The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Bruins 4, Canucks nil

TheRussianRocket.

Just now, Tambellini's Wrist Shot said:

Lol this team is so screwed once the Twins retire. Have fun scraping the bottom of the barrel with career 3rd liner Horvat as your top line centre hahaha.

Havent watched a game since they played Winnipeg. Don't plan on tuning into this garbage again this season.

Here's a true fan.:P

20 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

go back to what ever rock you crawled out of troll  all true canuck fans hate rat boy   prust made us all happy tonight 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So slamming a guys head into the stanchion is hockey?

Or maybe two handed slashes to the calves?

How about low bridging someone and then stating that it was done in defense?

Marchand is a turd on skates and sold that poke for more than it was.

I think you nailed it there, Prust unfortunately was made to be the fool as he will now likely be suspended because of the sale job by Marchand.

marchand is a pos his low bridge on salo was  blatant intent to injure could have ended his career. so ya prust getting him in the jewels is great hopefully bext time he cross checks brad in jaw and then knocks him out in a fight  the guy has bad karma coming his way. It all evens out in long run you play dirtyy  players remember then you get some back. brads been hurt 3 times this yr no one in league respects him hes a punk 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So slamming a guys head into the stanchion is hockey?

Or maybe two handed slashes to the calves?

How about low bridging someone and then stating that it was done in defense?

Marchand is a turd on skates and sold that poke for more than it was.

Missing the point not worth explaining.

7 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

As long as people are patient, yes, nothing wrong with looking forward to the draft. But let's remember, Virtanen was a #6 two years ago and he is quite a few years away from being a game changer. So yes the draft will be fun, but in terms of translating into a winning team, that's a good 4-5 years away, IF things work out as best as possible.

People won't wait or 5-6 years. By that time, this team will be playing to Florida Panther size crowds. Benning will need to eventually get rid of the lazy useless players plaguing this team and get some other players back who can play now.

And he will need to be smart at free agency. He will need to land some real players. No more reclamation projects or 30+ year old players coming back in a trade.

3 minutes ago, Tambellini's Wrist Shot said:

Lol this team is so screwed once the Twins retire. Have fun scraping the bottom of the barrel with career 3rd liner Horvat as your top line centre hahaha.

Well, don`t plan a retirement party for them just yet. Lidstrom, a fellow Swede played until he was 43, that goves the Sedins 8 more years. Conservatively, I see them signing for 3 more years after this contract.

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Missing the point not worth explaining.

I get the point. You'd prefer that Prust beat Marchand down in a fight or levelled him with a hit along the boards versus the poke to the bloke. Marchand would never fight Prust though. He's a wimp.

It is a lowbrow thing to do, no doubt. Most players in the NHL don't have that coming. Marchand has it all coming. And he may never come again now.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

People won't wait or 5-6 years. By that time, this team will be playing to Florida Panther size crowds. Benning will need to eventually get rid of the lazy useless players plaguing this team and get some other players back who can play now.

And he will need to be smart at free agency. He will need to land some real players. No more reclamation projects or 30+ year old players coming back in a trade.

No. They will just have to lower ticket prices. More real fans will be at games because they will be more affordable, less suits.

Just now, Tambellini's Wrist Shot said:

I just don't see any point in watching another game. This team is my team but I'm not watching them if they don't play entertaining hockey.

for us to get those top entertaining players that you wish for will, most likely, require us to finish in the bottom of the league for a few years, so we can draft in the top three.  Remember these great years were centred around the Twins, who we drafted top three.  I'm afraid you will not be watching for three to five years, because that's probably how long it will take to get two players of the Twins level.  If we draft five times in the top five, we will hope to hit on two.  

Just now, Frazzy Desjardins said:

No. They will just have to lower ticket prices. More real fans will be at games because they will be more affordable, less suits.

I hope so. The crowds are so pathetic at games these days. The suits suck the life out of the building. More real fans would mean more involved and excited crowds, which in turn would be more inspirational to the team.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

for us to get those top entertaining players that you wish for will, most likely, require us to finish in the bottom of the league for a few years, so we can draft in the top three.  Remember these great years were centred around the Twins, who we drafted top three.  I'm afraid you will not be watching for three to five years, because that's probably how long it will take to get two players of the Twins level.  If we draft five times in the top five, we will hope to hit on two.  

see Edmonton Oilers.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Or Benning could forgo trying to sign budding superstars and instead build a workman roster of players who play tough, honest inspired hockey every game

2 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Well, don`t plan a retirement party for them just yet. Lidstrom, a fellow Swede played until he was 43, that goves the Sedins 8 more years. Conservatively, I see them signing for 3 more years after this contract.

Because their swedes right? Come on bud the writing is on the wall we cannot expect them to carry the team much longer it's plain to see look what happened when Torts tried to ride them out, the last half of the year they were gassed. They can be elite role players and mentors but we will need a fresh top line soon or were doomed.

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The present situation this team is in falls directly on Trevor Linden's shoulders. He hired Benning and Desjardins. And those choices are looking questionable right now. 

Fair enough right now. But wasn't the plan to bring in more young players? Which he has done. Also he has made trades in which in my opinion aren't bad. eg. Bonino for Sutter,  Kassian for Prust (for now), Signed Vrbata which was a steal of a deal last season, etc.

What is he supposed to do with the guys he's handcuffed with: Higgins, Burrows, Hamhuis, Edler?

Let's see what he can do with some cap space opening up for next season & trade deadline moves + the draft. Give him time me make his own mark not one that he was handed with... Patience can be a virtue even when it looks like there's no hope... he did draft McCann & Virtanen who do look promoising no matter what the team is doing now. Also Tryamkin, Brisbois, Demko, etc. patience..

Yeahhhhhhh the Prust spear was junk. And as much as we hate Marchand let's be real we show him up more by winning. We pooped the bed pretty hard tonight and the duo of Prust and dorsett just look foolish. 

They are playing pretty uninspired hockey and it will be tough to watch this next while. But as always we will be there to watch and pop in here after to complain. 

Just now, coastal1 said:

see Edmonton Oilers.

They have drafted five times, recently, in the top five and hit on two: Macdavid and Hall.  That's my point.  We will need five top five picks if we want players who can approach the Twins' level.  

Archived