The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hit] Couture levels Lucic; Lucic Goes after Couture

Odd.

I wanna see Lucic fight Byfuglien the Jets have some big boys to go against the Kings 2 of the tallest and heaviest teams in the league.

Can't wait for the Kings game always physical when the Canucks play in L.A. If Lucic takes a run at the Sedins or Burrows wonder if it is Dorsett or Prust who will be forced to chuck knuckles.

I know Lucic was never a good skater to begin with but each year the game is becoming faster. Guys have to be able to skate and keep up to the pace.

Lucic is ok going in a straight line but last year especially in the East he had trouble catching the smaller faster d to get hits in on the fore check.

Then again the Sedins could make him a 20-25 goal scorer again. I wouldn't pay too much for him. Ask him to take a hometown discount if he comes here.

He has to prove he can handle the bigger and tougher western conference though where he is not the only big guy on the ice anymore.

I think much will depend on how his year with L.A. goes and how he handles his life off the ice and if he decides it is best to be close to home over money from another team.

Canucks can't afford to give him too much security he is probably the biggest loose cannon in the league right now with his in game mood swings and questionable antics over the past few years.

LA is going to have to control Lucic's temper, it's a terrible weak point on an otherwise disciplined team. This isn't Boston anymore, his antics will stand out like a sore thumb.

Uh, I dunno.

Doughty seems to be extremely tempermental & pouty. His tantrums in the 2012 play-offs, were off-the-charts legendary. Funny how he seemed to dodge 'unsportsmanlike' penalties & misconducts for 'em back then, too. I mean... F-bombing, stick- tossing, balking at going to the penalty box and then gate-slamming when he got there ...& he wasnt wearin' an 'A' at the time. Not at all like the treatment Daniel Sedin got when 'OHalloran sent him off for 10-minutes for just 10 seconds of truth-speaking in the SC-Final. Henrik got an unsportsmanlike penalty for a lone f-bomb,.... once. Funny how the Sedins get held to their own high standards of behavior.... but players on other teams in their division/conference ...not so much.

They will find ways for Lucic to dodge accountability in LA ,....just like Doughty has,...just like Brown has,...and just like he has previously, as a Bruin in BOS. Heck - the heavily-seeded DPS has already awarded him his 1st free-pass of the season.

Lucic would never be so enabled if he played here in VAN....by either the team or the league. But, LA is in the Chairman's favored-block...so let's wait & see how the rest of this year pans-out for him,.. shall we? You've got my prediction.

Reminds me of the time Hamhuis flipped him with a hipcheck and he started throwing a fit after.

Except that was the play that cost them the Cup. If Hammer plays the rest of that series, there would be a Stanley Cup Banner hanging at Rogers.

Except that was the play that cost them the Cup. If Hammer plays the rest of that series, there would be a Stanley Cup Banner hanging at Rogers.

Rome's blunder is the reason we lost; don't wake the sleeping bear

Lucic also was unhappy with the suggestion Couture made after Wednesday’s game. The Sharks’ forward said rather sarcastically he was unaware certain players in the NHL were off limits. Lucic said the comment was relayed to him before Thursday morning’s practice.

“His comments, saying, ‘I didn’t know some players weren’t allowed to be hit,’ I have no idea why he would say that about me,” Lucic said. “I get hit as much as I hit. That’s a dumb comment on his part. Whatever. It just adds fuel to the fire for the upcoming games.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20151008/dustin-brown-milan-lucic-avoid-suspensions-for-kings

Looks like I'll be watching a few Sharks/Kings games now :lol:

Uh oh, someone better call a WAAAAAAAAmbulance.

I think that hit is emblematic of what's gonna happen to the Kings' this year...having Sutter as a coach for too long starts to have a paradoxical effect on a team, player's start tuning out instead of tuning in.

Benning is salivating at this. He has the holy trinity - meat, potatoes, and character!

We have seen with Benning that these early rumours seem to come true, like Bartowski. I hope that is not the case here. Hope he re-signs in LA. Him and Brown can be two thirds of a dinosaur line for yesterdays NHL.

Benning has started to make this his team by adding players that meet a specific ethos. Fast, aggressive 200 ft players with character. Lucic only has one of those things and to a fault. I feel we already have an impending log jam of young wingers with Virt, Baerschi, Boeser, Shinkaruk, Gaunce all coming down the pipe or just working into the lineup.

Just seems like a reversal to add all this speed to create quick puck movement and up ice pressure and then drop an anchor like Lucic on the group. Maybe the belief is that he creates more room for the skill guys to play, but I think that is really the Lucic of 3-4 years ago and not the Lucic of next year and god knows how many years he will get signed for. He is a slow, lazy cheap shot artist who talks a lot and doesn't deliver a heck of a lot for what will likely be a very large contract.

Hate to be playing this slug huge amounts of money when the real talent on the team comes up for pay days especially in a NHL where Edmonton is single handedly trying to destroy the bridge deal.

Yea, you're taking this a little hard but let me help out the situation.

Some of you are treating it like this or that. If he does come here, we will still cheer for the team but it doesn't mean his antics are great.

No it doesn't. Like I have said, the guy is an asshole. He has a chip on his shoulder, which according to friends I know who went to Templeton stemmed from being bullied about having Scheuermann's disease.

That being said, Lucic has a presence on the ice, as a previous poster mentioned, that alters how a team plays the game.

We have a lot of faster, younger players coming into the Canucks system and will need more than Prust and Dorsett to give them a safe working environment.

No it doesn't. Like I have said, the guy is an asshole. He has a chip on his shoulder, which according to friends I know who went to Templeton stemmed from being bullied about having Scheuermann's disease.

That being said, Lucic has a presence on the ice, as a previous poster mentioned, that alters how a team plays the game.

We have a lot of faster, younger players coming into the Canucks system and will need more than Prust and Dorsett to give them a safe working environment.

I agree about getting Milan on our team. He will guard the Twins, like they are Ezmiraldas. :)

Archived