The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Florida Panthers to wear new sweaters in 2016-2017.

Odd.

I love the new template but the new crest will take some getting used to. 

My pet-peeve is having the crest with "FLORIDA" on the away sweaters. The crest should have either the team name or the full team name, ie. Toronto version, on both sweaters. 

Wouldn't be shocked if the Leaping Panther makes a comeback. 

...meh. Nothing spectacular.

It's a simple design and one most will either really like or really hate. Reminiscent of soccer kits and doesn't get my vote. Also the same concept as Slovakia national team hockey jerseys but that's international/national jerseys - different vibe/flow - plus the Slovak colours go with the jersey concept. Can't really say that about these.

Guess they'll settle in over time but not a fan of them for the reasons stated. 

3 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

...meh. Nothing spectacular.

It's a simple design and one most will either really like or really hate. Reminiscent of soccer kits and doesn't get my vote. Also the same concept as Slovakia national team hockey jerseys but that's international/national jerseys - different vibe/flow - plus the Slovak colours go with the jersey concept. Can't really say that about these.

Guess they'll settle in over time but not a fan of them for the reasons stated. 

Right logo, wrong jersey design IMO. You can tell Ekblad is just like "bruh."

Not a fan at all.  As others have said - looks like a soccer jersey design.  The cat isn't aggressive enough.  The crest shield shape combined with the sleeve patches looks very, very European.  Colours were better before.

Not hideous, imo, but not a fan over their overall direction in any way whatsoever.  Looking at them literally makes me feel uncomfortable.  (But then, as a designer by trade, I tend to get overly affected by things that look out of place....)

They're alright a clean simple design.  The new crest on the sleeve is so-so liked the old one better.  But it is better than Calgary's blatant attempt to suck up to the feds and provincial governments by wearing the flags on their shoulders.  Guess they thought each governmental department would shower them with money to build a new arena.

Archived