The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

your scraping the bottom of the barrel with your example  of jenson and etem.   Etem is already showing signs of previous assessments of him and his work ethic.   but I said I would look at him with objective lenses at 20 games or so.     So I guess he can still prove himself.  

Handling of prospects ???   he gifted Virtanen and McCann roster spots to serve his own ego at season start regardless if it was good for the kids.    my opinion is they shouldn't be here.    

age change is one thing , but Aquilini sees it different.   bottom line , dwindling ticket and merchandising sales, lower forbes team valuation, celler dweller in the standings and that's with good goaltending.      COME ON at some point you have to stand back and see it for what it is.

Etem is already showing he isn't a hard worker?  He's been the most explosive player on that line, consistently.  

Gifted?  To serve his own ego?  Can't say I know JB personally but from what you see and hear he seems like the last guy that makes those sorts of decisions.  

So after a couple of seasons of trying to transition the team WHILE remaining competitive and you think the sky is falling.   Can't say I'm surprised by you thinking that.  

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

are you really going to say that??     boeser doesn't play a physical style .    and if your comparing him to Konecny in physical play you are miles away from the truth. 

Boeser isn't 3 inches and 20 pounds heavier? My bad... troll on

Nearly everyone wants to see this team transition, and the sooner the better.  With Higgins and now Prust gone from the roster, that is a massive decrease in average age.  The only players over 30 are now:

- Sedins
- Vrbata
- Burrows
- Hamhuis

Cracknell is 30, Edler and Hansen are 29.  Virtanen and McCann are now going to get into more games, and with the TDL just four weeks away we will likely see more roster spots opened, with a good chance that 2 of the above 5 will also be gone.  We should be rejoicing, which is why it's perplexing why some are nellying over a fifth round pick unless it is simply a cry for attention or an overt expression of butthurt.

Looks to me like there won't be any buying for a playoff push at the TDL, but selling of assets in preparation for probably the biggest off-season in many years.

4 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Etem is already showing he isn't a hard worker?  He's been the most explosive player on that line, consistently.  

Gifted?  To serve his own ego?  Can't say I know JB personally but from what you see and hear he seems like the last guy that makes those sorts of decisions.  

So after a couple of seasons of trying to transition the team WHILE remaining competitive and you think the sky is falling.   Can't say I'm surprised by you thinking that.  

It's almost pointless to argue with him.. He just pulls stuff outta thin air and tries to make it stick.  He just doesn't get it.

edit I think chilliwiggins is confused why Etem wasn't noticeable this weekend

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

As do people who believe that they can dictate how others debate or write on an online forum.

lol... you gonna cry about free speech next? Hint - I have no power over you and in fact can not dictate anything to you. Go look for some other machine to rage against.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trying to tell the fans to have faith. Considering the team isn't selling out the building are you surprised?

That's what this statement is about. 

Selling tickets through the remaining schedule. They aren't going to give up on the season. They are going to try to win games. 

That's not the same as not making moves at the deadline. People need to read between the lines. 

1 minute ago, butters said:

lol... you gonna cry about free speech next? Hint - I have no power over you and in fact can not dictate anything to you. Go look for some other machine to rage against.

Not going to cry at all. Thanks for clearing up the hierarchy of the CDC for me.

Based on your ramblings, I'd factor a guess that you barely have power over your own thoughts, let alone those of posters with a far greater grasp on reality and far less spastic outbreaks.

I love Rage Against the Machine. Great band. They had a purpose. You know what purpose is right? Hint - It's not a fish.

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

I really hope that doesn't mean that we'll be buyers. That would be disasterous right now. 

If any buying is done, it will be like they've done so far -- getting players that are here for the long haul, either youth (Baertschi, Vey, Etem) or prime-aged vets (Dorsett, Sbisa, Sutter).  Certainly no rentals.  And we almost certainly will not see any more players of 30+ acquired or signed but rather moved out.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

If any buying is done, it will be like they've done so far -- getting players that are here for the long haul, either youth (Baertschi, Vey, Etem) or prime-aged vets (Dorsett, Sbisa, Sutter).  Certainly no rentals.  And we almost certainly will not see any more players of 30+ acquired or signed but rather moved out.

Damn!!!

Archived