The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

23 hours ago, Monty said:

If he goes to free agency, I'm sure several teams would be willing to throw a 7 year deal somewhere in the $10M-$11M per year range. If he wants to go to a Canadian team, the Leafs, Canucks, and Jets will have the cap space to do it. We'll find out when free agency comes.

I totally believe that this is where he's going to be, income wise, come next season. There are a lot of teams that will have the space for that kind of deal this off season. I don't know if JB or TL would throw that kind of money and term at him. But, who knows? It would definitely usher in the new era in Vancouver. The possibilities using our own youth with him would be unlimited. It really brings the imagination to life.

Shinkaruk          Stamkos          Boeser

Hmmm.

57 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

If you post it enough... it will happen... If you post it enough... it will happen... if you post it... he will come... 

I don't know why I believe what random people on the internet say but what the hell, I'll give it a try. Hope it happens.

Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.

12 minutes ago, Kraken70 said:

I totally believe that this is where he's going to be, income wise, come next season. There are a lot of teams that will have the space for that kind of deal this off season. I don't know if JB or TL would throw that kind of money and term at him. But, who knows? It would definitely usher in the new era in Vancouver. The possibilities using our own youth with him would be unlimited. It really brings the imagination to life.

Shinkaruk          Stamkos          Boeser

Hmmm.

Baertschi-Stamkos-Virtanen

West Coast Express 2016

9 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yes logic... 

Was Steve Yzerman part of the Bolts organization prior or during the 2010 olympics?

Did Stamkos sign a contract extension in 2011 for 5 years offered by the GM that snubbed him? 

Did Stamkos not state that he realized why he was left off the roster in 2010?

Did Stamkos make the 2014 roster with the same coach and GM that snubbed him in 2010?

Why not request a trade if he felt so snubbed?  St.Louis did for that reason.  Why wouldn’t he do the same?

Hey I want stamkos on our team as much as the next guy, i'm just not going to start making ridiculous assumption to help me sleep better at night.  This city has had enough of that

Federov wanting to join his former teammates mogilny and Bure

Forsberg wanted to play with Naslund

Neidermeyer wanting to play close to home

Gaborik buying a house in Vancouver

Stamkos wants to play in Canada but wont play for TO because Babcock "snubbed" him 6 years ago. 

This was about a statement of Stamkos possibly still feeling a stinger from the man in charge of the 2010 Canadian Mens Hockey Team hosted in Vancouver.. Steve Yzerman., the same year Stamkos won a very high profile NHL trophy for most goals scored in that season.

he was asked how he felt about being excluded from that team. . Which shows that there was an emotion or effect or feeling to discuss on that topic.

i dont care about who paid him what or when or where.. I was enlightening the fact that there was some controversy around the topic at that time, even the media exploited it with the then 19yr old Stamkos (Your media link, thanks). Afterwards, a connection can still be made between Yzerman and Stamkos being snubbed from the 2010 Oylimpics.  

Done.. Thats all ive said.   .. And it is still possible that Stamkos comes to Vancouver.

when he signs somewhere else,. Then he is not coming here.

That is logic, you can not deny that...  But i will say that i think "Me_" is your female alternate signature. 

So, to answer you logically and chronologicaly :

1: No, but Yzerman was the exc. dir. Of the 2010 mens Oylimpic team. Yzerman snubbed Stamkos that year.

2: Yes, Yzerman signed Stamkos to a big deal when Yzerman became Tampa GM . (But who wouldnt,. Does this mean they kissed and made up?)

3: yes, in the media link you provided Stamkos says all the politicaly correct words that Hockey Canada, his Agent, and our Nation "wants" to hear about being snubbed from the 2010 oylimpic gold medal team. Its obvious it effected Stamkos.

4: yes, kiss, make up, break leg, still no oylimpics..

5: stamkos is in prime of his career, St Louis was not,. And about to retire. Stamkos is in the position of power right now. . Totally different.

Stamkos waits for every offer.. No trade.

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't know why I believe what random people on the internet say but what the hell, I'll give it a try. Hope it happens.

Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.Stamkos to Canucks. Lucic to Canucks. Buff to Canucks.

... So got my back!!  See you in the box, my gaterade is the blue one. ;) 

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This was about a statement of Stamkos possibly still feeling a stinger from the man in charge of the 2010 Canadian Mens Hockey Team hosted in Vancouver.. Steve Yzerman., the same year Stamkos won a very high profile NHL trophy for most goals scored in that season.

he was asked how he felt about being excluded from that team. . Which shows that there was an emotion or effect or feeling to discuss on that topic.

i dont care about who paid him what or when or where.. I was enlightening the fact that there was some controversy around the topic at that time, even the media exploited it with the then 19yr old Stamkos (Your media link, thanks). Afterwards, a connection can still be made between Yzerman and Stamkos being snubbed from the 2010 Oylimpics.  

Done.. Thats all ive said.   .. And it is still possible that Stamkos comes to Vancouver.

when he signs somewhere else,. Then he is not coming here.

That is logic, you can not deny that...  But i will say that i think "Me_" is your female alternate signature. 

So, to answer you logically and chronologicaly :

1: No, but Yzerman was the exc. dir. Of the 2010 mens Oylimpic team. Yzerman snubbed Stamkos that year.

2: Yes, Yzerman signed Stamkos to a big deal when Yzerman became Tampa GM . (But who wouldnt,. Does this mean they kissed and made up?)

3: yes, in the media link you provided Stamkos says all the politicaly correct words that Hockey Canada, his Agent, and our Nation "wants" to hear about being snubbed from the 2010 oylimpic gold medal team. Its obvious it effected Stamkos.

4: yes, kiss, make up, break leg, still no oylimpics..

5: stamkos is in prime of his career, St Louis was not,. And about to retire. Stamkos is in the position of power right now. . Totally different.

Stamkos waits for every offer.. No trade.

So despite all the evidence that Stamkos holds no grudge, towards Stevie Y or Babcock (this is about him signing in TO), from something that happened 6 years ago.  You choose to ignore it and write it off as not important (because it doesn't line up with your theory) and still continue to go on.....again too many stingers to the head...What a pointless discussion...It's like arguing with a someone over the existence of santa...how's that journey song go again....

^^^ OK boys, you've both got your points across. Neither one of you are gonna convince the other guy to change their mind. 

You guys are gonna make me start drinking even earlier today and the wife's gonna break this laptop over my head if I do that. lol 

20 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So despite all the evidence that Stamkos holds no grudge, towards Stevie Y or Babcock (this is about him signing in TO), from something that happened 6 years ago.  You choose to ignore it and write it off as not important (because it doesn't line up with your theory) and still continue to go on.....again too many stingers to the head...What a pointless discussion...It's like arguing with a someone over the existence of santa...how's that journey song go again....

I said: 

>>> 3 hours ago, SilentSam said:
I beleive Stamkos was snubbed by Yzerman and Babcock in 2010 Olympics. <<<

You said: >>> "St.louis was snubbed. Stamkos broke his leg"<<

then i went on to correct you,.. i can directly be quoted as saying "2010" in my first statement,. When you were assuming, or thinking 2014..

my one question for you, Mr Logic is:

How is this logical?

the evidence is clear, you were saying one thing, but thinking something else..  Its ok, cause even the pro's like Stamkos do that.. 

But i cant put you in that category,. If i did,. You would only try to correct me.

did you honestly think about what you were saying?  (Bet that feels like a spear to the nutz)

41 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I said: 

>>> 3 hours ago, SilentSam said:
I beleive Stamkos was snubbed by Yzerman and Babcock in 2010 Olympics. <<<

You said: >>> "St.louis was snubbed. Stamkos broke his leg"<<

then i went on to correct you,.. i can directly be quoted as saying "2010" in my first statement,. When you were assuming, or thinking 2014..

my one question for you, Mr Logic is:

How is this logical?

the evidence is clear, you were saying one thing, but thinking something else..  Its ok, cause even the pro's like Stamkos do that.. 

But i cant put you in that category,. If i did,. You would only try to correct me.

did you honestly think about what you were saying?  (Bet that feels like a spear to the nutz)

Do you even know what thread your in? You replied that to the comment of stamkos wanting to go back and play in him home town of Toronto. Your logic, not mine is that Babcock snubbed him to the point that he won't want to go to TO. I pointed out how stupid that sounds but your willing to defend that to the end. This discussion is over it's a waste of my time arguing with children. 

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Do you even know what thread your in? You replied that to the comment of stamkos wanting to go back and play in him home town of Toronto. Your logic, not mine is that Babcock snubbed him to the point that he won't want to go to TO. I pointed out how stupid that sounds but your willing to defend that to the end. This discussion is over it's a waste of my time arguing with children. 

This is about Stamkos coming to Vancouver-Friedman..

no you thought i was talking about 2014 in 2016 , on the planet Earth.. I was offering an opposite opinion to some-one else (not you), about their opinion on him going to Toronto. You tried to correct me on a truth.. Which remains a truth, it happened in 2010.. which qualifies my opinion. I never asked for your opinion,.. Wrong date, wrong time, but hey,..  There were Earthlings involved.

Perhaps ask yourself, "am i on the right Planet"?

Ive got to go to bed now, my mum says "Time to go to bed, youve got Kindergarten tomorrow"

I don't see why he would come here. Not a contender , although with him we would be close , and nowhere near his hometown , so that's not an advantage either. Won't happen. Obviously , anyone would be stoked if he did though . I wouldn't care how much it took really. he will get a far better fit offer him a similar amount. 

2 hours ago, Me16 said:

I don't see why he would come here. Not a contender , although with him we would be close , and nowhere near his hometown , so that's not an advantage either. Won't happen. Obviously , anyone would be stoked if he did though . I wouldn't care how much it took really. he will get a far better fit offer him a similar amount. 

.. 6th time makes this a lucky charm ;)

Here you go, its actually possible to have cake and eat it too.

31.5 m. Off Load...

For Stamkos, Lucic, and Buff (or Yandle or..)

Hamhuis, 4.5m .    Vrbatta,5.0m .      Edler, 5.0m . Miller, 6m . Weber, 1.5m.,   Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  Burrows,4.5.

NoTradeClauses:

Burrows to Montreal, family

Miller to Death Valley (S.Jose or Anaheim), family

Edler to Florida, Swedish Valhalla

we trade Demko ,our 1st overall + at Draft Table for FIRST OVERALL.

this city does not need anymore 2bit mediocrity. It needs excitment

If not re signed, most every team will throw substantial money at Stammer, Cap be damned I think just about every team will send him a huge offer, and move other pieces afterwords to remain cap compliment.  My I think he'll head out to Toronto for the league Max in term and some ridiculous dollars, he's certainly the guy to show all their prized prospects the ropes with his work ethic and leadership.

2 hours ago, CALGARY! said:

If not re signed, most every team will throw substantial money at Stammer, Cap be damned I think just about every team will send him a huge offer, and move other pieces afterwords to remain cap compliment.  My I think he'll head out to Toronto for the league Max in term and some ridiculous dollars, he's certainly the guy to show all their prized prospects the ropes with his work ethic and leadership.

.... But Toronto? ..they have the "Curse of Harold Ballard" . A hockey players hell on earth. :) 

Archived