The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Florida Panthers to wear new sweaters in 2016-2017.

Odd.

There’s something different about the Florida Panthers.

It could be that they’re atop the Atlantic Division. Or it could be that they’ve just set a franchise record with nine straight wins. It might even be that “sellout crowds” glow. Whatever it is, the Panthers are looking good.

Building on their “new year, new me” campaign, the Twitterverse was buzzing on Sunday when George Richards of the Miami Herald tweeted that the team would be sporting new sweaters in 2016-17.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/florida-panthers-to-wear-new-sweaters-in-2016-17/

This is the mockup.

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 2.01.46 PM

Not bad huh?

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

I still think we need to scrap the Orca bay logo and make one that represents Vancouver. 

Anything for those black and yellow retro jerseys bby.

16 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

I still think we need to scrap the Orca bay logo and make one that represents Vancouver. 

uhhh?

How does an Orca with the colors blue, green. and white not represent Vancouver..?

2 minutes ago, logic said:

uhhh?

How does an Orca with the colors blue, green. and white not represent Vancouver..?

I just think it would be a nicer jersey if they dropped the cartoon Orca . That is all

Somehow get the mountains in there

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

I just think it would be a nicer jersey if they dropped the cartoon Orca . That is all

Somehow get the mountains in there

I agree the logo is far from perfect, however, since we got the new logo and jersey combination we have began to establish an identity for our franchise, and that is something we have clearly struggled with during our history in the league. 

I agree with minor tweaks and adjustments but we are building something good with what we have here, most fans may not believe it but the best years are yet to come for Vancouver!

3 minutes ago, Lil B From The Pack said:

imo the logo should be a hipster holding a coffee cup doing yoga tbh.

Joint in the other hand, and something should indicate that it is a premium flavored coffee...maybe visible foam on the top or something.  If it looks like a cup of plain dark roast or Folgers then the logo misses the boat entirely. 

Just now, Kevin Biestra said:

Joint in the other hand, and something should indicate that it is a premium flavored coffee...maybe visible foam on the top or something.  If it looks like a cup of plain dark roast or Folgers then the logo misses the boat entirely. 

Maybe the hipster should be Asian as well to represent the Asian domination of the housing market.

Archived