The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what are my cards worth?

Hortankin

Im not sure which thread to post this in but i have a question regarding some cards i just got. I just bought a tin of UD hockey cards and pulled the following:

Lucic - game jersey card

Stamkos - shining stars card

(2) nikolaj ehlers - rookie cards

Jared mccann - rookie card

Also got a blackhawks player rookie card to, think its panirin or however you spel it.

Any idea how much these are worth and is it worth holding onto them for a few years?

8 minutes ago, McHortanen said:

Im not sure which thread to post this in but i have a question regarding some cards i just got. I just bought a tin of UD hockey cards and pulled the following:

Lucic - game jersey card

Stamkos - shining stars card

(2) nikolaj ehlers - rookie cards

Jared mccann - rookie card

Also got a blackhawks player rookie card to, think its panirin or however you spel it.

Any idea how much these are worth and is it worth holding onto them for a few years?

Lucia, maybe. Keep Ehlers and McCann for now. Stamkos is pretty much not worth anything.

UD  series 1 right?

Not a heck of alot probably $20-30 for the lot at most

I know Big Mike is a pretty big collector and he's busted a ton of series one this year might be worth PMing him if you're really curious

Ebay completed sales tell me

Lucic- $2-4

Stammer - $1

Ehlers- $6

mccann -$ 4

panarin -$ 15

ive got a autographed 8 by 10 pavel bure  photo   and a  like ten selanne uperdeck rookies 8 lidstrom rookies

luc robitaie rc probert rc,  sacic linden rc   bunch iof 99 80s cards and lemieux, 3 jagr rookies  i think i might sell a bunch at a card show  one of these days

17 minutes ago, Baka said:

Are any modern cards worth much of anything? Because it is based of rarity and given modern resources and marketing the only rare things are forced gimmicks by companies? 

I think some Crosby and Ovi rookie cards are worth quite a bit, if you consider that modern.

35 minutes ago, Baka said:

Are any modern cards worth much of anything? Because it is based of rarity and given modern resources and marketing the only rare things are forced gimmicks by companies? 

Cards are a little bit different, because a consumer never knows what specific cards are in a package, and card manufactures use this to their advantage to sell more cards by intentionally making some cards in fewer numbers. 

Comics are more like what you're describing, and have the disadvantage of a consumer knowing exactly what they're purchasing...if a comic issue is made in fewer numbers, that's fewer comics that can be sold.

Archived