The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3 Way Trade] Tinordi to Cyotes, Scott & Bartley to Canadiens, Elliott to Preds

Bigturk8

How does John Scott getting traded mean he's not eligible for the All-Star game? Is it because he doesn't represent Arizona anymore? Can't he just be another player that represents Montreal? Seems kind of unfair and mean to John Scott.

Well, I was going to watch the ASG. As much as people think it's a joke Scott was voted in, it's a bigger joke when the NHL doesn't honour the result, telling the fans they 'will respect' the decision while pressuring Scott behind the scenes to bow out.

I voted for John Scott. He won. Put him in. Plain and simple. 

NHL is such a scum league.

If anyone believes anything other than that this was a plan to get rid of Scott from the asg, you're delusional.

...no one even gives a crap about the asg. it's boring, fans don't care, and the players would rather be on vacation. NHL allowed fan voting to get some interest in the event and the fans spoke. All the hype Scott made it and would actually make me and fans watch the event for once. But no, the NHL thinks they're smarter than everyone else. 

According to the league Scott playing is ridiculous but they're the ones who think having a team in Arizona, supporting it, and not folding it is not ridiculous. Makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Shaft said:

How does John Scott getting traded mean he's not eligible for the All-Star game? Is it because he doesn't represent Arizona anymore? Can't he just be another player that represents Montreal? Seems kind of unfair and mean to John Scott.

Not only was he traded to another team, he's in a totally different division and conference now. All the spots for that side of the ASG are already set, so to let him come would mean someone else loses a spot. Then if you factor in he's in the AHL it makes even less sense.

I totally get that this was the NHL's idea for a fan vote and it backfired on them so it's their own fault, but really, he shouldn't have been going anyway.

More details here: http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-john-scott-will-not-be-an-all-star/

Bob McKenzie was on Toronto’s TSN 1050 on Friday afternoon.

On if Friday’s trade means John Scott will not be an All-Star:

“John Scott will not be an All-Star. Either the National Hockey League will say because he is no longer in the Pacific Division – whether it’s in the NHL in the Atlantic Division or the real Atlantic Division, which is St. John’s… Either the NHL is going to say that he’s not eligible to be on the Pacific Division team as an All-Star captain, or John Scott – if it got to that, John Scott is going to go, ‘Uncle. I’m not going now.’

“I think he feels like there’s no question in his mind – and really, it strains the level of credulity to think otherwise – his inclusion in this trade, in my mind, was absolutely orchestrated to solve the All-Star issue for the league.”

30 minutes ago, Odd. said:

wtf..

Tinordi for Scott?

If we were to offer Yannick Weber for Tinordi we'd be overpaying massively according to this trade.

nope.

it's Bartley (and Scott) for Tinordi (and Stefan Fournier)

The principals are pretty clearly Bartley and Tinordi.

OP title is still incorrect.  It's not a 'three way deal'.

Not that it matters all that much, but for the sake of accuracy, the deals were this:

To Nashville

Stefan Elliott

To Arizona

Victor Bartley 

and then in a separate, subsequent deal:

To Montreal

Victor Bartley and John Scott

To Arizona

Tinordi and Stefan Fournier.

36 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

so J. Scott has more value then Higgins?

You're are missing the big picture here. Higgins isn't realy Higgins anymore. He's $termhiggins32 and therefore of questionable or little value.

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

NHL is such a scum league.

If anyone believes anything other than that this was a plan to get rid of Scott from the asg, you're delusional.

...no one even gives a crap about the asg. it's boring, fans don't care, and the players would rather be on vacation. NHL allowed fan voting to get some interest in the event and the fans spoke. All the hype Scott made it and would actually make me and fans watch the event for once. But no, the NHL thinks they're smarter than everyone else. 

According to the league Scott playing is ridiculous but they're the ones who think having a team in Arizona, supporting it, and not folding it is not ridiculous. Makes sense.

Does someone need a tissue?

You said it yourself, no one cares about the asg so why get all "moral high-ground" and outraged about this?

Archived