The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Brandon Prust Clears Waivers

canucks411

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Being a good prospect and becoming one of the leagues top scorers are two different things.

Nobody knew a 5th rounder would be as good as he was. Anyone that said they did is lying.

That's not what I'm saying...if the question of baseball was not an issue he would have gone in the 2nd/3rd round. He was not an unknown quantity.

Finally! Guy was a bum that obviously never wanted to play here in the first place. The thing that did it for me was when he said that the kids had to learn to stick up for themselves and that it wasn't his job....

That literally IS your job!  That's why you were brought here!...  or should I say WAS your job...

Things he was brought here to do:

Mentoring the kids...FAIL!  

Protecting the kids to give them a "safe learning environment" (as Linden put it).....FAIL!

Peace out Prust!  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

16 minutes ago, Boddy604 said:

One of em had to go. I would've kept Schneider and traded Luongo. Then we'd have a Schneider-Markstrom tandem right now but no Horvat. I can live with that.

Though Schneider is one of my favourite current goalies and my favourite to ever wear Canucks blue+green, keeping him would have granted us maybe 1-3 more rounds of playoff hockey... 

after losses to LA and San Jose in subsequent years, entering the following season with Cory in net would have made very little difference. We may have made the playoffs, but that's about it. His skill set and our timeline simply didn't make sense. 

I'm super happy to have Horvat, and I actually feel kinda bad for Cory. Despite being one of the top net minders of his generation, he'll likely never get a real chance at a cup. Guy's in incredible shape though, may be in the league for a long time; perhaps Jersey improves, or he's traded to a contender somewhere down the road.

Also, getting a real good glimpse at Markstrom over the past 1.5 years only further proves how intriguing/confusing a player he really is, and why management had such a hard time letting him go despite not seeing much from him. What a frustrating skill set. I mean, the kid is calm, confident, can handle the puck, and most importantly, he's MASSIVE. But then he lets in oddly weak goals on a semi-frequent basis and appears to lack a little discipline. It's just frustrating simply because he has all of the attributes to potentially be the greatest goaltender our organization has ever seen... and his window to do that is running out. Really like what I have seen from him of late, however, and hopefully we ride him till we get a definitive answer either way... or at least util Demko is ready.

Just now, theminister said:

That's not what I'm saying...if the question of baseball was not an issue he would have gone in the 2nd/3rd round. He was not an unknown quantity.

Never said he was unknown.

The point was that it's silly to say that it was poor scouting to pass on him like he was destined to be a superstar. Lots of Gms would like to go back and redo that draft I'm sure.

Even if he went in the 2nd or 3rd round he was being taken 60 spots too late.

7 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

well the hope behind this was that the current GM knew what he was doing or at least saying before the season started at the summer summit meeting.  its now looking like he has no idea what hes doing from trades to past prospects to players worth past current and future.    He looks to be a GM that can be man handled by the more experienced in the league.  this to me does not spell long term.   this regime has to be held accountable for where they are , why they are there .   It spells mismanagement at every level.

:blink:

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Jim_Benning/280

Aside from Forsling; which one could argue inevitably got us Sutter in part due to Clendenning; name 1 trade that Benning absolutely lost.  name 1 prospect benning has mishandled in 2 ish seasons, and name 1 single player he's mistreated whose play hasn't earned their demotion (which I might add is almost universally a coaching decision)

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

If Prust clears, Then Cap squeezed teams, which would include just about every contending team, could trade a 4th or higher pick for him keep him in the minors until playoff time when no cap counts and bring him in for a long playoff run, if he is claimed then we shed Cap and when selling guys like Hammer or Burrows at the deadline we will have some ability to absorb some $

THIS.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Never said he was unknown.

The point was that it's silly to say that it was poor scouting to pass on him like he was destined to be a superstar. Lots of Gms would like to go back and redo that draft I'm sure.

Even if he went in the 2nd or 3rd round he was being taken 60 spots too late.

You are arguing with a troll.

Why are you doing that?

5 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

well the hope behind this was that the current GM knew what he was doing or at least saying before the season started at the summer summit meeting.  its now looking like he has no idea what hes doing from trades to past prospects to players worth past current and future.    He looks to be a GM that can be man handled by the more experienced in the league.  this to me does not spell long term.   this regime has to be held accountable for where they are , why they are there .   It spells mismanagement at every level.

Let's see, the Canucks have gotten considerably younger, and others in the AHL are developing well.  He turned Jensen into Etem.  so his handling of prospects is good.  

The Canucks are trending the right way with their line up.  Players who need opportunity are getting it, and JB isn't afraid to move players out to make room for that.  Seems like pretty good management to me.  

But go ahead and let us know how you think the team should be managed.  It is very informative for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, TimberWolf said:

Does this also apply to those that claim the opposite that their opinions are that Kassian was helped in every way? (written as fact in some examples)

its also very weak, but at least its based on something, and not completely made up

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

um a puck possession team he claimed to be and failed royally, I mean royally.   traded for a guy that didn't want to be here from day one. the standings count, right????epic fail.  love those loser points.   come on this management crew appears nothing more than rookie to all other teams and all media sources.     from top to bottom , inside and out they don't have the experience win at anything.   this will continue to show its ugly face long after they change coaching staff because that is the least of their problems.

disagree....

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Because trolls need to be beaten into submission with logic clubs every once and awhile.

So...when I add constructive and useful information to your comment, you choose to argue his ridiculous comment to me as if I'm defending it? Please don't. 

And I fundamentally disagree with your above statement. They should be ignored, starved, and blocked by everyone. 

1 hour ago, chilliwiggins said:

of course I'm talking KONECNY.    debrincat is real small, not just small.     you never know though hopefully benning isn't picking by then.

Small is the key word. We already had baertschi and shinkaruk in the fold. Brock is 3 inches taller, 20 lbs heavier and plays a physical style. I wouldn't change our pick.

Archived