The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Freidman "I wouldn't be surprised if The Canucks threw some serious money at Stamkos"

10 minutes ago, Shaelon said:

Sedin - Sedin - Stamkos

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Shinkaruk - Sutter - Virtanen

Dorsett - McCann - Boeser

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Hutton

Biega - Pedan

Markstrom

Miller

Its bigger and better than this,  oh, and add Tryamkin to this picture:

Here you go, its actually possible to have cake and eat it too.

31.5 m. Off Load...

For Stamkos, Lucic, and Buff (or Yandle or..)

Hamhuis, 4.5m .    Vrbatta,5.0m .      Edler, 5.0m . Miller, 6m . Weber, 1.5m.,   Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  Burrows,4.5.

NoTradeClauses:

Burrows to Montreal, family

Miller to Death Valley (S.Jose or Anaheim), family

Edler to Florida, Swedish Valhalla

we trade Demko ,our 1st overall + at Draft Table for FIRST OVERALL.

this city does not need anymore 2bit mediocrity. It needs excitment.

1 hour ago, GiveEmTheCan said:

I'm sure WD is salivating at the thought of playing stamkos with burrows and dorsett

31.5 m. Off Load...

Hamhuis, 4.5m .    Vrbatta,5.0m .      Edler, 5.0m . Miller, 6m . Weber, 1.5m.,   Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  Burrows,4.5.

NoTradeClauses:

41 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

This i know this Great One: 

Steve Yzerman was named the Exec. Director of the 2010 Canadian  Oylimpic Hockey Team by Hockey Canada. 

The SAME season and Year that Steve Stamkos won the Maurice Rocket Richard Trophy for Leading Goals in the NHL.

.. feel the zinger??

** should be a penalty assesed for skating with your head down

So you think because a 19 year old was having a good year (he wasn’t a ppg player until after the Olympics) felt betrayed because he didn’t make Team Canada.  A Olympic team that was loaded with talent and built to roll with four lines.  He was even listed as the healthy reserve.

What did Stamkos have to say about it

"It was tough. You want to make every team you try out for, so it was disappointing," Stamkos told Sportsnet.ca "At the same time, I'm a realist. I was 19 years old at the time, and there's so many good players and guys that have had more experience than you at that level. So you use it as a little motivation and hope that next time you get your name called."

But you’re saying that he was so upset, that he held a grudge for 6 years, in that time having signed a 5 year extension (with that GM that snubbed* him) and was also named to team Canada in 2014 (by that GM and coach that snubbed* him), which he would have played had he not been injured.  And now, after 6 years of this hatred stirring, he’s going to take out his revenge on that GM and coach of the Olympic team (from 6 years ago) by not signing with either of their current teams?

……Sound logic right there……..but you had a good day though

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Right. So those 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia didn't exist. Right. Those damn Russians. I knew something was fishy...

Stamkos and the Olympics

Even excluding the Fact that Stamkos broke his leg in 2013 and did not appear in 2014 Sochi

Steve Yzerman was named the Exec. Director of the 2010 Canadian  Oylimpic Hockey Team by Hockey Canada. 

The SAME season and Year that Steve Stamkos won the Maurice Rocket Richard Trophy for Leading Goals in the NHL. (2010)

.. feel the zinger??

** should be a penalty assesed for skating with your head down

If a player like Stamkos hits free agency and you have available cap, you put in an offer. Period. There is zero chance a GM passes on an opportunity like that because there might be a decent D oprion instead. Still doesn't mean he comes here but I guarantee him and Lucic are the first two out of anyone that Benning gets on the phone for, if theyre available. Yes, we could use D. But a D lineup of Edler-Tanev, Hutton-Biega, Sbisa-Fedun is serviceable for a year if it means you can land guys like that. Then you shop for D the year after when Miller and Burrows 10.5 million is off the books.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

31.5 m. Off Load...

Hamhuis, 4.5m .    Vrbatta,5.0m .      Edler, 5.0m . Miller, 6m . Weber, 1.5m.,   Higgins, 2.5m.  Prust, 2.5.  Burrows,4.5.

NoTradeClauses:

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I beleive Stamkos was snubbed by Yzerman and Babcock in 2010 Olympics.  Toronto is a mess.

Vancouver is an option.. Canadian kid in a BEAUTIFUL canadian city making USD.  maybe play with Lucic and Buff instead of against them?

31.5 m. Off Load...

NoTradeClauses:

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Its bigger and better than this,  oh, and add Tryamkin to this picture:

31.5 m. Off Load...

NoTradeClauses:

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

31.5 m. Off Load...

NoTradeClauses:

If you post it enough... it will happen... If you post it enough... it will happen... if you post it... he will come... 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

So you think because a 19 year old was having a good year (he wasn’t a ppg player until after the Olympics) felt betrayed because he didn’t make Team Canada.  A Olympic team that was loaded with talent and built to roll with four lines.  He was even listed as the healthy reserve.

What did Stamkos have to say about it

"It was tough. You want to make every team you try out for, so it was disappointing," Stamkos told Sportsnet.ca "At the same time, I'm a realist. I was 19 years old at the time, and there's so many good players and guys that have had more experience than you at that level. So you use it as a little motivation and hope that next time you get your name called."

But you’re saying that he was so upset, that he held a grudge for 6 years, in that time having signed a 5 year extension (with that GM that snubbed* him) and was also named to team in 2014 (by that GM and coach that snubbed him), which he would have played had he not been injured.  And now, after 6 years of this hatred stirring, he’s going to take out his revenge on that GM and coach of the Olympic team (from 6 years ago) by not signing with either of their current teams?

……Sound logic right there……..

You are assuming "I AM" saying more than what ive stated,. Wondered what you would come up with next.  A "zinger" stings like hell..  Top notch players like Stamkos find a way of coming up with the right words in the right situations because its the politically correct thing to do.

..you on the other hand, are flayling around on the ice like a fish out of water now.  .. I think "Me_" has your stretcher.

On 20/01/2016 at 2:34 PM, Boddy604 said:

If a player like Stamkos hits free agency and you have available cap, you put in an offer. Period. There is zero chance a GM passes on an opportunity like that because there might be a decent D oprion instead. Still doesn't mean he comes here but I guarantee him and Lucic are the first two out of anyone that Benning gets on the phone for, if theyre available. Yes, we could use D. But a D lineup of Edler-Tanev, Hutton-Biega, Sbisa-Fedun is serviceable for a year if it means you can land guys like that. Then you shop for D the year after when Miller and Burrows 10.5 million is off the books.

Yeah, you gotta try. He's a top tier guy in the league, you have to try and get these guys. Even from a business points of view, merchandise sales and butts in seats is what NHL is all about, it's a business. To get a guy like Stamkos on your team would be good for business.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You are assuming "I AM" saying more than what ive stated,. Wondered what you would come up with next.  A "zinger" stings like hell..  Top notch players like Stamkos find a way of coming up with the right words in the right situations because its the politically correct thing to do.

..you on the other hand, are flayling around on the ice like a fish out of water now.  .. I think "Me_" has your stretcher.

That's right ignore logic. Your theory must be right even when the player himself states and does otherwise. Maybe someone's taken too many zingers* to the head. 

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Yeah, you gotta try. He's a top tier guy in the league, you have to try and get these guys. Even from a business points of view, merchandise sales and butts in seats is what NHL is all about, it's a business. To get a guy like Stamkos on your team would be good for business.

Stamkos ant 10.5 or Lucic at 7, you take Stamkos at 10.5. 

Spock!  My mitts are off here, get my back ;)

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's right ignore logic. Your theory must be right even when the player himself states and does otherwise. Maybe someone's taken too many zingers* to the head. 

Now Im supposed to assume your logical ?    Not happening.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Spock!  My mitts are off here, get my back ;)

hahah, I think both you guys are right. Obviously Stamkos is a competitor, it would be disappointing to be left off the team but at the same time he was 19,  Crosby was left off the 2006 team too.  

But if it increases the chance of getting him in a Canucks uniform than Stamkos should be pissed at Yzerman.:lol:

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

hahah, I think both you guys are right. Obviously Stamkos is a competitor, it would be disappointing to be left off the team but at the same time he was 19,  Crosby was left off the 2006 team too.  

But if it increases the chance of getting him in a Canucks uniform than Stamkos should be pissed at Yzerman.:lol:

Im all out of rep points Rock"s, but id give you 2 for that :) 

#DamnFreidman 

We know St Louis felt betrayed for Y not putting him on the team. Stamkos probably pretty choked about that too because Marty was his set up man. Since Marty left Stamkos hasn't been the same player, he needs that top tier puck distributor on the wing if he's gonna play C and score lots of goals.

Maybe we can entice him with Baertschi? The kids kinda small like Marty and can pass the puck. Maybe we can somehow convince Stamkos that Baer is the next St Louis.  

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Now Im supposed to assume your logical ?    Not happening.

Yes logic... 

Was Steve Yzerman part of the Bolts organization prior or during the 2010 olympics?

Did Stamkos sign a contract extension in 2011 for 5 years offered by the GM that snubbed him? 

Did Stamkos not state that he realized why he was left off the roster in 2010?

Did Stamkos make the 2014 roster with the same coach and GM that snubbed him in 2010?

Why not request a trade if he felt so snubbed?  St.Louis did for that reason.  Why wouldn’t he do the same?

Hey I want stamkos on our team as much as the next guy, i'm just not going to start making ridiculous assumption to help me sleep better at night.  This city has had enough of that

Federov wanting to join his former teammates mogilny and Bure

Forsberg wanted to play with Naslund

Neidermeyer wanting to play close to home

Gaborik buying a house in Vancouver

Stamkos wants to play in Canada but wont play for TO because Babcock "snubbed" him 6 years ago. 

Archived