The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

27 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It would be cool if Vancouver had an NBA team.

Oh, wait...

I'd love it if we got another team here, think they would be easily become the most popular team in the city. NBA is huge around here these days.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Why not give us some actually NBA regular season games?

I don’t want to see starters play 10 mins of a game and then sit out the rest of the game for bench players.

Why would the owners want Vancouver to make regular season gate revenue?

Unless Rogers Arena is not charging them, and both NBA teams get all the gate revenue, and merchandize.

Canucks get the concessions and parking revenue?

Edited by Ghostsof1915

• 2 weeks later...

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/272743/James-Harden-Calls-Daryl-Morey-A-Liar-Says-He-Wont-Be-Part-Of-Sixers

In a video that surfaced on Monday morning, James Harden called Philadelphia 76ers President of Basketball Operations Daryl Morey "a liar". Harden was speaking to a group of media and fans while on an Adidas press tour in China.

"Daryl Morey is a liar and I will never be a part of an organization that he's a part of," Harden said. "Let me say that again. Daryl Morey is a liar and I will never be a part of an organization that he's a part of."

Harden has asked the Sixers to trade him. Philadelphia and Morey have attempted to fulfill this request, but haven't found a deal to their liking. The LA Clippers are where Harden would like to be traded, but talks between the two teams have been termed as "stagnant".

Harden opted into the final year of his two-year deal with the 76ers ahead of this free agency period. He did so with the idea that it would make it easier for him to be traded. Last week, Morey and the Sixers said they were ending trade talks and the intention was for Harden to report to Philadelphia's training camp.

Edited by Mj2345
  • elephant 1

• 3 weeks later...

Canada beats Latvia 101-75 to finish atop Group H at the FIBA World Cup, with a 3-0 record.

Moving on to the 2nd round, Canada will be in a group with Latvia, Spain and the winner of tomorrow's game between Brazil and Cote D'Ivoire. Records from round 1 carry over, so both Canada and Spain will start the round with a 1 game advantage over the other two teams.

EDIT: I should note that I'm assuming a win by Spain over Iran tomorrow. It would be a massive upset if that didn't happen....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Canada beats Latvia 101-75 to finish atop Group H at the FIBA World Cup, with a 3-0 record.

Moving on to the 2nd round, Canada will be in a group with Latvia, Spain and the winner of tomorrow's game between Brazil and Cote D'Ivoire. Records from round 1 carry over, so both Canada and Spain will start the round with a 1 game advantage over the other two teams.

EDIT: I should note that I'm assuming a win by Spain over Iran tomorrow. It would be a massive upset if that didn't happen....

I haven't watched any FIBA since Canada is usually a stinker.  How have they looked and are the games any good?

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I haven't watched any FIBA since Canada is usually a stinker.  How have they looked and are the games any good?

They won all three of their games fairly easily, although they started a bit slow against France and Latvia. To put it into [perspective, their points differential is +111 after three games. The 2nd place Latvians are +15.....

I haven't actually been able to watch live, because games are starting around 6 am on workdays. (Games are being played in The Philippines, Indonesia and Japan)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

FFS! Canada comes up with a clunker and loses 69-65 to Brazil.

To make it even worse, the guy who did most of the damage was Bruno Caboclo (19 pts, 13 boards)....a guy who wasn't even good enough to stick with the Raptors....:picard:

Now it's down to a game against Spain, which is a "must win" for both teams.....<_<

Canada has qualified for the Paris Olympics with a hard fought 88-85 win over defending world champions, Spain. The Canadians twice trailed by double digits, including a 12 point deficit going into the 4th quarter.....

Next up for Canada is Luka Doncic and Slovenia on Wednesday.

The Americans, who were upset by Lithuania, will take on Italy, while 5-0 Lithuania faces Serbia and Latvia (who defeated Brazil by 20 points) will play the undefeated Germans.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Canada has qualified for the Paris Olympics with a hard fought 88-85 win over defending world champions, Spain. The Canadians twice trailed by double digits, including a 12 point deficit going into the 4th quarter.....

Next up for Canada is Luka Doncic and Slovenia on Wednesday.

The Americans, who were upset by Lithuania, will take on Italy, while 5-0 Lithuania faces Serbia and Latvia (who defeated Brazil by 20 points) will play the undefeated Germans.

Not sure what, if anything, it means but looking at the clip you posted, that seemed to be a pretty subdued celebration by the Canadian team at the end of the game.

5 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Not sure what, if anything, it means but looking at the clip you posted, that seemed to be a pretty subdued celebration by the Canadian team at the end of the game.

Didn't see it live, but my guess is that it was an "unfinished business" reaction....They expected to qualify for Paris, but they're in this tournament to win....

They still have three games to win....

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Didn't see it live, but my guess is that it was an "unfinished business" reaction....They expected to qualify for Paris, but they're in this tournament to win....

They still have three games to win....

I watched the game on internet live. It was a very tough game against the tough , defensively minded team , the current world champion. Canada was trailing most of the game, by 12 points in the 4th quarter, which is a huge gap to fill. It took tremendous physical and mental efforts from the team to win this game by a slim margin- in fact, something like 1 inch, the final shot by a Spanish player hit the rim...

So, I think players were mentally drained at the final buzzer. Hopefully, they use 2 days off to recharge batteries.

Canada has a very good chance against Slovenia (knock on wood 3 times).

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1