The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brad Marchand suspended 3 games

If I understand the video it is Marchand's responsibility to avoid contact with a player who is setting a pick which seems odd.

Nonetheless 3 games is about right for a guy with his history. Player wasn't hurt which lends credence to the argument that the guy who elbowed Hank should have got some sort of supplemental discipline as well, if only a fine. Whatever the case I'm guessing no suspension is long enough for the good denizens of CDC where Marchand is Satan.

That's complete BS! He's a repeat offender according to the CBA and has previously been suspended for this exact infraction and yet somehow still only got the same number of games that Burrows got. Why have "repeat offender" status at all if it doesn't actually increase the suspension? Apparently Burr's years old fine for tattling was somehow as serious as multiple suspensions, including a longer one for this exact same offense.

Must be nice to have Daddy Warbucks Jacobs making calls for you. But Marchand better hope he's never traded.

10 minutes ago, thema said:

If I understand the video it is Marchand's responsibility to avoid contact with a player who is setting a pick which seems odd.

Nonetheless 3 games is about right for a guy with his history. Player wasn't hurt which lends credence to the argument that the guy who elbowed Hank should have got some sort of supplemental discipline as well, if only a fine. Whatever the case I'm guessing no suspension is long enough for the good denizens of CDC where Marchand is Satan.

3 games is not enough for a repeat offender.

This guy has a bigger leash than Hansen, who was suspended longer for an accidental elbow  or Kassian's reckless stick. McNabb got zero punishment for an intent to injure play.

12 minutes ago, thema said:

2zh40mv.jpg

15 minutes ago, thema said:

His history, which included an almost identical hit on Salo but yielded a 5 game suspension? 3 games is absolutely not right. If anything this hit is worse than the lowbridge on Salo cause at least Salo had the puck before it. This should have brought at least 5 games if his hit on Salo did. Wanna talk about a precedent? There is one, and it involves him

Also...I absolutely can't stand how whether the play results in an injury or not bears any weight. The one that comes to mind for me is a year or two ago when Lupul attempted a blatant elbow on one of the twins, but missed and hit Kadri instead. It was laughed off and thrown into blooper/misplay reels because he hit his own guy, but the intent was to throw a vicious hit on the twin. That's what should be punished.

A repeat offender who got 5 games for the same thing on Salo gets suspended only 3 games for doing the same thing again???  Thanks for the consistency DoPS..and people wonder why the DoPS is such a farce and a joke. Obviously, Marchand is a slow learner who learned nothing from the first time he did it and was punished for it. And then gets a lesser punishment. I don't know why I'm surprised......shouldn't we hockey fans be accustomed to this sort of crap from the committee who is supposed to look out for player safety and punish/discipline those who cross the line and don't learn from their previous transgressions and punishments? I just keep hoping they'll get it right some day..... I may have to live a couple more lifetimes at this rate. Just disgusted. Though I suppose it could have been worse, Marchand could have got nothing.....this feels about the same, regardless.

27 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

A repeat offender who got 5 games for the same thing on Salo gets suspended only 3 games for doing the same thing again???  Thanks for the consistency DoPS..and people wonder why the DoPS is such a farce and a joke. Obviously, Marchand is a slow learner who learned nothing from the first time he did it and was punished for it. And then gets a lesser punishment. I don't know why I'm surprised......shouldn't we hockey fans be accustomed to this sort of crap from the committee who is supposed to look out for player safety and punish/discipline those who cross the line and don't learn from their previous transgressions and punishments? I just keep hoping they'll get it right some day..... I may have to live a couple more lifetimes at this rate. Just disgusted. Though I suppose it could have been worse, Marchand could have got nothing.....this feels about the same, regardless.

So much for progressive discipline.

The only reason he doesn't have the same disciplinary record among NHL players as a guy like Torres is because he plays for the Bruins.

The league and even the media always just write it off as just being "the big bad Bruins". Even though there's nothing big or bad about Marchand's game, he's just dirty. No different than Carcillo, Torres, or Downie.

Archived