The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick O'Sullivan: "Burrows is the only guy who said he wanted to hurt me like me father did - why I can't stand him"

homersexual

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

What points to Burrows?

TooToo's completely discredited accusation?

The NHL looked over that one with a fine toothed comb... and guess what???  

ZERO proof.

Which comes full circle to the smoke and fire comments. Just because there is no documented proff doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

7 minutes ago, JV77 said:

Honestly after thinking about it, this is beyond trash talk.  People defending it would it be ok then to call a gay player in any sport a fa**ot? or racial slurs?

Are you kidding me???

Seriously???

Have you ever played competitive sports???

If you have and haven't been called 'Fagg\*/t', or told 'Up yours' ... you are one of the 1 percent who have not.

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

What points to Burrows?

TooToo's completely discredited accusation?

The NHL looked over that one with a fine toothed comb... and guess what???  

ZERO proof.

I am positive Burrows said something nasty. You don't jump off the bench and charge someone if he didn't say something bad. The thing is what can the league do about it. For the sake of argument, lets say Burrows mentioned Tootoo's alcoholic problems, or his brother's suicide. Is that a fine from the league? I think the only thing the league was looking into was if it was racially motivated. If not, then I guess anything is fair game.

42 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Here are the facts:

-  Burrows is disliked because he pulls off all kinds of plays which come close or cross the line re. what is allowed in the NHL... all these incidents come under the heading of harrassment... no physical injuries... we are talking bumping the goalie, clutching and grabbing, hooking, PLUS having a smart comment for the opponent in the face to face after the whistle is blown.

-  But unlike a LOT of other NHL agitators, as for example Matt Cooke, Dustin Brown, Duncan Keith, etc, etc.... Burrows NEVER deliberately tries to injure anyone... please find me an instance where he has put someone out of a game... you won't find it.

-  But my God, those comments Burrows makes... gee whiz those hurt... those big tough NHLer's tender ears.  Makes me wanna cry....:rolleyes:

-  Meanwhile, these other players who DO deliberately injure people... for some reason, everyone in the league is quiet about them... NEVER do we hear anything but respect for Keith... it's all about what a terrific player he is, not about how he deliberately injured Daniel Sedin and a number of other players, and put them out of the game.

BULL$&!# BULL$&!# BULL$&!#.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

I remember saying I bet Burrows crossed the line with Tootoo and Deb came in heavily defending Burrows. Looking forward to see what she says here.

Deb being Deb.

Best thing to do is ignore homer posts.

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Where and when?  What date did he come out with this?

Cmon you can look it for yourself. Also to address one of your older posts, O'Sullivan's abuse story was quite popular and well known especially after the fifth estate did a documentary on his childhood. I think it might have come in 2005 or so. I recommend that you watch it if you get the chance.

3 minutes ago, Quoted said:

Which comes full circle to the smoke and fire comments. Just because there is no documented proff doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

It's basically 8 year old unsubstantiated gossip from a guy who just published a book. 

I don't doubt that the accusations are true. It's not the most flattering part of Burrows' game. I'm sure Burrows does these things all in the name of trying to get his team to have an advantage by throwing off opposition. I imagine it backfires in many cases where it actually motivates the opposition more to kick our butts. Getting that personal with those who have been through things that nobody should have to like abuse is going too far in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Toews said:

Cmon you can look it for yourself. Also to address one of your older posts, O'Sullivan's abuse story was quite popular and well known especially after the fifth estate did a documentary on his childhood. I think it might have come in 2005 or so. I recommend that you watch it if you get the chance.

Ok, there was an interview done in 2007, I stand corrected.

That does not prove Burrows said anything.

If this happened, why didn't O'Sullivan file a complaint with the league... he's going public about it, why doesn't he out Burrows at that time???

51 minutes ago, homersexual said:

We still don't know what Burrows said to Tootoo, but obviously it wasn't very nice. Alcohol related? Suicide related?

And I really, really like Burrows on ice play. A guy who came in undrafted and came up from the ECHL is great. So I really like him. But just like many people I like, people have flaws and things they struggle with, or things that are character flaws. I have them, you have them, we all do. Hell, I push the boundaries with family and friends all the time. But sometimes things should not be said, regardless of whether it's sports or not.

Burrows has a reputation of crossing the line. And where there is smoke, there's fire. I'm sure with the allegations towards him that if they were lies, his teammates would have come out already saying they were lies.

Again, he's one of my favourite Canucks. But joking about family issues like this is sad, it's not clever, and just downright disrespectful.

Unfortunately O'Sullivan kind of holds the kryptonite right now. Any player he doesn't like he could make such an accusation and have them instantly hated in the public's eye.

Given Burrows' reputation, quite a possibility it is true. Definitely feel bad for O'Sullivan for this but also not going to hate on Burr based on hearsay.

It is also important to remember that it was his father who did this to him, not Burr. Doesn't make the comments any more acceptable, but stupid comments are one thing and abusing your child is on a whole other level.

Archived