The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT: Canucks Win 4-3!

Apricot

1 minute ago, Apricot said:

#Canucks taped a C on McCann's jersey for warmup and he didn't notice until moments before they took the ice. #dammit

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

Nice that they were in the mind space to joke around still considering their play of late, good sign and good for the rookies to be around, it could be a really bad environment if they were really serious

Of course Vey would score the winner. How fitting.

I liked the effort tonight other than the typical D zone brain farts. I guess we should take the wins however we can get them right now, but man some of the personnel choices are still bugging me.

Higgins out in the final minute of the game. Playing the trap in 3 on 3 trying to defend again. And going with Higgins and Daniel in the shootout over McCann and Bo were head scratchers.

I'll take the positives out of this game though which was Baertschi finding his game, Horvat playing like a beast, and Vrbata and McCann bumping the slump. Miller played great too other than the tying goal. I thought Hutton and Biega played solid too.

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do we have one of those orange traffic cones, just in case Pedan's flight is delayed?  No more Weber, Higgins, and (sorry posters) Burrows.  

Poor Burrows...he still tries hard but just doesn't have it.  Seeing the kids in the line up it is easier to see how our vets have lost speed and struggle to keep up.  I can stomach Alex because of his effort and passion, Higgins makes me scream with his casual, lazy fly bys.  How can a guy who is basically a third line player survive in this league without ever playing the body or going to the hard areas? 

3 minutes ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Hope they bring Virtanen back after the World Juniors. They need him crashing and banging out there. :) GREAT game for the kids!!

I thought once they decided to keep him beyond the 9 games to start that they had to keep him in the NHL. He is too young to go to the Comets and I believe it isn't possible to now send him to juniors ... They can if the Canucks don't make the play offs and his junior team is still playing.

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Would Scotty Bowman have rewarded a floater like Higgins with a chance in the shootout? Nope, he would haved nailed his butt to the bench. Willie needs to be shipped out on the same bus as Higgins....throw Weber in the luggage compartment 

great observation totally on the mark

7 minutes ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Hope they bring Virtanen back after the World Juniors. They need him crashing and banging out there. :) GREAT game for the kids!!

"He lacks hockey IQ" "Hasn't progressed" "floats around too much" "all he does is hit, nothing more" "doesn't use his size" "doesn't drive the net" "NYLANDER" 

so no....

2 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

I thought once they decided to keep him beyond the 9 games to start that they had to keep him in the NHL. He is too young to go to the Comets and I believe it isn't possible to now send him to juniors ... They can if the Canucks don't make the play offs and his junior team is still playing.

False, he can be sent down at any time

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Of course Vey would score the winner. How fitting.

I liked the effort tonight other than the typical D zone brain farts. I guess we should take the wins however we can get them right now, but man some of the personnel choices are still bugging me.

Higgins out in the final minute of the game. Playing the trap in 3 on 3 trying to defend again. And going with Higgins and Daniel in the shootout over McCann and Bo were head scratchers.

I'll take the positives out of this game though which was Baertschi finding his game, Horvat playing like a beast, and Vrbata and McCann bumping the slump. Miller played great too other than the tying goal. I thought Hutton and Biega played solid too.

Definite positives, but the real test os can they do this consistently?  Tonight looked like they just went out and played.  They didn't seem scared to dictate the game which I believe has been their big hang up.  They are thinking too much and tonight they let it go and we got the W.  Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, fearless hockey.

3 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

oh well very good game for a change .The young guys got decent ice time an proved they have it.

on side note we slipped to 8 th spot in draft pick rankings with tonights win 

As long as they hover around the middle of a playoff spot and a good pick, once they get healthy they can either go for it, or hit the abort button and go for the pick.

It will all depend on how they play over the next couple of months.

5 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

He can still be sent to juniors at any time but if he sticks beyond the 40 game mark (on the roster not played) then he burns a year of his contract. You are correct he cannot go to Utica.

23 minutes ago, Monteeun said:

I swear, give Pedan a try. It can't be worse...or can it? :wacko:

Based on Pedan thread, he doesn't have the foot speed to play at this level. He was getting undressed by guys with NHL going wide on him in Utica. I'm sure Willie can see this in practice, which is why they have an exposed him in a game. My guess is that he's only here in a dire emergency otherwise, he's not seeing NHL ice on D this season. Either he needs to improve his foot speed or his angles or he's going to be trade bait in the offseason. You don't think it's strange that the first defenseman that came up from Utica was a 27 year old?

Archived