be mentioned in regards to Lucic.

Because you think he looked slow? What are you, a scout?

You realize that was the first game of the year, right?

Yes those things are all in the past, but they did happen, and do speak to his ability to change a game.

You're speculating regarding Lucic.

So is everyone who takes a penalty selfish? By your awesome reasoning, it would seem that way.

This coming from an NHL referee, who are truly the lowest life forms in the NHL outside of the commissioner.

I'd like to see Stewart say these things to Lucic's face. We'll see who's a gutless puke then.

Stewart was/is the polar opposite of a gutless puke.

Very tough player who upheld "The Code" and a very fair but stern ref who let the bs go and called what needed to be called.

Think what you want about Lucic, but Stewart is one of the best.

Archived