The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 4-3 Arizona

CANUCK-EXPRESS

One thing I've noticed is how standoffish McCann and Virtanen are when it comes to defending on many occasions.  I noticed that same thing from Bo early on last year.  From what I saw, it seemed like playing with Dorsett for half of the year really showed Bo how to be aggressive when it comes to taking his man in the defensive zone.  It was a similar change that occurred offensively for Bo.  Dorsett and Hansen's type of skating hard and checking the opposition, really brought Bo to that level of defending in the NHL. 

I think Jake and Jared both need that on a consistent basis to get them to that effective level.  Jared is  fortunate to play with Dorsett and it will show by end of December if McCann stays with the team.  For Jake, I hope Burrows does the same because Sutter seems too slow and just not motivating enough to learn from.

McCann - is a Keeper.. maybe teach the Sedins to SHOOT the puck more often to SCORE.

When he gets his 100 points in a season he can pick up the twins from their retirement home and drive them to the rink and show them how its done ....... underneath the #22 and #33 sweaters hanging from the rafters

I am loving the youth movement.  I agree with the consensus on this board about the use of the young players and ice time in the third and so on. I believe we should keep rolling the lines and let the kids make the mistakes while defending the third period lead. It seems to me that they are more successful rolling the lines.  

I love that Gaunce got his first goal in the NHL.  He did his job by going hard to the net.  He seems to fit the "hard to play against" mould.  Bearcheese looks a little over his head in comparison.

Cracknell played good also.  McCann and Virtanen look like they will be better off with the team than back in junior.  

I ask what will become of McCann and Virtanen?

I think McCann has played his way onto this team. This team needs goals and this guy can score. Virtanen plays a physical game and he fits the Benning "hard to play against" characteristic too. 

Ben Hutton looks like a stud.  He seems to see the ice better than anyone we have on the blueline. I am amazed how well he plays.

The fans have been asking for the youth movement and here it is folks.  

I thought Sbisa had a pretty good game. Maybe not first star worthy but he had an excellent first period in which he was stepping up and forcing the issue with his physical play. He really plays better when he plays more aggressive and takes away time and space from the forwards. I think he had 2 assists as well in the first. 

Anyway I liked his game today. 

our young guys have so much potential to make it, it's insane. i'd say that our young guys have it pretty well on this team. it's a real good balance of young and aging/experience, and its nice to see that Willie D's starting to give them more ice time and put them out in tougher spots, because how else are they going to learn

I wouldn't go that far just yet. Domi and Duclair have excellent chemistry already, on top of being highly skilled rookies. Our future players will be battling them for several years to come, so that'll be great to watch. 

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun. Getting Duclair was a great move. I'm just really happy about our guys. 

Honestly I wish the Canucks would play way dirtier hockey. 

If the other teams are taking liberties on you take liberties on them! We should have tried to send their players home in casts after they tried to do the same to ours. There is no integrity in the NHL it seems so why should we play with any? 

When the little Calgary gnome slashed Sutter, Sutter should have bounced on him and beat his face in. Vermette should have been crosschecked, OEL rag dolled etc. 

They get what they give. I've played rugby pretty much my whole life. If players are punching in the rucks, I punch back. If I think they use a dirty tackle, I throw a dirty tackle. Yes, it backfires on me at times as I am my teams best player and it doesn't help when I get sent off but it means people don't take liberties on me so in my mind it's worth it. 

With that being said my internet rage is starting to get out of control and I need my team to start playing rugby again to release some of this :D

C'mon now, Dorsett is waiting for Prust to get back, so that Prust can take care of business.

Archived