The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Caducks 1, Canucks 2

TheRussianRocket.

3 minutes ago, poetica said:

I've always thought it was stupid to boo Kesler. He was here for years and then decided it was time to move on. No biggie. Literally happens every season. But booing him every time he touches the puck now is just ridiculous. It's like staying friends with an ex on Facebook only so you can say negative things in response to their every post. It's a little pathetic.

That being said, last night was pretty funny because Kesler made it abundantly clear that it's really gotten under his skin, especially after seeing the loving reception that Bieksa got. So, with his feelings hurt he decided to go total villain to play down to the crowd. It didn't make him score, of course. He's a talented player given lots of opportunities. He was eventually going to score against us. But, his overly dramatic reaction to scoring still made it clear that his ex's hurtful comments still burn a little too much...

It's not about him deciding to leave.     He forced a trade to a team that barely wanted him, getting us a poor return.  

Yes, we got Mac, yes we got Suter.  But if he gave us the chance to shop him and find the best deal for the team, it would be a totally different story.    Then you can respectfully say, he did his best for us, wanted a change, and he deserves that. 

But he didn't.  He didn't care about the team and he showed it. 

Booo away

Eh, I'm still of the belief that Kesler requested to be moved silently, but management sort of dicked him around just like with Luongo, likely waiting for the perfect deal (read as: overpayment) that would never come. After a season or two, Kesler finally decided to make it public even if it reflected poorly on him, but with the intention of creating some urgency with management to move him.

Overall, I think he devoted his best years to us and will probably have some nagging lifelong injuries based on how hard he played for us. In that regard, no hard feelings on him moving. We don't "own" him, we don't owe him, and he doesn't owe us either.

I liked him when he was with us, but after he requested the trade then I started to dislike him. After yesterday's game, I saw how much of an egotistical jerk he is. I think booing him just makes the games more interesting. Sure, it probably fuels him, but at least it gets the message across that what he did wasn't very nice. Also, would that mean that we shouldn't have luuuued Lu when he was with us? It does sound like booing and it was probably hard to tell whether they were luuing or booing him... Hahaha.

3 minutes ago, AngelicHearts said:

I liked him when he was with us, but after he requested the trade then I started to dislike him. After yesterday's game, I saw how much of an egotistical jerk he is. I think booing him just makes the games more interesting. Sure, it probably fuels him, but at least it gets the message across that what he did wasn't very nice. Also, would that mean that we shouldn't have luuuued Lu when he was with us? It does sound like booing and it was probably hard to tell whether they were luuing or booing him... Hahaha.

Uhhh, Kesler always played like a jerk, that is one of the things that makes him the player he is; the thing is, he was OUR Blue Green and White Jerk...I'm sure you loved him when he was playing Right Wing tipping pucks into the net left right and center for us a few seasons ago.

Can only add that the negative energy spent on a familiar yet opposing player is sadly characteristic of a childish faction of our fan base who are better advised to find something to cheer about (difficult as that might be at present). 

Archived