The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Florida Panthers to wear new sweaters in 2016-2017.

Odd.

59 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Corban Knight currently occupies #53 for the Panthers haha

And which Junior team did Horvat play for?

The London Knights... :o

Maybe I'm looking too much into this :P 

Actually love that logo, I have a hard time connecting it with the Florida Panthers identitity (could change as I get used to it) but on a pure aesthetic level it looks badass.  The jersey is pretty good too.

13 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Joint in the other hand, and something should indicate that it is a premium flavored coffee...maybe visible foam on the top or something.  If it looks like a cup of plain dark roast or Folgers then the logo misses the boat entirely. 

Also the logo should have a VSCO filter applied to it

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Does '53' represent the number of fans they have?

According to ESPN's attendance records Florida is averaging 3,000 more fans every game this season over last. Attendance started off slow again this season but it's been steadily climbing along with the team's standing and they've had multiple sell outs recently. While Florida had the lowest attendance last season, this season 3 teams (Arizona, NYI, and Carolina) have lower average attendance than Florida. And Florida is barely below Columbus and NJ.

Things are definitely looking up in Sunrise!

On 1/6/2016 at 6:58 PM, Gstank29 said:

I still think we need to scrap the Orca bay logo and make one that represents Vancouver. 

I'm thinking of some Chinese characters depicting the new owners around a rainbow 420 leaf...throw a couple orcas in there i guess too

18 hours ago, poetica said:

According to ESPN's attendance records Florida is averaging 3,000 more fans every game this season over last. Attendance started off slow again this season but it's been steadily climbing along with the team's standing and they've had multiple sell outs recently. While Florida had the lowest attendance last season, this season 3 teams (Arizona, NYI, and Carolina) have lower average attendance than Florida. And Florida is barely below Columbus and NJ.

I'm not buying it.
I tune in to enough Florida games to see plenty of empty seats.
It is really sad that such a good team with elite talent doesn't fill more seats.

18 hours ago, poetica said:

How many are paid seats?  How many cost under 10 bucks?  The franchise is a joke, and without North of the Border teams giving them money, they would die.

3 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

I'm not buying it.
I tune in to enough Florida games to see plenty of empty seats.
It is really sad that such a good team with elite talent doesn't fill more seats.

You can believe whatever you want if facts aren't "truthy" enough for you, but anyone who actually watches Florida games regularly has seen the attendance steadily rise as they've been climbing in the standings and heard their commentators talking about selling it out a few times. You can even just look at the photos in the game recaps from their recent home games and see that many seats are filled.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

How many are paid seats?  How many cost under 10 bucks?  The franchise is a joke, and without North of the Border teams giving them money, they would die.

I believe all of them are paid (other than possibly ones set aside for players' families and the like.) The old management gave tickets away but when the new owner bought the franchise he put an immediate stop to that. He said he felt it just devalued the team, making people think it wasn't worth paying for. Instead, he's focused on building a team that was worth paying to see.

As for how many of those tickets cost under $10 I have no idea. I didn't buy them. I do know that they, like most teams including the Canucks, change the prices according to demand. Tickets for their next home game (against the Oilers on Jan 18) range from $3-$654 with most of the tickets available in the middle range. The following home game (against Chicago) has tickets that range from $6-$1353. So, they definitely have very affordable seats. But so what? That's just knowing your market and they're trying to build a fanbase. You can't start with Canucks level pricing. Even the Canucks can't sustain a full house anymore at those overblown prices...

I disagree. The franchise is not a joke. It's placement may be. Not as bad as a desert, mind you, but definitely not the best. But for the NHL it's not about fans or even selling tickets, it's about TV markets. Much of their income comes from these mega broadcast deals so having teams in large TV markets like Florida allows them to inflate the numbers when selling the broadcast rights. There's a reason they're working so hard to keep an ice hockey team in Arizona and it has nothing whatsoever to do with fans...

On January 6, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Gstank29 said:

I just think it would be a nicer jersey if they dropped the cartoon Orca . That is all

Somehow get the mountains in there

The jagged lines from the middle of the orca down to the tail were desgned to represent the mountains 

7 hours ago, poetica said:

You can believe whatever you want if facts aren't "truthy" enough for you, but anyone who actually watches Florida games regularly has seen the attendance steadily rise as they've been climbing in the standings and heard their commentators talking about selling it out a few times. You can even just look at the photos in the game recaps from their recent home games and see that many seats are filled.

I believe all of them are paid (other than possibly ones set aside for players' families and the like.) The old management gave tickets away but when the new owner bought the franchise he put an immediate stop to that. He said he felt it just devalued the team, making people think it wasn't worth paying for. Instead, he's focused on building a team that was worth paying to see.

As for how many of those tickets cost under $10 I have no idea. I didn't buy them. I do know that they, like most teams including the Canucks, change the prices according to demand. Tickets for their next home game (against the Oilers on Jan 18) range from $3-$654 with most of the tickets available in the middle range. The following home game (against Chicago) has tickets that range from $6-$1353. So, they definitely have very affordable seats. But so what? That's just knowing your market and they're trying to build a fanbase. You can't start with Canucks level pricing. Even the Canucks can't sustain a full house anymore at those overblown prices...

I disagree. The franchise is not a joke. It's placement may be. Not as bad as a desert, mind you, but definitely not the best. But for the NHL it's not about fans or even selling tickets, it's about TV markets. Much of their income comes from these mega broadcast deals so having teams in large TV markets like Florida allows them to inflate the numbers when selling the broadcast rights. There's a reason they're working so hard to keep an ice hockey team in Arizona and it has nothing whatsoever to do with fans...

Seats for 3 to 6 bucks, and the franchise is to be taken seriously?:lol:

50 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seats for 3 to 6 bucks, and the franchise is to be taken seriously?:lol:

When they've just won 11 games in a row and are leading their division, yeah!

Why would the price of the seats make any difference? This is hockey, not eBay.

Archived