The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Planning Canucks away trips with CDC board members

LouKesBurr

Not sure if anyone has ever formed a group for going to a Canucks away game here on the message boards.  Would really like to see the Canucks play the Bruins in Boston on Jan 21, but I've exhausted countless friend options and no one wants to go.  Would be cool to see if anyone might have some interest in this.

28 minutes ago, LouKesBurr said:

Not sure if anyone has ever formed a group for going to a Canucks away game here on the message boards.  Would really like to see the Canucks play the Bruins in Boston on Jan 21, but I've exhausted countless friend options and no one wants to go.  Would be cool to see if anyone might have some interest in this.

While I applaud your effort, based on the responses, I think you can see that it might not fly as well as intended.

Good on you for going to Boston and watching a game. I don't think you're in any grave danger as the rivalry is pretty lax these days.

14 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I think he wants to meet up at a hockey game, not the internet, so mom says you're good!

^This.  Obviously if anyone was interested we'd meet prior to the trip.  I understand I'm probably going to have no better luck on here than I had with my friends.  Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

46 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

My mom says I cant meet strangers on the internet.

I know your joking, but reality is theres already so many people using the internet to meet people. See tinder, match, all those sites. I dont use them myself, but there are obv thousands of people who do

If you don't get any actual helpful responses here try the Canucks subreddit on Reddit: reddit.com/r/canucks

Maybe you can find a group to go with there? Watching games in the American cities is intense. A few years ago I watched the Blackhawks play the Blues in Chicago and there were fights (between opposing fans) all over the place. I told my buddy that I wouldn't feel safe wearing a Canucks jersey in the United Center. I've heard Boston is worse...

Maybe Boston is too big of a trip for your friends.  Way way cheaper to go to see a game in California or Phoenix and better weather.  The Allegiant flights to these cities when the Canucks are there are almost all Canadians going down.

If you are talking airfare to Boston a night or two hotel and tickets are very expensive in Boston.  Your friends might just not be able to afford it.  Over $1000 easy.

Archived