The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ARI @ VAN - MON - JAN 4 - 7PM - SNP

Green Goblin

1 hour ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Exxageration at it's finest. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Spelling at it's not so finest.

Well, I noticed BOTH of you messed up 'its'.  Can't blame autocorrect!  Whose fault is it?  :lol:

Going to the game tonight... which means we win.  I'm 4 for 4 so far.  Sedins and Hansen due for another big game.  We win 4-1.

1 minute ago, yes we can nucks said:

Well, I noticed BOTH of you messed up 'its'.  Can't blame autocorrect!  Whose fault is it?  :lol: Sarah Connor's fault.

Going to the game tonight... which means we win.  I'm 4 for 4 so far.  Sedins and Hansen due for another big game.  We win 4-1.

20 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Well, I noticed BOTH of you messed up 'its'.  Can't blame autocorrect!  Whose fault is it?  :lol:

Good eye. :)

20 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Can somebody tell me why Pedan isn't in the lineup? Is he injured???

Because Willie prefers a smaller more compact defense. And he can't get enough of Yannick Weber. Although, as others have mentioned, Weber and Pedan play different sides, Weber being right, Pedan being left.

Bartkowski should be sitting, allowing Pedan to play.

1 hour ago, Gstank29 said:

Concussion. I would assume this means we see Virtanen play every game until there decision (deadline was supposly Jan 10) but this would pretty much guarentee him games until the end of the month

I thought he got crunched against the boards and hurt his ribs, a broken or bruised rib would keep him out 6 weeks at least, again just a memory of a nasty hit along the boards that I don't remember involving the head.

For all those asking, "Why not Pedan?" I'd suggest it is so they can work with him on game speed and positioning through practice to get him adjusted to NHL pace. 

It could be part of the plan to develop him properly for long term benefit over short term gain. If he's a factor in future plans there is no imperative to put the right now over the tomorrow. He was only played before because we needed a body. 

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

I'm guessing that getting something like a month's AHL pay for each NHL game in the press box would somewhat compensate for that torture.

I suppose but each kid has the dream of making it and  I am sure even for the ahl cheque they would jump into the lineup

Archived