The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] ARI @ VAN - MON - JAN 4 - 7PM - SNP

Green Goblin

20 minutes ago, Heretic said:

#Canucks Hamhuis update: had wiring removed from jaw yesterday and got to eat solid food for first time since Dec 9.

No solid food in almost a month?  Guess he won't be back anytime soon.....he's probably dropped like 10-15 lbs....

10 pounds and IMO that pretty good for someone who couldn't eat solids

4 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

Concussion. I would assume this means we see Virtanen play every game until there decision (deadline was supposly Jan 10) but this would pretty much guarentee him games until the end of the month

He was at the optional today and WillieD said he was skating hard so should soon be back - also called it a neck issue.  

The IR was probably retroactive (today is a week so he be activated at any point going forward) but they needed a spot because they were unsure if Prust was ready to go.  Putting Baertschi on IR retroactively allowed them to recall Grenier without having to put Prust on IR to have an extra forward available. 

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I like that 4th line as long as Vey is going to be hard on the puck in the offensive zone.

I suggest you count the number of times Vey avoids any contact.  I would love the guy to be hard on and off the puck, because he does have skill.  It's just not in his nature.  He's like water, and takes the path of least resistance.  

I think he scores the OT winner though!  

watching the yotes feed and aww Jonn Scott seems so bashful about going to the all star game. And I chuckled at his responce to P Kane saying I hope he decides to show up  it will be good for the game. Scotts response was something along the lines of Thanks and I hope Kane decides to show up too *eye roll

Higgins has rapidly lost his offense this year, shorter shifts, and just dumping the puck in then heading straight to the bench. The good thing was Higgins is an average well rounded player, so even if he had lost his offense he still has his defense, defensive positioning and board battle experience, 3rd would be my limit for him though, just because he doesn't have offense

4 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

Higgins has rapidly lost his offense this year, shorter shifts, and just dumping the puck in then heading straight to the bench. The good thing was Higgins is an average well rounded player, so even if he had lost his offense he still has his defense, defensive positioning and board battle experience, 3rd would be my limit for him though, just because he doesn't have offense

Key word.... And we're talking 3 years ago.  Now he's a bum and garbage

Archived