The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music in 2017

GLASSJAW

23 hours ago, Monty said:

Just downloaded (though no money was spent) the new Liam Gallagher solo album.

This is going to be wretched.

haven't bothered with this, and i won't bother with it. even if i liked it i would be too ashamed to admit i like it, so it's lose/lose 

i did hear the new noel gallagher song, which is called 'holy mountain' -- no doubt a nod to the utterly bizarre movie of the same name. this, i guess, is supposed to be a reference to noel trying to be more 'psychedelic' or something now. the song isn't even bad imo. makes me wonder if the gallagher brothers combined their half coked out swiss cheese brains could they come up with a new, good oasis album? 

anyway, liam remains hilarious to me. on Noel's new music he tweeted: "psychedelic music from a beige drip is like a vegetarian selling you a kebab"

2 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

haven't bothered with this, and i won't bother with it. even if i liked it i would be too ashamed to admit i like it, so it's lose/lose 

i did hear the new noel gallagher song, which is called 'holy mountain' -- no doubt a nod to the utterly bizarre movie of the same name. this, i guess, is supposed to be a reference to noel trying to be more 'psychedelic' or something now. the song isn't even bad imo. makes me wonder if the gallagher brothers combined their half coked out swiss cheese brains could they come up with a new, good oasis album? 

anyway, liam remains hilarious to me. on Noel's new music he tweeted: "psychedelic music from a beige drip is like a vegetarian selling you a kebab"

I’m going to listen to it shortly, or at least try to.

Liam Gallagher

Predictably, this is bad. The first two tracks are actually not bad, and I liked the second song, “Bold”. It’s not a great song, but it’s nice. But the record quickly goes off the rails.

Tracks 4 & 5 are particurly awful. “Paper Crown”, which is the 4th song, sounds like one of the parody songs from “Get Him to the Greek”. In that it’s simplistic in that anyone with a working brain cell could write and perform it.

On 10/9/2017 at 4:21 PM, GLASSJAW said:

noel has been doing this type of stuff, his solo stuff is imo way more varied stylistically than anything oasis ever did.  plus shout outs to the guy playing tin whistle on holy mountain.

• 5 weeks later...

idk if i've posted this already, but goddamn this might be my song of the year. can't stop listening to it for months now. gives me faith in traditional indie rock.

one of the best EPs i've ever heard, too

love the guitar that closes the song out

Archived