The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3 Way Trade] Tinordi to Cyotes, Scott & Bartley to Canadiens, Elliott to Preds

Bigturk8

So... John Scott is now ineligible for the All-Star game, as he has been sent down to the AHL (Or will be...). So Arizona will probably name a forward to replace him Boedker or Domi maybe... idk... so the question I have for all of you though is the following...

Was this intentionally done by the Coyotes? Furthermore, was this maybe pushed along by the NHL? This is super conspiracy theory I know, but honestly, everyone thinks its a joke that John Scott is in the ASG, and you could see motive to find a way to get him out of it... Because why would anyone acquire him to send him down to the AHL.... It just makes little sense, unless the motive was to remove him from the ASG.

6 minutes ago, Aircool said:

So... John Scott is now ineligible for the All-Star game, as he has been sent down to the AHL (Or will be...). So Arizona will probably name a forward to replace him Boedker or Domi maybe... idk... so the question I have for all of you though is the following...

Was this intentionally done by the Coyotes? Furthermore, was this maybe pushed along by the NHL? This is super conspiracy theory I know, but honestly, everyone thinks its a joke that John Scott is in the ASG, and you could see motive to find a way to get him out of it... Because why would anyone acquire him to send him down to the AHL.... It just makes little sense, unless the motive was to remove him from the ASG.

I guarantee Bergevin didn't make a trade just to prevent Scott from going to the all-star game

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I guarantee Bergevin didn't make a trade just to prevent Scott from going to the all-star game

Yeah supposedly Bergevin just really wanted Bartley... and presumably Scott was a necessary throw-in... I mean I know what I threw out there probably, if not definitely, isn't the case... but its just such a weird situation and you can't entirely discount the possibility of some sketchy conversations.

I really don't get why Montreal did the deal.  They are getting two one-way deals for the Ice Caps.  The only thing I see is that they are doing the decent thing for Tinordi and allowing him to try and get a career and not spend more time in the pressbox.

7 minutes ago, mll said:

This is a bunch of bs from the NHL.  They allowed fans to vote for any player they want.  And fans voted for Scottt and they don't like it and want to refuse?

Joke or for fun, Scott has the right to go and I feel bad for him the way the NHL is intentially embarrassing him.

22 minutes ago, mll said:

I really don't get why Montreal did the deal.  They are getting two one-way deals for the Ice Caps.  The only thing I see is that they are doing the decent thing for Tinordi and allowing him to try and get a career and not spend more time in the pressbox.

I don't see why they wanted Scott at all, apart from to be helpful to the league to try and get him out of the ASG. Other than that it makes sense to move a waivers eligible D for someone you can put in the AHL when you have too many and need room for another to come back from injury.

1 minute ago, elvis15 said:

I don't see why they wanted Scott at all, apart from to be helpful to the league to try and get him out of the ASG. Other than that it makes sense to move a waivers eligible D for someone you can put in the AHL when you have too many and need room for another to come back from injury.

Push back for Bruins?

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

Hmm, have him just take a run at Rask right off the bat and slam his head into the crossbar? I mean, it would be the end of Scott's career but that's pretty much happening anyway.

No.. But maybe it keeps Chara honest.. He is brutal on Gallagher.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Push back for Bruins?

I think they'd prefer to ice a roster full of players that can help them win games, not give up a space to someone the Bruins will just skate around.

Here's a thought though, should the AHL invite him to their ASG as a bit of a marketing ploy? I'm sure their connection with the NHL would mean they follow the NHL's lead and not risk embarrassment, but food for thought.

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I think they'd prefer to ice a roster full of players that can help them win games, not give up a space to someone the Bruins will just skate around.

Here's a thought though, should the AHL invite him to their ASG as a bit of a marketing ploy? I'm sure their connection with the NHL would mean they follow the NHL's lead and not risk embarrassment, but food for thought.

Id still rather see the Chara vs Scott playoff reel 2016. .  Quite possibly gives Gallagher more room to breath.

Archived