The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver-Montreal

To Vancouver

Alex Galchenyuk

To Montreal

Ryan Miller

Jared McCann

Ryan Miller looks like vintage Miller. With Price out for 4 more months, they need a starting goaltender that can steal them games or at the minimum, win them games. Remember, Price is out for 4 months and will take about 1 month to get back to vintage Price, taking them to the playoffs.  Miller does that and has proven to be able to do that. When Price returns, they will have the best tandem in the NHL and when given adequate rest, Miller has shown to be as good as Price. Montreal also gets Jared McCann, an explosive forward who is not as proven as Galchenyuk but has the potential to be just as good offensively.

Alex Galchenyuk, 6'1 207 lbs center at 21 years old. Need i say more?

Where do you get 4 months? Price is out another 3-4 weeks. Even if he wasn't. Montreal isn't taking on another 2 years of Miller st $6m. 

Also. Bergevin very clearly said today he wasn't going to make a trade for a temporary fix at the  cost of the clubs future 

How about this?

Miller (50% retained)
2nd

for

Fucale

They get a reliable veteran goalie at a 3mil cap hit to help them get in the playoffs for the price of their goalie prospect who may not be a starter for their organization for another 3+ years at the very least; Price will be their starter for the next 7 years most likely. Then they can salvage their goalie prospect depth by using that 2nd to draft a goalie.

Montreal does this if they feel like Condon isn't good enough to carry the load and if it's true that Price is out for 4 months. But based on Google, you are completely wrong and it's only for 3-4 more weeks. 

45 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal already has Condon and Scrivens. They aren't making a move for another goalie. Goaltending hadn't been the biggest issue. It's been the lack of offence 

Goaltending hasn't been the biggest issue. But if Price's injury is extended and they head into the playoffs with Condon and Scrivens, I would be worried. 

Scrivens hasn't been the same since that OT goal against him in while playing for TO. And Condon is average at best; a career backup based on his small sample of NHL games.

3 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Goaltending hasn't been the biggest issue. But if Price's injury is extended and they head into the playoffs with Condon and Scrivens, I would be worried. 

Scrivens hasn't been the same since that OT goal against him in while playing for TO. And Condon is average at best; a career backup based on his small sample of NHL games.

It's still not nearly the biggest issue. Putting pucks in the net has been a far bigger problem.  They're already going to have decisions to make when Price comes back healthy. Trading for yet another NHL goaltender with term left in his contract makes zero sense. 

4 hours ago, ghjffbali said:

Easy no for Montreal. McCann may not end up being as good as Galchenyuk will be and is an immediate downgrade. They also eat Miller's contract for another year as a backup.

Easy no is an understatement. Bergevin hangs up the phone and blocks Benning (especially after the Kassian debacle) before telling all his friends and laughing about it over drinks.

How come no one has mentioned BURROWS here,.   Helloooo !     Montreal, Vancover proposal?

Burrows is eating up about 5m in Capspace,  has an NTC ( I think) . Montreal is HOME ..  Burrows still has game,  and maybe 3 good years left,. Playing for the Habs to finish out his career would be a dream come true.. 

Edit:  Besides , Miller will probably go to Death Valley in the Summer to be closer to his actress wife and family in L.A.    Apparently, it was San Jose who was interested in him at the start of this season. 

BOOM 6m gone.

43 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

How come no one has mentioned BURROWS here,.   Helloooo !     Montreal, Vancover proposal?

Burrows is eating up about 5m in Capspace,  has an NTC ( I think) . Montreal is HOME ..  Burrows still has game,  and maybe 3 good years left,. Playing for the Habs to finish out his career would be a dream come true.. 

who could they get?

8 minutes ago, chon derry said:

how could they get?

Hey Chon, just edited my last post to add a bit about Miller.     Don't worry too much about what you get back.,  the Capspace will be a god send to us with the UFA's that will be available..  I chalked up a plan that potentially clears 31.5 mill through attrition of our expiring UFA's.  .. and the trade away of 3 key players Miller, Burrows, and Edler.   We may be able to upgrade big time with acquiring 3 template UFA's.  ... Keeping the chemistry of our core prospects, Markstrom, and the Sedin's .

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hey Chon, just edited my last post to add a bit about Miller.     Don't worry too much about what you get back.,  the Capspace will be a god send to us with the UFA's that will be available..  I chalked up a plan that potentially clears 31.5 mill through attrition of our expiring UFA's.  .. and the trade away of 3 key players Miller, Burrows, and Edler.   We may be able to upgrade big time with acquiring 3 template UFA's.  ... Keeping the chemistry of our core prospects, Markstrom, and the Sedin's .

hamhuis if asked to waive i think he contemplates retirement  burrows , edler  barkowski, weber, cracker ,prust 6 guys that i can't see being around much longer. hansen has trade worth but he,s a keeper        i also think there,s enough prospects that at least 2 become expendable

Archived