The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brad Marchand suspended 3 games

Given his history of being a cheap shot and this not even being his first clipping related suspension, I would've given him 8 games. I don't get why repeat offenders are being handed fairly minor suspensions like 3 games--they're just going to keep cheap shotting people then. The league needs to start seriously punishing these players or else someone is going to get seriously injured.

Not holding my breath though.

Raffi Torres Should look into the inconsistencies of the DOPS assessment of discipline. Didn't his last suspension cost him 42 games and over half a million dollars for being a repeat offender? 

Marchand's clipping infractions are every bit as dangerous.

What a joke. He did the exact same thing a few years ago and got 5 games. He gave bull$&!# reasoning saying he was protecting himself from sami salo. This time he says he was just turning up the ice. I would have given him extra games for saying something so insulting. This league is a corrupt joke. Guess what nucks fans, even when the Canucks are at the top of the league, this league will try its best to prevent us from winning a cup.

49 minutes ago, SwedeHockey said:

Technically, It can't. When he took out Salo, it was when we were in the old CBA.

Yup, history plays a part but the repeat offender status is from the slewfoot on Brassard a year ago.

I agree he could have got more, and maybe should have, but the illegal pick and considering it wasn't a particularly violent contact (although the result was pretty violent!) gives some leeway. I'm more upset about nothing at all for the elbow on Henrik than Marchand only getting 3 games for this, as stupid as it was.

On 12/31/2015 at 6:08 PM, Heretic said:

3 games?  What a joke.  If a Canucks who has been suspended say only once before did that, they would get 5 games or more easily.

Why does the NHL hate the Canucks so much? I've probably read a thousand posts on here about Bettman hating the Canucks, Refs hating the Canucks or the media hating the Canucks etc. But I've never figured out why the NHL would treat one of it's franchises differently from all others.

Is it the Aquilinis, or Trevor Linden, Jim Benning, WD, the Sedin brothers, Alex Edler, or another player, or is it the city of Vancouver? What is the reason for always treating the Canucks unfairly?

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Why does the NHL hate the Canucks so much? I've probably read a thousand posts on here about Bettman hating the Canucks, Refs hating the Canucks or the media hating the Canucks etc. But I've never figured out why the NHL would treat one of it's franchises differently from all others.

Is it the Aquilinis, or Trevor Linden, Jim Benning, WD, the Sedin brothers, Alex Edler, or another player, or is it the city of Vancouver? What is the reason for always treating the Canucks unfairly?

On a side note my family's been in the hospitality business in the US since the 1980's. We've had many locations and they've all been close to the Canadian border. 

Biggest sign the customer is Canadian is they seem to love complaining and whining. They seem to find the smallest thing to whine about. Sometimes it's so ridiculous that you wanna laugh. Ofcourse not every Canadian is a whiner, but it's a very noticable national trait. 

Must be something in the water up here.

Another observation, for the most part women executives look thru the bill and confirm all charges before singing, men mostly don't even look, they just sign and go. But that's another topic.

In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (orconfirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

27 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (orconfirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

Makes sense, So what you're saying is Canucks fans are always looking for reasons to feel they got slighted by the NHL?

And if we break it down a bit further what it really means is  Canucks fans are pretty much just looking for things to complain and whine about. 

27 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

On a side note my family's been in the hospitality business in the US since the 1980's. We've had many locations and they've all been close to the Canadian border. 

Biggest sign the customer is Canadian is they seem to love complaining and whining. They seem to find the smallest thing to whine about. Sometimes it's so ridiculous that you wanna laugh. Ofcourse not every Canadian is a whiner, but it's a very noticable national trait. 

Must be something in the water up here.

Another observation, for the most part women executives look thru the bill and confirm all charges before singing, men mostly don't even look, they just sign and go. But that's another topic.

Yeah....Americans never complain about anything... :picard:

On a side note, if 100 people see a grizzly bear in a camp ground, maybe, just maybe, they were right.

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Yeah....Americans never complain about anything... :picard:

Is that what your experience tells you? I would disagree with that observation. I've found that Americans are humans and they complain.

But in my 3+ decades of customer relations in the hospitality business I've found American customers to complain less about minor details in the course of business compared to Canadian customers.

But I think we're getting off topic here. Let's get back to whining about how 3 games isn't enough for Marchand because if he was a Canucks he would have gotten at least 5, maybe even 10.

Who knows Bettman, he might have suspended him for the season, look what he did to Bertuzzi.

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Is that what your experience tell you? I would disagree with that observation. I've found that Americans are humans and they complain.

But in my 3+ decades of customer relations in the hospitality business I've found American customers to complain less about minor details in the course of business compared to Canadian customers.

"Of course not every American is a whiner, but it is a very noticeable national trait."

Generalizations.... they just sound so silly.

Aaaand back to the douchebag under discussion.......

27 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Is that what your experience tells you? I would disagree with that observation. I've found that Americans are humans and they complain.

But I think we're getting off topic here. Let's get back to whining about how 3 games isn't enough for Marchand because if he was a Canucks he would have gotten at least 5, maybe even 10.

Who knows Bettman, he might have suspended him for the season, look what he did to Bertuzzi.

Hmm.. Maybe Canadians just expect better quality service and food, whereas Americans are just accustomed to poor service and slop on a plate. 

To be honest, when I worked as a bartender, I found Americans to be the most rude, abrasive, self centered, arrogant a-holes out of any nationality I ever had to serve. Whining about everything they could, just to try and cheap out on their tab...beer-too cold, vodka neat-too strong, really dumb crap. Oh, and they snap or bang on the bar for service like they're the only people in the bar...that's rude, BTW. 

But yeah, Ratface sucks. Buttman too. The DoPS is a joke as well.

Food's cold, your server didn't polish the silver and there's dry food stuck to my plate are legit complaints.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

What, you don't like women singing? I'd be tickled pink if a woman reviewed her bill and then sang me a song...it'd make my day.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

The problem with your loose theory is this - it's not just Canucks fans nor Canadians making the same observation. (see - it's an observation - not whining - unlike your posts - you're "whining and complaining" about Canadians and Canucks fans - and if you don't agree with that - then you're a hypocrite.

In which case, you are only trolling to try and get a rise out of people.

I hope I never have to dine in any of your family run establishments if they think the same as yourself.

Archived