The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks vs. Canucks - Friday, January 1, 2016 - 7PM PT

canucksnhl

Happy New Year!  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Give it a rest. Vey sucks and will NEVER be more than an everyday AHL player. 

He also fails to point out Vey still plays the perimeter for the most part. Vey was far from their first call up. He's a low choice now and patch work material as far as I can see. As do you. 

It's hard to picture Vey in Vancouver's long term plans.

Vancouver's blue print of getting bigger surpasses Vey .

21 minutes ago, McCannon said:

My bet - you're 17 yrs old.

Sorry I wont play your game teenager. Go ask mom for your participation ribbon

Quote of the year "Linden Vey winning puck battles"

LMAO!!!!

If these guys are children like you say they are, then why do you keep arguing with them. 

3 minutes ago, Canorth said:

If these guys are children like you say they are, then why do you keep arguing with them. 

I blocked him...now I don't need to address his nonsense. However, I was proven right a few minutes ago, when that person updated his status simply to troll me.

funny how that works hey? I Called him perfectly...a 17 yr old trolling adolescent who needs attention. Terrific article here on trolls blow. I have noticed being new to this site, there are seems to be a significant population of them. Now that I have found the block function there will be no need to engage them as you suggest.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Because he has can't respond in a logical manner, but instead throws crap on the wall thinking that it makes him appear smarter

8 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Sounds like Willie wants vets in for this game with McCann and Pedan out. I figured once he got Vey up McCann would ride the pine. Pedan being out against the bigger Ducks is a head scratcher tho.

Completely agreed, Pedan is what this club needs. 

McCann should be used as a winger, he has to get stronger and obviously improve at faceoffs. But no reason why he can't slide to the wing instead of him being a scratch over other guys on the team.

Was hoping to see Pedan against the size of players Anaheim has, but not this time. I hope we get blown out  of the water, this team seems to have no clear direction, its frustrating to watch. Dump the young guys and let them go to junior and score, or dump the old guys and give some utica guys a chance. 

17 minutes ago, Yotes said:

McCann should be used as a winger, he has to get stronger and obviously improve at faceoffs. But no reason why he can't slide to the wing instead of him being a scratch over other guys on the team.

Was hoping to see Pedan against the size of players Anaheim has, but not this time. I hope we get blown out  of the water, this team seems to have no clear direction, its frustrating to watch. Dump the young guys and let them go to junior and score, or dump the old guys and give some utica guys a chance. 

I agree on the McCann point if the concern is his faceoffs. You do need alot of strength to beat NHL'ers on the draw (something that Bo had coming in). Montreal did this with Galchenyuk for the same reasons and its worked out. As for the comment of choose to go old or new, I disagree

I think alot of people are forgetting why we are where we are right now, injuries. We have lost three of our top 5 dmen for 1/4 of the season thus far (Hammer/Sbisa/Tanev), and our second line center.

The impact of having so many key injuries in a cap world is going to be material to any team, as no team can have the depth to overcome such a significant impact to their roster.

We are seeing the result, that players either step up and show they are better than what we thought (pleasant improvements from Baer and strong play by Hutton and arguably Pedan), or some are forced to play above their heads at the moment and are just not as effective, either because they really are just depth guys (Weber), or are just not ready  to take on a larger role (Bo).

So while it may 'seem' like we're not that good of a team, I think evaluating their recent performance with so many injuries ignores the real cause and the most important factor.

We were playing very competitively with a full line up - many here are forgetting that.

Archived