The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT: Canucks Win 4-3!

Apricot

Just finished watching... Now getting ready to celebrate 

What a game! VEYDAY VEYDAY VEYDAY! HAHAHAHAH such a great feeling. I love this team. 

Canucks penetrated them all game. Miller is playing out of this world and our d coverage is garbage. 

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

ya pedan, shink, gaunce, grenier up  sooner than later

at deadline 

trade one of (prust or dorsett)

trade or waive higgins weber

trade hamhuis 

trade vrbata

trade miller

trade vey, jensen, kenins

after season either buyout burrows or trade him at draft for a 3rd and 4th retain half his salary 

next yrs  team

sedin sedin hansen

baertchi sutter mccann

gaunce horvat virtanen

dorsett crackers grenier

shinkaruk

edler tanev

hutton sbisa

pedan barto

biega

marky

demko  

at free agency try to sign brent burns 

at draft pick sone good dmen 

I'm totally on board with trying to sign Burns

Horvat is playing better, and today shows why we shouldnt worry about the kid. Hes been put into a very difficult situation for a young second year player.When Sutter gets back Bo will be sheltered a little more and he can progress.

Baertschi continues to improve. Its funny that the same people that are willing to give a mile of rope to Bo and McCann seem to have Baer on a short leash.

Lets rewind almost 2 decades and remember a young naslund who had to work his way off of the fourth line and was even benched by Keenan for not going into the difficult areas and not playing tough enough.  Im not saying Baertschi will be another Naslund, but he deserves some patience here.  He has sure looked good lately.

Edit: like to also add that Biega >>> Weber in the d zone.

44 minutes ago, apollo said:

VEYDAY VEYDAY DEC 18TH! The day the Nucks turned it around and went on to win the cup. 

Canucks > Universe 

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Screw Christmas! Veyday is the only holiday that matters, and henceforth Dec 18th shall be known by that name.

NHL, WHAT YOU GONNA DO ? WHEN VEY-A_MAINIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!!

Just watched the replay, great game.  Speed kills.  Biega and Bartkoswki are turning into something.  And Hutton looked like his early season self.  

Get Pedan in there against Florida with someone reliable like Tanev and see what happens. Play Marky too; Miller can get some rest.  

Put Kenins or Gaunce on for Higgins. Gaunce had two tonight for Utica.  Shink had 4 points tonight as Comets put in 7.  

The young guys can smell opportunity with all the injuries and indifferent play from some of the multi millionaires.    

McCann looked pretty good next to Daniel and Hansen.  Nice job Willy.  

7 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

Just watched the replay, great game.  Speed kills.  Biega and Bartkoswki are turning into something.  And Hutton looked like his early season self.  

Get Pedan in there against Boston with someone reliable like Tanev and see what happens. Play Marky too; Miller can get some rest.  

I agree. If Tanev can cover Pedan's mistakes like Hamhuis used to cover Bieksa's it could be a solid pairing. Worth a shot considering how mediocre our D has looked.

It would allow us to spread out the talent too.

Pedan Tanev

Edler Hutton

Biega Bartkowski

Staple Weber to the bench.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I agree. If Tanev can cover Pedan's mistakes like Hamhuis used to cover Bieksa's it could be a solid pairing. Worth a shot considering how mediocre our D has looked.

It would allow us to spread out the talent too.

Pedan Tanev

Edler Hutton

Biega Bartkowski

Staple Weber to the bench.

I hope one day Tanev gets to play in a pairing where he doesn't have to cover his partner's mistakes. :(

3 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

I hope one day Tanev gets to play in a pairing where he doesn't have to cover his partner's mistakes. :(

Yea, that's not gonna happen any time soon. Not as long as he keeps getting paired with Edler.

Since we won though I'm sure Willie won't change anything. Despite our D running a fire drill every time Detroit put on real pressure.

12 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

I'm afraid that this is Tanev's fate.  He is not dynamic himself but he is solid on D so he is doomed to be paired with a partner who is dynamic on occasion because there is a need for these players to be backed up by someone who is responsible.

Typical Vey trying to tik off CDC. Last year he would cost us games when were hoping to be a good team. Now we want to tank and he scores the SO winner. Vey needs to go! Ahaha jk. Good for Vey.. Must feel really good for him to be called up and get the GWG. Now back to our tanking please :)

Go Canucks!

Archived